Getting in Shape

When to buy new clothes?

I have been losing weight & my work pants are starting to get very very baggy.. I do have them held up by a belt but they are super baggy.. I got a giftcard for my favorite clothing store for my birthday...Trying to decide if I should go get some new clothes or wait a little longer until I lose some more weight.. I am almost to the 20lb mark... I cant decide.. part of me wants to just keep using the belt to hold them up... while part of me wants clothes that fit correctly.. what do you think?
Photobucket

Re: When to buy new clothes?

• Maybe just buy a couple of things and then when you lose your next 20, buy a few more.  That way, you'll have clothes that fit, but you won't be breaking the bank evertime you go down a size. Congrats BTW!!
  • I thnk if you have a gift card and its not going to cost you any money you should go for it. Just buy a few items, and its kinda like a reward for all your hard work. AND seeing yourself in a smaller size will be awesome motivation :)
  • I waited till i lost 25lbs before i bought new work pants. i also had a belt holding my pants up. My original pants were a size 16 and when i went shopping i came home with size 12. It felt awesome. And now the 12 is too big on me! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Go shopping it will make you feel great!
  • I love this concern, what a good feeling to have your clothes be too big. I agree with everyone else, just buy a few items that will make you feel good but I wouldn't invest in any items that are too costly until you reach the ultimate goal. Great Job!!
  • When my mom was losing weight, she would get temp clothes from GoodWill. Perhaps not the most stylish, but if you look around a bit, I'm sure you could find something to your liking. They way I see it, why spend a lot of money on clothes you're only going to wear for a few months(hopefully).But since it's a gift card, perhaps make the splurge.
  • I would buy at least one pair of pants that fit you, so that on days you really want to look nice, you have something to fits.  I also plan on buying a pair of pants that are a little snug in a few weeks to shrink in to.
  • I agree with buying at least one outfit that fits.  Most days I wear sweatpants because I look like I have a load in my jeans.  I do have one pair of pants and 2 shirts that fit right now.
  • Thanks.. I think I am going to go buy 1 pair of pants.. all of my shirts still fit.. looser now but its not as bad.
    Photobucket
  • Just find stuff thats on sale. Pants that are too big will end up making you look bigger than you actually are.
  • I would def get a pair of pants, there is nothing like droopypants that are hanging off you!
  • Yeah, I had this same "problem" luckily I kept all of my "skinny" pants from before I gained weight & just wear them now. However, I did reward myself & bought a new pair of jeans....do it -- it feels great!
    Photobucket
  • I am having this same dilemma :) My work pants have gotten sooo loose...and although it is nice that people at my work are noticing how I've lost weight b/c they are so loose, it is a little frustrating to have to keep pulling my pants up every two minutes, despite wearing a belt. haha. I want to buy new clothes, but I'm not going to until I get down to my goal size and weight, because I'm only about 7 pounds away now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards