Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Monday

Good morning everyone!

I really wish I wasn't starting us off this morning, because frankly I had an awful weekend for exercise and food.

Friday I just didn't get any activity in, Saturday I got little to no activity and ate appallingly (food at my cousins reception was donuts, candy, cake, cupcakes and then pizza), and yesterday I got 10,000 steps but was so far over my calorie goal for the day I feel bloated and nasty today.

Instead of letting myself get down about the bad weekend, I'm going to look no the bright side and get back on track today with some body combat.

Re: Workout Accountability: Monday

• Definitely don't get down on yourself entropic!  That's what I do and the consequences are terrible and I can never pull myself out of it.  Luckily, I was able to drag myself (well H did most of the dragging while riding the bike) our for a run yesterday.  I hadn't had much to eat during the day so my energy level was at an all time low and such and easy run like that seemed like torture.  I need to remember to have a quick snack an hour before a run!  

Eating has been the usual, not terrible but could always be just a bit better (especially with the candy and wine, lol).  When I push too hard I get way too hard on myself so I will make slow improvements.

I've also decided to get back into the half marathon training plan again.  Right now it starts off with 3-5 mile runs during the week which I think can be doable.  Runs are Tu-Th and Monday and Fridays are "rest" days with cross training on Sundays.  The goal is to use the rest days to do some light weights and on Sundays either do a complete rest, or whatever type of exercise I feel like, even if it is a short run.  Usually when I have a plan to follow it's a bit easier.  ALSO (sorry I'm rambling) I noticed my gym might be starting a P90X class.  It's a bit extra money-wise for the class but I would like to do it if it fits into my schedule.  I might have to put off the running for a bit, we shall see.
  • Entropic don't feel bad.  Everyone slips, especially me. lol

This weekend was pretty good food wise but no exercise.  I am hoping to go to the gym tonight. I am debating whether to do my yoga class or weights and cardio.  I can't wait til Zumba Wednesday I wish they had one every night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Everyone slips and has a bad weekend!! The point is you did do the 10,000 steps which is awesome. Just get back into it and know that you are doing awesome. Encourgament and taking a break to be you is something that is important mentally so you want to exercise and lose the weight. Keep up the good work and dont worry soo much about the weekend. You had fun and now you can get back to it!!

Relax and breath!

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• I join in with the rest entropic. Plus I can't say that I am doing too well food, exercise, or moodwise. I think the SAD finally really hit and I have to get myself out of this slump. Plan on doing that by going to the gym today and at least getting myself to do some cardio. I know it will feel better once I do.
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-monday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:01791997-4a63-4f88-9bfa-5fb4c05dfc72Post:6e3fd601-4bae-4c42-b12a-88986d913468">Re: Workout Accountability: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I join in with the rest entropic. Plus I can't say that I am doing too well food, exercise, or moodwise. I think the SAD finally really hit and I have to get myself out of this slump. Plan on doing that by going to the gym today and at least getting myself to do some cardio. I know it will feel better once I do.
    Posted by Clio073[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally hear you about the SAD.  I was bummin' for a week and a half.  I don't think it helped that we came back from hot hot weather on our honeymoon to 50s and rain.  My brain was like NO THANK YOU.  H pushed me out of the slump this weekend which was wonderful.  Another thing that helped was hearing how even my parents were more lethargic and "down" with the weather and decreased light during the day.  I thought I was alone because H is all rainbows and sunshine and knowing that I wasn't alone helped me realize that it's "ok" and I just need to keep truckin'  :).</div>
  • Hey all! I had an off weekend as well, but I think that I'm brewing the cold/flu that FI brought home last week. He's still not 100%, and I feel kind of weird overall, so I took it easy. I'm still not quite back to myself either, but I do feel better.

Vitamin D seems to be helping my SAD. It's been 3 weeks and I do see an improvement in my energy and mood.

hope that everyone has a good week. It is only Monday, after all. It can only get better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning all!

I'm in a good mood today. The scale FINALLY moved. I've been waiting 3 full weeks! (which I know is not actually that bad). But I think dropping my calories did it. Sad, because I was secretly hoping to get to go back to eating more, but awesome because the scale is moving in the right direction! I am getting used to the lower calorie number now though, it actually hasn't been too bad of a switch.

I am SO close to being out of the "obese class 1" BMI range, I can taste it! I'm at 30.36.. I am just 2 pounds away from "overweight." Which is cool! My starting BMI was 38.41, which is "obese class 2." There is just something about the word obese that I hate. I am ready to get rid of it!

I've also been keeping up with my pushup and situp challenges, so that's great too! I can't wait to have some toned arms (and abs, eventually, if my stomach fat ever leaves me for some new home)!

Have a great day everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-monday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:01791997-4a63-4f88-9bfa-5fb4c05dfc72Post:332febc9-8101-4c88-972e-ef3f0a0bfd81">Re: Workout Accountability: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all! I'm in a good mood today. The scale FINALLY moved. I've been waiting 3 full weeks! (which I know is not actually that bad). But I think dropping my calories did it. Sad, because I was secretly hoping to get to go back to eating more, but awesome because the scale is moving in the right direction! I am getting used to the lower calorie number now though, it actually hasn't been too bad of a switch. I am SO close to being out of the "obese class 1" BMI range, I can taste it! I'm at 30.36.. I am just 2 pounds away from "overweight." Which is cool! My starting BMI was 38.41, which is "obese class 2." There is just something about the word obese that I hate. I am ready to get rid of it! I've also been keeping up with my pushup and situp challenges, so that's great too! I can't wait to have some toned arms (and abs, eventually, if my stomach fat ever leaves me for some new home)! Have a great day everyone!
    Posted by Sarah5200[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Sarah! Congrats on the nudge! I think I might have to decrease my calories again to get the scale moving once again. And congrats on the BMI improvement - I'm at 33 right now and I feel like it hasn't moved at all in over a month. It'd be nice to be in the 20's within the next 6 months.

</div>
  • Congrats Sarah, that's awesome news!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lbarr088. Thanks for the encouragement. I know it will pass. I think the weather changing, plus not feeling the best got to me. Time to change it up!

Congrats Sarah! It feels good to make it through the plateaus and onto new things!
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good afternoon ladies!

I had a not fantastic weekend in terms of nutrition and activity, but not the worst either.  I feel pretty ok about it since I had such a good week or so, a little indulgence probably wasn't the worst thing in the world.  Plus it was my sister's birthday, so some family celebrating was in order.

My diet was definitely heavier than usual, because I was at my parents' house and my mom is a meat and potatoes kind of cook.  So not too many fruits or veggies to be found.  I did get some running in and walked around a festival, so at least I moved a bit.  But today is back to the routine after some much needed "slips" this weekend. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards