Getting in Shape

Trying to tone up for wedding..

But I am having a hard time getting motivated enough to work out. any sugestions?

Re: Trying to tone up for wedding..

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_trying-to-tone-up-for-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:026ee770-7652-4b60-b723-e2759a894aecPost:cbce241d-68d5-4fd0-8784-92e3b1fc31b3">Re: Trying to tone up for wedding..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I mean, in the end, none of us can motivate you - it has to come from you.  But I will say that buying my wedding dress, and looking at pictures of myself in it, is what finally got me motivated.  I didn't like the way I looked in a very pretty, very expensive dress, so I changed it. 
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I looked at pics of myself in my dress when I decided on "the one" and thought is this really how I want to look? Is this what I want to look like in our pictures? No. Way. So I made some changes. Even though I started out doing this for the wedding it has definitely become a total lifestyle change. Like K said, no one can motivate you but you. No one wants this, but you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • do you have your wedding dres yet? if yes. look at it and tell yourself 
    "I am not gonna be a flabby bride" 
    LOL, that's what I've been doing. Also, don't negotiate with yourself and stick to a schedule. Mine is running on Mo, Wed, Fr. I allow myself to skip Fridays but then will go on Saturday instead. If I feel extra motivated I will exercise on th erunning days off. Good luck. 
    "I WILL NOT BE A FLABBY BRIDE"
    "I WILL NOT BE A FLABBY BRIDE"
    'I WILL NOT BE A FLABBY BRIDE" 

feeling motivated now? I do.Cool

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_trying-to-tone-up-for-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:026ee770-7652-4b60-b723-e2759a894aecPost:c2e0cc40-27e8-428f-8212-b3bdf443c495">Re: Trying to tone up for wedding..</a>:
    [QUOTE] "I WILL NOT BE A FLABBY BRIDE" "I WILL NOT BE A FLABBY BRIDE" 'I WILL NOT BE A FLABBY BRIDE"  feeling motivated now? I do.
    Posted by burgfraulein[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>that is awesome.

</div>
  • No one can motivate you. But what motivated me, was looking at pics of myslelf in my friends wedding a few months back. I decided I did not want to have regrets for my photos on our wedding day. Everytime I stared a cheeseburger or donut in the face, I imagined how I want to look on the wedding and that it would not happen if I ate it. Once you get going it amps you up, you lose a little you get more amped and it snowballs (in a good way!) I am 5 weeks out from my wedding, lost 15 of the 20 lbs in 6 weeks that I  wanted to lose and I know I am on my way to losing the last 5 since its only a lb a week. Just know every decision you make either gets you closer or further from your goal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also do you have someone you can workout with....or that will check in with you everyday to make sure you are doing your workout?  Sometimes a buddy is just the motivation you need!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_trying-to-tone-up-for-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:026ee770-7652-4b60-b723-e2759a894aecPost:7a9b39e0-8c05-4dfa-a66c-888ac7164c3b">Trying to tone up for wedding..</a>:
    [QUOTE]But I am having a hard time getting motivated enough to work out. any sugestions?
    Posted by summeryork[/QUOTE]

I hear you! I have a tough time as well- on top of it I work 49 hrs and trying to plan a destination wedding in two seperate locations.  But I ran into this group of girls that do BeachBody.  I can't afford to pay for a gym membership and would like to work out at home because I don't even know what I'm doing.  So this idea working out with Beach Body that is an online workout group support- if you're a heavy facebooker and like the idea of online support groups.  It's amazing the girls are from all over that get together and have met up in Vegas thru beach body events.  I suggest trying it! That's what has motivated me- and I have other people to always msg. or compete with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards