Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Anyone getting married at Piazza In Colleyville?

Hey ladies,

Just wondering if anyone is getting married at Piazza in Colleyville?
I have not toured the place yet but my fiance and I really love the look of the place online. We like the feel of a church/Chappel but don't want to deal with everything involved in getting married in a church. When we saw the decore at Piazza we fell in love.

I have an appointment to tour the place on thursday, but I wanted to get others feedback and their advice on the place if anyone has had experience with them.

We want the good, The bad, The Ugly! So spill the beans ladies
Cool
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone getting married at Piazza In Colleyville?

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someone on here is getting married there but I don't think it's until next year. 

I have been to two banquets there and they have been very nice and the food has been very good.  A friend of mine knows the people who own it and they built it for their daughter.  Nice gift huh?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    meghanttu08 is getting married there next August. It does look very pretty online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Lacy1603 is getting married there next month. 

We have info on it in our venue thread. 
    http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dallas-ft-worth-venue-list

Just FYI--it's on up there budgetwise.  It's beautiful.  Six Fourteen has shot some weddings there recently and have them on their blog.
    http://www.sixfourteenphotography.com/

• Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The venue is gorgeous and pretty expensive :/

I think lacey is getting married there...I may be mistaken
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's a link to some pics taken there that I found when I googled it to see what it looked like. They are really cute- http://www.stacyreeves.com/tag/piazza-in-the-village/
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there!! My fiance and i LOVE IT!!!!!! If you have any questions-shoot me a PM! :) I started getting teary eyed when I toured it the first  time...now everytime I'm around the area I want to drive by it (I know big dork!)
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty nice venue!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_anyone-getting-married-piazza-colleyville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1deb13c1-8ed9-4d4f-b08c-13ad14d27beePost:5e8b2ea4-5c55-41d3-949b-e600328eb0e0">Re: Anyone getting married at Piazza In Colleyville?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married there!! My fiance and i LOVE IT!!!!!! If you have any questions-shoot me a PM! :) I started getting teary eyed when I toured it the first  time...now everytime I'm around the area I want to drive by it (I know big dork!)
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]

Hey girly,

Congrats, the place looks amazing! What package are you going with?
    Is the $10k Food and beverage minium a must for all packages?
    What is your wedding budget  going to be? I was thinking I wanted to keep my wedding between 5-10 grand.

I tried to send a PM but im not sure how.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in 2 1/2 weeks!!  I don't think you'll be able to keep your wedding between 5-10 grand. You'll spend that much on just food and beverage and taxes.  We are getting married on a Sunday so the f&b minimum was $7000 when we booked a little over a year ago.  let me know if you have any questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_anyone-getting-married-piazza-colleyville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1deb13c1-8ed9-4d4f-b08c-13ad14d27beePost:b8e2fd03-d434-4a00-b3ed-7254dda754c0">Re: Anyone getting married at Piazza In Colleyville?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone getting married at Piazza In Colleyville? : Hey girly, Congrats, the place looks amazing! What package are you going with? Is the $10k Food and beverage minium a must for all packages? What is your wedding budget  going to be? I was thinking I wanted to keep my wedding between 5-10 grand. I tried to send a PM but im not sure how.
    Posted by Testerman1[/QUOTE]

It's ok I dont know how to either. Like what Lacy said...I don't think you can do it between 5-10k. If you are planning on a Friday-Sunday it will be cheaper...even with a Saturday day wedding it's cheaper. Def. take those into consideration.

I am a preimere (only 2 packages preimere and bella). I get a lot though...different color table linens, staging which I was wanting too, all lighting-not just one or two different lights but any lights we want (even in courtyard). Food tasting is another thing I want. We get rose pickup which I like cus I'm having fake rose petals on the sides of the isle in chapel. Whatever we want to say on the chapel floor when we walk in. We get the glass infront of the waterfall that has our names and our date of wedding when people are having cocktail hour. We get the photobooth-which I'm excited about!! We get a nice ice sculpture too. There is more stuf but I can't think of what it is now. At first, I was shocked about the 15k food/beverage min. but once we started playing with numbers and adding in the bar it adds up. So for us, it's compareable to other places we looked at. Plus, we are doing a buffet too which I think is a little more expensive then plated.  It depends how many people you are wanting at your wedding. If you are looking for a small wedding-def. don't do Sat night-maybe the day or even a Sunday. Much cheaper :) (I think Friday's are the least expensive but I could be wrong).

We did an opsie and never really had a budget. Since we are paying for everything else ourseleves, we have things we would want to splurge on more so. I want a place with good food. I went to the open house the Piazza had and sampled food there, YUMMY!!!

Def. take a tour of it and get the prices of everything. Robin will prob. be the one to tour it with you and she's super sweet!!!

Hope I answered any questions you had :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks like Piazza is really pretty comparable to other nice venues really--that's not over the top expensive or anything relatively speaking, especially for all that is included.  Like you said, it sounds expensive initially, but so much is taken care of for you.  Plus it's beautiful and has the ceremony space included.  Good info. to know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yea thats what I was thinking, Seems the prices are the same everywhere if your going to have dinner and a fun reception.

I think I will adjust my budget to fit accordingly.

What are some other kewl places to get married at?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Merissa, I think it's really subjective.  But there are lots of great venues in Dallas and Ft. Worth.  You can try the link I posted above for some ideas.  But your budget and guest list are big factors, as well as your own personal style.  Piazza is a great choice if you both love it.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I like our venue because it has the same chapel feel I got at the Piazza but I was not having to stretch my budget so thin.  They allow outside caterers but we ended up using the one the recommend just because of her prices.  I also like that we have a seperate area for eating and dancing.  We are even having our first dance outside in a gazeboo.  I LOVED the Piazza but I LOVE our venue even more now!

http://www.whitechapelestate.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Piazza is absolutely gorgeous but it is definitely costly. If you are in a peak month it is $18K for food and beverage minimum for Saturday, which I am for an October wedding. $15K minimum for food and beverage on a Saturday for other months. The premier package is $7500 on top of that. We looked at doing a Sunday wedding because the F&B minimum is only $7000 but you can't really keep it that low unless you are having a small wedding. We are looking at around 175 people. The food prices aren't too bad but the bar prices are the highest I have seen compared to other venues, $36 per person. Once you add everything up including the 21% service fee and taxes you are in $20K+ just for your venue. Again, my mom and I LOVED this place but when you are working on a budget it's a little hard. Once we started looking elsewhere we found other places that we liked that would save us more money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_anyone-getting-married-piazza-colleyville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1deb13c1-8ed9-4d4f-b08c-13ad14d27beePost:7cecd672-5fb0-421d-9bc3-6d315edf1eec">Re: Anyone getting married at Piazza In Colleyville?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Piazza is absolutely gorgeous but it is definitely costly. If you are in a peak month it is $18K for food and beverage minimum for Saturday, which I am for an October wedding. $15K minimum for food and beverage on a Saturday for other months. The premier package is $7500 on top of that. We looked at doing a Sunday wedding because the F&B minimum is only $7000 but you can't really keep it that low unless you are having a small wedding. We are looking at around 175 people. The food prices aren't too bad but the bar prices are the highest I have seen compared to other venues, $36 per person. Once you add everything up including the 21% service fee and taxes you are in $20K+ just for your venue. Again, my mom and I LOVED this place but when you are working on a budget it's a little hard. Once we started looking elsewhere we found other places that we liked that would save us more money.
    Posted by mb120885[/QUOTE]

Where did you end up choosing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Moody0715Moody0715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in May!  I absolutely love this venue and I knew I wanted to get married there before I was even engaged.  It was the first place we went to tour, and like other people posted, it is pretty $$$.  So, we cut it off the list and I was devestated.  However, we looked and looked and looked for another venue, but I couldnt find anything else that was comparable.  We went with a Friday to make the F&B minimum cheaper ($10k).  If you want a Saturday, go with an off peak month (they consider peak to be May-October I believe?)  Saturday's during these months are $18k...which personally I think is CRAZY.  They DO nickel and dime you for everything.  You have to pay extra for petal pickup, lighting, etc.  BUT....it is a gorgeous venue and I just couldnt see myself getting married anywhere else.  So we are now being tight on budget with everything else, but I think its worth it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_anyone-getting-married-piazza-colleyville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1deb13c1-8ed9-4d4f-b08c-13ad14d27beePost:f46de6f9-f7f1-4489-a1e8-7a112061b385">Re: Anyone getting married at Piazza In Colleyville?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone getting married at Piazza In Colleyville? : Where did you end up choosing?

We haven't chosen our venue yet. We just got engaged July 30th so we are still looking at places. We have looked at City Place, Dallas Athletic Club and are looking at Ashton Depot this weekend. We have heard great reviews about City Place and the view from the 42nd floor of downtown Dallas is amazing. Haven't read many reviews about Ashton Depot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED the Ashton Depot and so did FI. It is just so... us. It was booked for our day though and we had already moved back our date for the chapel we wanted ):
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, $18K for peak months, PLUS the $7500--that  definitely puts a different spin on things.

MB, we had a Knottie (amberpro) have her reception at City Place a couple of months ago (she got married in a church).  It looked great and she gave it a great review and said it was very affordable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's interesting. They must have changed it because our F&B min is cheaper than 18k and we're getting married next Aug
  • Options
    chantico23chantico23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there too!  In October.  You will definitely NOT be able to keep your wedding to less than $10K.  I am getting married on a Thursday night, when they have a discount on the chapel and the F&B minimum is only $5K.  I'm only planning on 80 guests attending, am doing most things very budget friendly so I could afford the venue, and my wedding will still cost over $20K. 

In addition to the chapel & reception hall cost and food and beverage minimum, you are also charged for every little thing extra.  I mean, there is a lot already included in the package (like a video of your ceremony & webcasting) but add anything outside of the package and it will cost you.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We signed our paperwork last Thursday!!! I got teary-eyed when touring it as well... You get a "feeling" there that you don't get anywhere else! I love it!
  • Options
    ADE10ADE10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aristide Event & Conference Center in Mansfield is really pretty! It just opened up in February. They have 2 websites:  www.aristideeventcenter.com  & www.aristideevents.com .
    It's reasonably priced and Friday morning/afternoon is less than $1000.  They do have a preferred vendor list.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_anyone-getting-married-piazza-colleyville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1deb13c1-8ed9-4d4f-b08c-13ad14d27beePost:e6f4850f-e938-430d-a1d4-281ca0ce138d">Anyone getting married at Piazza In Colleyville?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies, Just wondering if anyone is getting married at Piazza in Colleyville? I have not toured the place yet but my fiance and I really love the look of the place online. We like the feel of a church/Chappel but don't want to deal with everything involved in getting married in a church. When we saw the decore at Piazza we fell in love. I have an appointment to tour the place on thursday, but I wanted to get others feedback and their advice on the place if anyone has had experience with them. We want the good, The bad, The Ugly! So spill the beans ladies

<div>
    </div><div><blockquote style="color:#000000;font-family:Helvetica;line-height:normal;font-size:medium;"><blockquote><blockquote>Hey Brides-
    </blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote style="color:#000000;font-family:Helvetica;line-height:normal;font-size:medium;"><blockquote><blockquote>
    </blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote style="color:#000000;font-family:Helvetica;line-height:normal;font-size:medium;"><blockquote><blockquote>Congratulations on your engagement! I am posting on Piazza's behalf to give you all some great information.
    </blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote style="color:#000000;font-family:Helvetica;line-height:normal;font-size:medium;"><blockquote><blockquote>First, there are many rental packages to choose from and they start at $7000 for rental of the  Chapel and Ballroom including food and beverage.  Rental fees and our food and beverage pricing will change based on choice of ballroom and date.   We also run some amazing specials depending on the month you are interested in.. Inquiring through our website or with a quick phone call will guarantee that you get the most accurate information : )
    </blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote style="color:#000000;font-family:Helvetica;line-height:normal;font-size:medium;"><blockquote><blockquote>
    </blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote style="color:#000000;font-family:Helvetica;line-height:normal;font-size:medium;"><blockquote><blockquote>We are currently running specials in June/July 2013 as well as January/February 2014. We look forward to hearing from you and showing you exactly what the Piazza in the Village has to offer!
    </blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote style="color:#000000;font-family:Helvetica;line-height:normal;font-size:medium;"><blockquote><blockquote>Thanks ya'll!</blockquote></blockquote></blockquote></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards