Getting in Shape

Monday Shred Thread

Guess who got up at 6:15 to shred? Thats right it was me and no one was more surprised then FI who swore at me for the early hour and went back to sleep.I'll be morning shreding for a while because I'm on teaching placement, so we'll see how it goes :)How is everyone doing?Question of the day: Is anyone postponing moving up a level on time because they feel they need more time at the lower level?

Re: Monday Shred Thread

• I got it in the morning. I am thinking of just staying at level 1 for 30 days, adding in weights for the next 10 but I know that's the cowards approach.I can do level 1 with some heavy breathing but I CAN do it pretty well now.I feel like if I hit level 2 and struggle i might keep it up.Anyone else feel this way?Thanks BubbleJ!!
  • I'm starting day 1 of the shread today after work.  I watched it yesterday, just to see what it would be like and the moves so I would know what to expect while doing it.  Hopefully I"ll be able to walk tomorrow!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No Shred today.  I started level 2 last night and am pretty sore.  I was definitely ready to move up to level 2, but it was pretty hard.  I will pick up Level 2 Day 2 tomorrow morning, though!
    Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • My first day of Level 2 I had a really hard time getting through it and prob took more breaks than I should have.  After 2-3 days it was doable though. I've been really slacking with the shred, but I'm going to do it tonight and tomorrow morning.
  • I did day 1 of level 2 today. I definitely took more breaks than I wanted to, but I am finding that a lot of the strength moves focus on shoulders and that is a super weak area of my body. Good job on getting up early and shredding! I am doing the same and hope to keep it up once school starts, but I am not sure if I'll be able to. The kids wear me out and my sleep is dear when I need to be at work by 7am! It has been much easier right now when I don't have to be at work until 8.I don't think I'll postpone going up levels, but my goal is to be able to do the "harder" version of the moves when I do a second round of 30DS.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I completed shred before my wedding in June, I did it about every other day with walking 3-4 miles on my off days. It helped me lose about 20 lbs in 3ish months. I definitely helped me tone, I went from a size 10 to a 4/6. My goal is to get back on the work out wagon, I completed the second day of shred level 1 today. Speaking from experience, I felt that I was ready for the next level after 10 days, level 2 I thought was definitely the hardest. Level 3 is tough but some of the moves are pretty fun. Good luck!!
  • Hello! I'm Jennifer, I've been lurking on the board to see what kinds of things ppl are doing to get in shape and I decided to try this video. I was bored of my current ones, and bored of running and walking. I did Day 1, Level 1 and it was harder than I anticipated, but it went by quickly. I hope to combine it with a little cardio, I still walk the dog nightly with for 30 to 40 minutes. I like hearing success stories, yay, encourages me to get my butt in gear. My wedding's in January 2010, btw.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards