Getting in Shape
Options

day 1

So today was day of of P90X. My FI and I are doing it together. It wasnt easy...   but not as bad as I had expected after reading other peoples reviews and experiences.
89 days to go!  Ha!

Re: day 1

• Options
    Woo Hoo!  Congrats on completing Day 1 :)

I want to start this next month...I'm hoping all goes well.

Do you have the pullup bar, or are you using resistance bands?

I'm debating on if I should do one or the other, or maybe I should get both?  I'm not sure... lol :)

Definitely keep us updated on how it's going! 
  • Options
    don't count down in days, count in weeks - it sounds much smaller :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have done P90X on and off for the past year (more off than on lol) and I really like it when I am getting into it.  I also bought Slim in 6 by Debbie Siebers, which I find is more tailored to working out the parts I want, thighs, butt and waist.  My fiance bought all the P90X stuff, so we have the resistance bands and pull up bar, but I can't do a pull up to save my life.  I use the bands for some of the back exercises by wrapping it around the top of a door at the hinge.  Other than that I use 3lb dumbells for the other arm workouts.  And heads up, Plyometrics is a killer of a workout, and you will get your butt kicked with the dude with one leg lol.
  • Options
    Congrats on Day 1! I am currently at the end of my second phase in the recovery week. I remember week 1- ohh boy was I sore! It's a great feeling & so far I really enjoy the program. I will definitely be going for it again once I'm all done. I really found that having a protein drink (couldn't afford the recovery drink lol) right after working out really helped make me feel tons better.

Also, if you really want to get the best out of the program make sure you stick to the diet or at least eat well.

Good luck & have fun!

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Use a chair for assistance with the pullups - makes it much easier.  I still can't do very many, but I'm working my way up to unassisted.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks all! We have now completed 3 days and Im still feeling good!
    I can not yet do a pull up so for now I am just sticking to the resistance bands for this and they are working just fine! I am slightly sore... but not unbearable! Plyometrics was the most difficult so far, especially since I have past knee problems, and of course I wasnt wearing my brace(wont forget that next time!)
    We also have been using protein drinks after our workouts, mixing in fruit makes it pretty good!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards