Getting in Shape

Serious Prayers Needed Please

Please pray for my friend Allison’s baby Kameron.  She was born last night at 10:04PM weighing in at 7 pounds and 19” in length.  While I was there everything seemed fine.  Kameron was being passed around to all of us and as Sarah (in the attached picture) was holding Kameron she noticed that the baby was gasping for air, and she turned blue in front of us while waiting for the nurse.  The nurse came in and Kameron was full of thick mucus.  The nurses worked on her for about 20 minutes to relieve her of the mucus and then gave her a bath to make her cry to dislodge more mucus which helped.   Allison began feeding around midnight and I left.  Turns out the mucus returned and the nurses took Kameron to the nursery to try to relieve more of the mucus and they were going to bring her back to feed her again.  They never brought her back. She is now in NCIU waiting to be transported to Scottish Rite.  They believe her esophagus is not long enough and will require immediate surgery and several weeks in the hospital.  Please pray for Allison, Kameron and their family.

Re: Serious Prayers Needed Please

• Oh my gosh.  That is terrible to hear.  This brings tears to my eyes just thinking about what they must be going through.I'll definitely pray for them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh my god, I am so sorry.  I wish you and your friend all the luck in the world.  That is so scary, that poor family. Definitely keep us updated.
  • you've got mine. just keep your spirits high, drs can do wonders, ive seen it many times, even with a little baby born at 23 weeks with lots of medical problems. shes now almost 1 yr old and doing great.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • My prayers and thoughts are with Baby Kameron, Allison, and her family!  I will light a prayer candle for Baby Kameron.  Please keep us posted!
  • I'm sorry , tiny. please let us know how this develops. were here if you need us.
  • Oh, I am so sorry. That must be so scary. I will pray for her and her family.
  • My prayers are with your friend and her family -I'm sure she must be scared out of her mind and I'm glad she has the support of good friends like yourself around her at this time.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Thanks so much ladies!  I have been an emotional basketcase all morning.  she is one of my best friends and we have been through a lot together with this pregnancy.  I am just so worried right now.
  • That is so scary.  I said a prayer for them.  Keep us posted please.
  • I'm so sorry to hear this, but like graceful said doctors can do a lot, so let's hope for the best. You're in my thoughts!
  • I will keep them in my prayers. Keep us updated please.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards