Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

FFF Friday

Flame FI leaving for a month. :(
Back to Skype...

Please someone else have a better Friday???

Re: FFF Friday

• edited January 2012
    Sorry to hear that. My FI travels alot so I feel your pain.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I flame The Cake Guys.  Went on to look into ordering my mom a birthday cake and lo and behold, they are no longer "unavailable" on our wedding week. 

I am SO friggin' glad it's Friday! Anyone have big plans for the weekend?

cwaggoner -- sorry about your FI. :(  FI and I never tried Skype while he was in Lubbock and I was in Dallas.  It's awesome that you can still "see" each other even when you are so far away!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have nothing to flame... yet

I have been up since earlier than normal cause FI just HAD to talk to me while he was getting ready for school. I guess that's a good thing cause I got a real breakfast in, instead of just grabbing string cheese on my way out.

Next week will be my last FFF I participate in before I am an OMH. The following Friday I'll be too busy running around to make sure everything is on it's way to the hotel. EEEE!

~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:19774a3d-a3a2-434f-98a5-0e1674ca5ba5">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame The Cake Guys.  Went on to look into ordering my mom a birthday cake and lo and behold, they are no longer "unavailable" on our wedding week.  I am SO friggin' glad it's Friday! Anyone have big plans for the weekend? cwaggoner -- sorry about your FI. :(  FI and I never tried Skype while he was in Lubbock and I was in Dallas. <strong> It's awesome that you can still "see" each other even when you are so far away!</strong>
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

We always talk about how lucky we are, because 15 years ago it would have been difficult just to email each other, and now we have this great technology. On Sundays we have 'Lazy Sundays' where we skype for 2-4 hours and just lay around, flip through magazines, fold laundry, cook lunch, and just take each other everywhere. It's not 100% focused attention, but that's what's great about it. It's literally just like hanging out.
  • Yay Wendi! I flame being old and not being able to handle some beers like I used to! I'm OOT for work and headed from here to Nashville for the weekend to visit one of my best friends. She's pregnant, has a little one under two, and her husband's been OOT this week, and will be this weekend. Now she's sick, so hopefully I can be her break for the weekend. She wanted me to help decorate the new nursery, so hopefully we still get to do that!
  • Wendi, EEEEEEEE!

Carrie, I also feel your pain.  I hope your day/weekend gets better.

I flame my kids' test grades.  They are B-A-D.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:f41671c2-13bc-42c5-928e-afb83dacbf81">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have nothing to flame... yet I have been up since earlier than normal cause FI just HAD to talk to me while he was getting ready for school. I guess that's a good thing cause I got a real breakfast in, instead of just grabbing string cheese on my way out. Next week will be my last FFF I participate in before I am an OMH. The following Friday I'll be too busy running around to make sure everything is on it's way to the hotel. EEEE!
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

I flame people who won't let me wear navy to their wedding. 

Are you kidding me?  The wedding is two weeks away?????? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:aba06673-9443-4fef-a939-af4f3ad930cc">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Friday : I flame people who won't let me wear navy to their wedding.  Are you kidding me?  The wedding is two weeks away?????? 
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

The only reason you should not be able to wear navy to a wedding is if the bride plans on wearing a navy wedding dress.
  • Wendi - I can't believe your wedding is so close!
  • I flame FI for getting butthurt when he asked if I was frusterated that he didn't put the dishes up and I answered yes. 
    If you don't want to know don't ask. 

I also flame the fact that one of my vendors just tried to tow the "Your fax machine doesn't work". 
    So..everyone elses faxes come through just fine except yours? Likely.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:d25119c1-adb7-441b-81da-c15089b8a9bb">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame FI for getting butthurt when he asked if I was frusterated that he didn't put the dishes up and I answered yes.  If you don't want to know don't ask. <strong> I also flame the fact that one of my vendors just tried to tow the "Your fax machine doesn't work".  So..everyone elses faxes come through just fine except yours? Likely.</strong>
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>This times a billion. We have at least one customer EVERY day call and ask about a PO that they "faxed in over a month ago". Why didn't you call to confirm it then? Because, SURPRISE, we never received it! These are usually the same customers who try to use our phone line as a fax line to send things... sometimes I wonder how people have jobs.</div><div>
    </div><div>This morning I flame the fact that I was so busy rushing around packing this morning that I forgot my makeup bag... now I have to detour back 20 minutes after work to get it, or buy new eyeliner and mascara... I think new makeup might win.</div><div>
    </div><div>Wendi- AHHHH 2 weeks! I can't even imagine how ready you are for it to be here! :)</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:f41671c2-13bc-42c5-928e-afb83dacbf81">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have nothing to flame... yet I have been up since earlier than normal cause FI just HAD to talk to me while he was getting ready for school. I guess that's a good thing cause I got a real breakfast in, instead of just grabbing string cheese on my way out. <strong>Next week will be my last FFF I participate in before I am an OMH. The following Friday I'll be too busy running around to make sure everything is on it's way to the hotel. EEEE!
    </strong>Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

SO close to being a Mrs! So exciting! :-)

I've got no flames, I actually have date night with FI so I'm pretty excited about today!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:72767ab3-c5f7-4e6a-bd71-99f4d11e6661">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Friday : The only reason you should not be able to wear navy to a wedding is if the bride plans on wearing a navy wedding dress.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

It's a joke. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:72767ab3-c5f7-4e6a-bd71-99f4d11e6661">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Friday : The only reason you should not be able to wear navy to a wedding is if the bride plans on wearing a navy wedding dress.

LOL It's a joke. My Stepmother (who I hate) is insisting on wearing Navy, cause that's my sash color. My mom and FI's mom are both wearing Navy, but I do NOT want this woman dressing anything like them. She broke down and got an ivory dress
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Oh! OHOHOHOH I have one now

My dad just texted me to let me know that Evil Stepmom's sister is bringing 6 total instead of the 4 that her invite included. I don't feel like arguing this morning so I just said "that's fine, I have had enough 'no's"
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:224f8ed2-468e-4467-8c54-bacc5ed07e81">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh! OHOHOHOH I have one now My dad just texted me to let me know that Evil Stepmom's sister is bringing 6 total instead of the 4 that her invite included. I don't feel like arguing this morning so I just said "that's fine, I have had enough 'no's"

I can't wait for your wedding.  4 realz.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:7f3c6d5c-a35b-4c13-a387-808332c28c93">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Friday : I can't wait for your wedding.  4 realz.
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

All of you are going to be front and center for the showdown to end all showdowns
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:2eb3459c-a638-4aca-9692-df427bb82ccf">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Friday : LOL It's a joke. My Stepmother (who I hate) is insisting on wearing Navy, cause that's my sash color. My mom and FI's mom are both wearing Navy, but I do NOT want this woman dressing anything like them. She broke down and got an ivory dress

Sorry the sarcasm was lost on me..... Newbie fail. :)
  • Excited for you Wendi! 

Carrie- I feel for you- you and your FI should invest in these: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/this-could-be-big-abc-news/way-lovers-stay-connected-134003506.html

Amanda- I have a feeling my kids' test grades are going to be terrible in Chemistry. They just had a test over chemical equation nomenclature and changes of state-  I am just too afraid to even look. 

I flame the mud. Every morning and night, letting out my dogs has also included some bath time fun. Carrying two fifty pound dogs to the bathtub- exactly what I want to do before I go to work in the morning. I cannot wait till we plant grass in the backyard (previous owners let the yard to go h-e-double hockey sticks). 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:b0a70a3b-84f1-4a5d-86af-6f6e92cd16f1">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Friday : Sorry the sarcasm was lost on me..... Newbie fail. :)

LOL it's okay, I have been b*tching about this woman for 19 months on here haha
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Also? 
    I flame people who hold no value on other peoples time. 
    My g-ma called yesterday asking if my Mom told me they were having dinner tonight. Well..no, but that's no surprise. I tell her we can't make it after work and then she says "Oh well what time can you go" SO now we have to drive an hour tonight to go eat dinner. 

Then FMIL emails us about going to a party that starts @ 3:30. About 3 hours away. it's on Sunday. WTF? Right, because we have nothing to do ever except sit and wait for you people to call and spring things on us. Gr.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:e785b96d-6fe5-4c19-b444-1c7001c3df25">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also?  I flame people who hold no value on other peoples time.  My g-ma called yesterday asking if my Mom told me they were having dinner tonight. Well..no, but that's no surprise. I tell her we can't make it after work and then she says "Oh well what time can you go" SO now we have to drive an hour tonight to go eat dinner.  Then FMIL emails us about going to a party that starts @ 3:30. About 3 hours away. it's on Sunday. WTF? Right,<strong> because we have nothing to do ever except sit and wait for you people to call and spring things on us</strong>. Gr.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>Glad to hear this! I'll make sure to give you a call when I need last minute help with something, it must be SO nice to NEVER have anything going on ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>That is super frustrating for sure, I hope your weekend involves a little relaxing and down time (in between all the driving :( )</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My aunt just tagged me in her Facebook status, asking that I forward birthday wishes from her to my mom. Seriously, pick up the damn phone.

~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:5e31afad-b65a-4258-b576-142d7e4e8b80">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My aunt just tagged me in her Facebook status, asking that I forward birthday wishes from her to my mom. Seriously, pick up the damn phone.

Hahaha, she can't even go directly to your wall?
    Anniversary

• Also, the test grades were not AS BAD as I thought, but seriously.  When I stand up and tell you "THERE'S A BACK TO THIS" and you skip the back, I have a hard time feeling bad for you.

But I do flame the little stinker who tried to change answers on his already-graded test and then told me I had graded him incorrectly.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:cded4354-167d-471f-8506-a631dde40461">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, the test grades were not AS BAD as I thought, but seriously.  When I stand up and tell you "THERE'S A BACK TO THIS" and you skip the back, I have a hard time feeling bad for you. But I do flame the little stinker who <strong>tried to change answers on his already-graded test</strong> and then told me I had graded him incorrectly.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>Kids these days... I would never have dared to do something like that. I thought all my teachers had eyes in the back of their head and would expel me for even THINKING about doing that.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:3c17d957-dec5-4d20-a9e8-cb7236946d34">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Friday : Kids these days... I would never have dared to do something like that. I thought all my teachers had eyes in the back of their head and would expel me for even THINKING about doing that.
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

I'm having LOTS of cheating issues with this kid, but he's been given a lot of excuses from one of the admins, so I've had a hard time getting through to him.  I emailed the admin, his 504 counselor, and the AP in charge of curriculum and just said, "How many more chances do you want me to give this kid."
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:ce516ee5-22fd-454c-8a23-0791a084c1af">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Friday : I'm having LOTS of cheating issues with this kid, but he's been given a lot of excuses from one of the admins, so I've had a hard time getting through to him.  I emailed the admin, his 504 counselor, and the AP in charge of curriculum and just said, "How many more chances do you want me to give this kid."
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>Is this the kid from the other day who was "trembling in fear" at having to take the test?</div>
  • I flame husband.  He isn't able to get the night off (yet) for Wendi's wedding.  He said "well... take a knottie, because I know you'll have more fun with them".  While, that may be true... cmon husband!  Get the friggin' night off.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1e712c09-085b-4b5d-a75a-03ee7cfea1b4Post:8f1925ab-6d17-4c46-bdd3-6aeb8d41d008">Re: FFF Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame husband.  He isn't able to get the night off (yet) for Wendi's wedding.  He said "well... take a knottie, because I know you'll have more fun with them".  While, that may be true... cmon husband!  Get the friggin' night off.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Boo! You and Angela and Stephie can always be eachother's dates if it comes to that, though.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards