Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Friday!

Happy Friday!

Last night I increased my lifting weight and I am feeling it today.  I did the elliptical too and spent extra time stretching and doing ab exercises after, since I spaced and forgot to do this the previous day.  

I'm running about 4 miles after work tonight. 

Fun stuff this weekend?  FI and I are having a date day on Sunday.  We're going out for milkshakes and seeing the Hunger Games and 21 Jump Street. 
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Friday!

• SOunds fun Jude! I wasn't able to go to the gym yesterday :( cause I volunteered at Reading Night at school but I walked for 45 minutes. At least I moved around! And I lost 2 lbs this week yay! Have to change my ticker!

FUn stuff! I absolutely positvely am super excited we r going to scout out our location SUnday for our future engagement pics on April 6 and take practice pics. I am becoming obsessed w getting perfect engagement pics :/

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Congrats on the weight loss and have a great time this weekend april!

And way to go Jude!  FI and I saw 21 Jump Street last weekend and had some good laughs-hope you enjoy your date night!

I did weights this morning, though it took me everything I had and more to push myself out of bed.  I'm going to try to run tomorrow before we go meet with our calligrapher.  Sadly, now that I've tried to take up running once again (first it was the knee surgery, then severe acid reflux), my heel is now starting to kill me when simply walking around, so there may be an ortho appointment in the cards for me this weekend, too.

Anniversary
  • Yay Friday!  I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 35 minutes of weights yesterday.  I measured earlier this week and it's going in the right direction!  Yay! 

We may go to 21 Jump Street as well.  I have to meet with a florist tonight.  And I'm excited FI has the whole weekend off!!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • edited March 2012
    Nice work all!

I'm SO glad it is Friday!  Yesterday I had intentions of working out but FI and I were both so tired I decided on a rest day.  Plus I want to rest for Sunday.  Tonight I'm planning on doing a short 3 mile sprints interval coupled with the Ab challenge.  Saturday I might run a relaxed few miles just to loosen up, then Sunday is race day!

ETA: I just remembered we brought the dog for a walk last night so I did something!  I also walked a lot of stairs at work.  
  • Jude, let us know how The Hunger Games is!  I read the series last week while I was away and I am interested in seeing the movie.  My fiance, not so much.  

Last night we went on a 3-mile walk together, and this morning I lifted back & hamstrings and took a spin class.  We started a new lifting program this week and every muscle group in my body HURTS!!!  As I was walking into work today I thought to myself, "boy, I feel STRONG today!"  It is a good feeling : )  
  • PLarson2PLarson2 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Great job everyone! Last night I had to take a little break form working out, seems my long workout the night before took its toll...an old basketball injury is acting up. Boo. I did some light weight lifting so it was not a total break day.

My fiance pointed out that I have actually gained muscle in my arms. I have always been muscle-free, so that was fun. This weekend we will be going to Wisconsin, and one of our activites is bow shooting. I have my bow set to pull back 38 pounds, but because of my recent muscle growth, Ryan will be upping the weight to 42 (which makes a HUGE difference trying to pull back!) I am excited to be see if its a struggle for me to pull back!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, the weather here has been crummy but I will be enjoying some fun adventures in Wisconsin anyways! My goal is to keep active ALL weekend, instead of taking it easy like I usually do.

I have noticed that my body doesnt get "sore" as much anymore, but rather "tight". Makes me have the same thought as reggiesmommy: "boy I feel STRONG today!"

Have a great Friday everyone!!!
  • edited March 2012
    Got to the gym last night, did lots of crunches and then 30 minutes on the elliptical and another 25 minutes of weights.

Got on the scale this morning and lost another 2.2 lbs - finally at 20 lbs total loss! I'm so happy :) I am starting to feel accomplished.
  • Good morning, we made it to Friday! Great work this week!

I will be needing movies reviews of HG and 21 Jump Street. I heard they were both great!

Yesterday I was feeling sick, so I tried some yoga. It didn't go too well.

Tonight FI and I are going out to dinner, so I'll save D3, W6 of C25K for tomorrow. It says I have to run for 25 minutes straight. Gahh. I am a little nervous.

Here's a fun story for you all today:

I'm standing at my classroom door, greeting my students as they come in. One girl asks if she can discuss a "feminine issue" with me. I figure she needs to go to the nurse for a tampon or something.

She asks, "Do you still get your period?"

I didn't even know how to respond to that.

She continues, "I'm asking because I was wondering if you still now how it works."

Still, I have nothing.

She goes on, "I am two days late and I'm wondering if it's because February was a short month and it's thrown me off and I am really stressed."

I manage to say, "Maybe you should talk to your mom or the nurse."

"Oh, but I've never had sex," she tells me.

I told her she'll be fine and wrote her a pass to the nurse.

I fully expect to get an email this weekend from her: "Guess what! I got my period!"

Enjoy the day! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • OMG lizzie, I love student stories. 
    Here's a fun one for you - My mom is a teacher and confronted her eighth grade student the other day about why he was acting so rambunctious.  He told her that it was just that he had a lot of energy that day, but he's a student she's known for a while, so she knew better.  She asked him again and he looked at her with these big eyes and said "Well Ms. C.  It's just, it's just, their shorts are SO short!"
    Ohhhh, eighth grade boys.

On another note, congrats on the weight loss entropic!

Oh, and on another note, I just got paid and by 9:30 am EST received an email from Bloomingdales reminding me of the friends and family sale.  <--PROBLEMS.
    Anniversary
  • No worries all, movie reviews shall be provided Monday.  I'm a little too excited for Hunger Games; I've been listening to the soundtrack all week.

Entropic and April, congrats on the weight loss!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I walked briskly on the treadmill for 30 minutes last night!  GO ME!  That was Day 1 for me :)
  • Good work on weight loss gals! I didn't lose anythign this week-boooo!

I am so hungry today, I just want to eat and eat! I am also going out to diner tonight so I am trying NOT to eat! I'm going to have to run a long time so I can fit all the calories in!

Have a great weekend all!!
  • The Hunger Games was so good! I haven't read the books, nor did I know anything about it - I just thought the trailer looked good. Now I am more than ready for the copies to come back to the library so I can read it! My FH and I are going to see 21 Jump Street tonight as an anniversary treat. Can't wait!

Last night was a crazy core routine, paired with arms Wednesday and back/legs Monday, I'm spent! So today consisted of drudging up and down the stairs doing multiple loads of laundry, as well as cleaning the house. Animals shedding their winter coats sure to account for a lot of housework! That counts as exercise, right? Wink
  • I'll probably jinx myself posting here.. every time I do I end up getting super sick or busy and stop working out for a while, haha. But there is a gym at my new job so I have no excuse now! :-)

I'm just kinda starting out (again...) so it's not much. But hey, something's better than nothing right?

I did 25 min on the treadmill at a 1% incline and about 2.7mph. Then I did 20 reps on a few of the stack machines. I should write things down so I remember specifics lol.

Hopefully I'll do some more tomorrow when I get done at work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Well I finally did something - Went on a fast paced 20 min walk with a co-worker during one of our breaks today.  It felt so good to get out!
  • Congrats on the weight loss Entropic!! That's awesome!

Today is a rest day for me. Tomorrow I'll spin and train with the trainer. I'm so tired right now and just got home from a long day of driving... I just want to curl up in my sweats, eat a bowl of cereal and go to sleep.

This weekend is all wedding related stuff. With three weeks to go, I will be working with my aunt to start on all the DIY stuff we've got planned. FH and I are also meeting with photographer and coordinator to review our ceremony and reception site. It's crunch time!
    imageimage

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards