Getting in Shape
Options

New food poll

I think this whole good nutrition and weight loss journey really pushes us to try new things and step outside of our comfort zone... What is a new food you have recently introduced yourself to, that you really enjoy? What is a new food you want to make the effort to try?

Re: New food poll

• Options
    I know it probably sounds kind of weird, but there are a lot of fruits and vegetables that I'm introducing to myself!  I used to absolutely hate fruit except for apples and grapes - I have more of a salty tooth than a sweet tooth.  Raspberries and blueberries are my new additions to the fruit family.  Yellow peppers and peas have joined my veggie family as well.I'd like to try almond butter, just because I love peanut butter SO much and I have to imagine it would be good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Almond butter is phenomenal! I love it. I really want to start trying new vegetables. I have never really had eggplant so I want to buy that once its in season here. I think i might try to find something "new" ive never bought at the market tomorrow.
  • Options
    Tomatoes.  I always said I hated them but I don't really remember ever trying them before.  I love them now I put them on everything.  Fresh herbs is another one.  I never realized how much flavor you can use without adding salt. Onions.  I don't know why but I get so grossed out by them if I see them in my food.  I'm going to try and just ignore them if I see them because I know I like onion flavor.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Angelandlibby - do you like green onions? I sometimes use those for an onion like flavour but its not as sharp. You might also want to try different TYPES of onions (red, yellow, white, shallots, etc).
  • Options
    What do you ladies put almond butter on?  I usually have english muffin w/ peanut butter for breakfast....just replace it?
  • Options
    It's not that I hate onions I can't see them in a dish then eat them.  I know it is strange. 
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I always eat mine on an english muffin for breakfast (almond butter). Id be willing to try it in a protein shake but my fat intake for the day would be through the roof if I ate that more than once a day.
  • Options
    hot tea without sugar, or coffee with less creamer.  It was hard to get used to the tea but I LOVE it now and can't imagine adding anything.  I'd really like to try other milk substitutes than soy, I've read up on almond milk and cashew milk, they sound interesting.  I'm pretty adventurous, haven't had trouble trying new things... 
  • Options
    I have been eating a lot of jicama and bamboo shoots lol. I thought jicama would be weird but it's delicious! It has a texture like water chestnuts and takes on whatever flavor you put with it. I love making homemade curry with bamboo shoots, red pepper, sugar snap peas, onion, and jicama. Another one is rice. I always hated the texture of rice but I've started experimenting with a lot of different rices after being diagnosed with celiac and turns out I like them, especially jasmine rice. Mmmm.
  • Options
    I am worlds "selective" eater! I hate when FI calls me picky so I say selective! I introduced myself to hummus and I love it! Also I am learning to chug muscle milk light for protien since I don't eat much protien in my diet! I am looking forward to trying a lot of new things, I usually don't eat it if it doesn't look or smell good but I am getting over that quickly!
  • Options
    I am loving greek yogurt and I recently made spaghetti squash and it was awesome. I'd like to try quinoa or bulgar. I try to stay away from pasta and rice for the most part b/c my weight is really sensitive to heavy carbs, but I hear these are really good for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Rutabagas and turnips are foods I had never really eaten before which now I really like to cook.  Also, while edamame isn't new (I used to order it at restaurants) I have recently discovered the frozen bags of it and I am LOVING it for lunches... I want to try quinona too (hoping FI might like it) and almond butter, and I would like to learn how to cook some veggies differently...
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    quinoa is soooo good! I love to make it with roasted cauliflower. My FI eats it and he's pretty picky. Also look for quinoa flakes, there are recipes out there for quinoa flake pancakes and hot breakfast cereals. It's a good way to incorporate whole grains into comfort foods if you need it :)
  • Options
    I've been using soy milk lately and   am loving it!
  • Options
    Radishes! I never used to like them but now I am in love. I'll slice up a few and spread some laughing cow cheese on them- they're crunchy and spicy and so yummy!I have always hated sweet potatoes, and I wish I didn't -they're so good for you. I'm getting used to sweet potato fries, but obviously that kind of balances out the health benefits!Quinoa is awesome- use it like you would cous cous.
  • Options
    my recent discoveries were peaches and pears.  i love fruit, but always thought i didn't like these two - apparently, my tastes have changed.  i also learned to like peppers and tomatoes.  and i now really like brown rice (FI won't touch it, though, so that makes it more difficult).i want to try radishes, quinoa, and steel cut oatmeal.  just haven't been adventurous enough yet :)
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Chicagochocolate - that radish snack sounds very tasty. I cant honestly say ive ever eaten a radish so I might look into trying that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards