Getting in Shape
Options

Didn't stick to my accountability yesterday

I didn't go to the gym yesterday and run. I was so tired after work. It is so hard for me to workout after work but I have to be in to work at 8 and leave my house by 6:30 to get there. I really can't work out in the morning because my gym opens at 5:30am and I wouldn't have time to work out shower and be ready to go. Any suggestions on how I can keep up energy to get going? I am a teacher and am just drained by the end of the school day. I started taking vitamins today, maybe that will help.Any suggestions? 

Re: Didn't stick to my accountability yesterday

• Options
    are you eating enough calories/enough carbs/protein/fat to give you energy?
  • Options
    like Nebb said are eating enough?  Especially protein.  I'm a WW person so I had never thought of it before, but I went on spark people one day and found that I was only eating 30 g of protein a day.  I've since doubled it, which still isn't a ton of protein, and I feel so much better.  Less hungry/tired/worn out etc.
  • Options
    I know it's hard to do, but once you get into the habit and routine you will have more energy. It takes some time to get there, but once you workout regularly and your diet is full of good, clean foods you'll find you will naturally have more energy, get better sleep, and have better fuel in your system. I too find it hard to workout in the morning, so I get home at 6, change, and go straight to the gym. No slacking, no downtime, just go go go until my workout is finished. You have to start making that choice and see it through. It will always be easier to stay at home, but you have to decide what you want and what you're willing to do to get there. Like pp said, make sure you are getting the right fuel, but it comes down to just doing it.
  • Options
    Can you go right from work to the gym?  That way you don't end up at home all tired from the day and wanting to relax on the couch.  That really helps me.  As for the morning issue, you could go running outside early in the morning, that way you're not stuck going by the time the gym opens. 
  • Options
    Thanks folk! I agree, I probably don't balance my meals out as I should. I will definitely try to incorporate more protein in my diet! I just find it difficult because I only have 20pts to the day and soon to be 19. I am short so that partly contributes to the little points I get. I sometimes don't want to have protein because it takes more pts than I would like. I need to figure out how to split them in a way that is a bit more healthy.  
  • Options
    The vitamins will definitely help, and I also take green tea vitamins to get more natural caffeine. (I gave up coffee!!) Also, my day is pretty similar to yours, so I have started to pack my gym bag and bring it with me so that I can go straight to the gym after work/school. If I go home and change/lie down/eat, it is sooo much harder to make myself go to the gym. If you do this though, pack an power bar or some kind of nutrition bar with you to eat before you work out, especially if you have an early lunch like I do. That extra boost really helps my workout be more effective.
  • Options
    keep in mind that on days you have an intense workout, you probably should eat a few extra pts, so if you earned 4-6 exercising lets say, then eat 2-3 extras of protein that day. also, protein powder and eggwhites really helped me get to the 80-100g of protein mark when I was doing WW
  • Options
    I also take a green tea pill (green tea extract). I take 2 every morning and it helps boost energy and metabolism.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards