Getting in Shape
Options

Really good workout yesterday

So I had this fantastic upper body workout yesterday followed by a really great yoga class.  We had a sub who at the end gave a neck rub w/ aromatherapy lotion.  It was such a nice touch and i felt the relaxation for the rest of the evening.  After said workout, I feel great again after feeling bloated for 2 days following my food tasting this weekend

Re: Really good workout yesterday

• Options
    Nice job! What kind of upper body workouts do you do? Do you feel like you get a good workout from yoga besides flexibility? I've been tempted to do the class at my gym.
  • Options
    For upper body, we do alot of using my own body resistance.  push ups, my terrible attempt at a pull up, and also heavy weighted balls.Yoga is hit or miss on the workout.  The sub we have is much better than our regular teacher (our reg teach is out alot.) I'd definitely recommend yoga....even when it doesn't feel like a big workout, I do feel strong and aligned the next day
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks! Have you tried the 100 pushup challenge? I just started but it sounds like you might like it!
  • Options
    I haven't heard of that....is there a website?  Do you train for that, lol!  I'm no where near 100!!
  • Options
    I think you need to have the right amount of patience for yoga!  I've tried a couple times, but I'm just more of a kickboxing/pilates kind of girl.  I get bored with yoga, although I'm sure for those who can bear it get great results!
  • Options
    swim- I do yoga only 1x/week.  The class i take isn't super formal and it isnt totally silent either.  I took one with this crazy yoga teacher who wanted you to only eat these strage foods and drink nasty smoothies.  That class didnt work for me.  I think it has alot to do with the teacher.  I do it more for the flexibility/strength than the relaxing part
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards