Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

AW Thursday

I have a long story to go along with my AW today. I'm sorry in advance.

(:

Yes... It IS one o'clock in the morning. I am delirious and have been working on save the dates for 7 HOURS. Yes, SEVEN.

I bought labels to print addresses on. Get home, computer won't download the template for said labels. Take labels back to Staples and they tell me that label might be discontinued. A discontinued label??! Get new labels, go home to work on them. I BOUGHT LABELS FOR A LASER PRINTER AND I HAVE AN INKJET. Go BACK to Staples to get correct ink jet labels. Come home start happily typing every. single. address. on to labels. and I do the formatting wrong. OH EM GEE. 

End of story, I have all labels printed, I am currently stuffing STD's in envelopes and thinking this is kharma because I am sending them out waaaay late. 
The wedding God is out to get me.

ANYWAYS- here are our STD's:

They are magnets and they are from wedding paper divas and I lurve them! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
"The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."

Re: AW Thursday

• carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i can't sleep...and your STDs are so cute! i love WPD. exciting that you will be able to mail them TODAY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-79?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:21f0b4be-ebee-4fb5-9542-1a1610eb1ed9Post:cb2b123d-2ab9-4679-9e2c-2f0fd4733674">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]i can't sleep...and your STDs are so cute! i love WPD. exciting that you will be able to mail them TODAY!
    Posted by carmen9311[/QUOTE]

<div>I love them too! We are getting our invites from there as well! </div><div>
    </div><div>And yes, I am soooo ready to get these puppies sent out. They are waaaaay overdue!</div>
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • edited December 2011
    Adorable STDs!

Nothing for me so far - I am working on something for you ladies, but it will be a few days before I finish :)  If any of you are bored and still awake, I would love your opinion on it (AIM: KendallNicole08 or FB: www.facebook.com/kendallnicole08)

<3
  • edited December 2011
    congrats on the save the dates Brooke those are super cute!

Mine is that we making an offer to a 2nd supervisor this week for them to start right before I leave for the wedding!!  We have been looking since OCTOBER!  I am currently managing (to the best of my ability) 43 people plus doing all my own hiring so this is HUGE.
  • dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the STDs!
    And YAY for getting extra help at work!

I used my good ones up on OL Tuesday - (updated DIY & Paper in Bio)
    But I don't think I mentioned that I got my "post-wedding" dress for Las Vegas on Tuesday (which I'll probably wear as my shower dress as well)!
    AND - after much drama in locating the shirts for the groomsmen, I have finally found all the necessary sizes in the style I wanted - ORDERED last night!
    (will update Bio next week with images of those...)
  • edited December 2011
    The STDs are cute!

My AW isn't really for me, it's for FI.  I was worried that he wouldn't have a bachelor party because his brother is his best man (and not one to plan anything), but I found out last night that the other groomsmen and ushers are planning something.  Yay for him!
  • edited December 2011
    Brooke is back! I was wondering where you ran off to again.

I sent off my florist deposit last night. I am using Lily Pad in McKinney. I swear it's like Kirsten read my mind when we were corresponding back and forth. So excited!

Now to just pay everything off :)
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    I was wondering where you were too Brooke! Very cute STDs!

Congrats girls!
    I have nothing, but tomorrow is 3 months..? I love reading your AW, they make me so happy!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on all the checks ladies!

All I got is that we made our deposit on our cakes this week.  Can't wait to see them, and I semi-learned how to make submerged floral centerpieces last night thanks to the world wide web....will be testing those skills this weekend.  Will post pictures.
    My Bio(Updated 4/29/2011) Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Lauren: I was worried about the same thing!  Every plan that his brother (best man) made seemed to fall through.  Thank goodness one of his other friends stepped in!

We are meeting with our venue tonight to do our final details meeting and meeting with our DJ and Officiant on Saturday.  Plus we finally decided on our first dance song yay!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Sarah - I laughed at that one poll on the April boards about not looking forward to FI's Bachelor party.

Have fun with all the details with your venue! I didn't think ours would take too long (we were there for 2 hours).  What is your first dance song?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sent out our wedding invites on tuesday and people started getting them yesterday! so exciting. i hope i get more calls today of people letting me know they got them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-79?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:21f0b4be-ebee-4fb5-9542-1a1610eb1ed9Post:47eb4a63-b455-4bfa-bc66-da3eb699e7dc">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah - I laughed at that one poll on the April boards about not looking forward to FI's Bachelor party. Have fun with all the details with your venue! I didn't think ours would take too long (we were there for 2 hours).  What is your first dance song?
    Posted by llc2011[/QUOTE]

Haha yea!  I wanted him to be able to go hang out with his friends.  His brother's wife apparently freaked out though.  I texted him maybe twice throughout the day just to check on him and see if he would be home for dinner. She kept calling his brother, called his sister, and freaked out about the restaurant they were at. 

Its "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional :-)

Anniversary

• lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

20 pounds gone!

I thought about posting this on FB, but decided it was too AW-y, so what better place than AW Thurs?!?

Also - I would like to AW on behalf of my cousin, who after 5 years of trying is pregnant! Too awesome not to AW!

Congratulations girls on the AW's. Brooke love your STDs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-79?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:21f0b4be-ebee-4fb5-9542-1a1610eb1ed9Post:44e18636-4cf5-488d-8ccd-2eff27e60199">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>20 pounds gone!</strong> I thought about posting this on FB, but decided it was too AW-y, so what better place than AW Thurs?!? Also - I would like to AW on behalf of my cousin, who after 5 years of trying is pregnant! Too awesome not to AW! Congratulations girls on the AW's. Brooke love your STDs!
    Posted by lesalyric[/QUOTE]

That is awesome!! :-)

Anniversary

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats on the weight loss! that's awesome!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woo hoo to everyone's AW!

I turned in my PTO for the HM today.  SO EXCITED.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-79?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:21f0b4be-ebee-4fb5-9542-1a1610eb1ed9Post:44e18636-4cf5-488d-8ccd-2eff27e60199">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]20 pounds gone! I thought about posting this on FB, but decided it was too AW-y, so what better place than AW Thurs?!? Also - I would like to AW on behalf of my cousin, who after 5 years of trying is pregnant! Too awesome not to AW! Congratulations girls on the AW's. Brooke love your STDs!
    Posted by lesalyric[/QUOTE]

<div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">Congrats on the weight loss!!</div></div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">
    </div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">Sarah - I love that song!!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Brooke, your STDs look great. I am sorry you went through so much trouble. If it helps at all perhaps for the invites, you can order address labels from Vista Print. I just ordered some yesterday and they were free, I just paid shipping. If you're interested let me know :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats ladies on the AWs!
    lesalyric
    -YAY Congrats on the weight loss
    Brooke - you made me LOL... with your OH. EM. GEE. Cute STDs
    Wendi - I'm with you ...time to start paying off stuff!
    Sarah - hope the final walk through goes good

My Favorite AW is my mom is coming up from Houston today and staying until after the wedding to help me!! 
    -We are final doing our food tasting Sunday and my last bridal shower too.
    -My hair trial is tomorrow!  YAY
  • edited December 2011
    Lauren- I had never heard it before but I did a bridal video (my videographers basically come out while I was doing my bridal portraits and shot a cool video) and they used the song in it.  I fell in love with it!

Anniversary

• courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-79?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:21f0b4be-ebee-4fb5-9542-1a1610eb1ed9Post:a1401a28-738e-477f-8928-c44e05ee75e1">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday :  Its "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional :-)
    Posted by sparklingdiamond[/QUOTE]

LOVE LOVE LOVE this song!! Great pick :)

Congrats on everyone's AW!! The STD's, weight loss, hiring, PTO, pending neice/nephew, etc.

I will piggyback on Deepthi...we are 3 months out!

Wendi--The Lily Pad was my runner-up florist choice. I really love her work!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-79?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:21f0b4be-ebee-4fb5-9542-1a1610eb1ed9Post:b6cfe7fd-86ee-4714-a90b-6733e6a59791">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brooke is back! I was wondering where you ran off to again. I sent off my florist deposit last night. I am using Lily Pad in McKinney. I swear it's like Kirsten read my mind when we were corresponding back and forth. So excited! Now to just pay everything off :)
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

I've been talking to Kirsten too, I hope I can book her after she gets me a quote. She is so nice!

My AW is  that I had my first dress fitting and it went great! I've lost 5 lbs and I can lose about 5 more and it still fit :) I also finished my DIY invites, just need to mail them in a week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 157 Invited image 95 Attending image 60 Declined image 2 Unknown
    RSVP Date: May 18th
  • edited December 2011
    Just ordered our flower girl dress for my daughter and the boxes for our candy buffet table.

Black Floral Petal Dress for Flower Girl
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay on everyone's AW!

Brooke - Love the STD's
    Carmen - Yay for getting phone calls on invites.  I sent mine out a week before you I think and got some RSVPs already.  Super excited!
    Lesa- That's AWESOME!

My AW-I took B-pics on Sunday and I can't wait to see how they turned out!  It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I did them :)
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH!  I paid off the reception venue today.  And that hurt.
  • Katy LanzaKaty Lanza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-79?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:21f0b4be-ebee-4fb5-9542-1a1610eb1ed9Post:254786a9-7937-4e74-a14d-bcf249b4e172">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just ordered our flower girl dress for my daughter and the boxes for our candy buffet table.
    Posted by angiehascandles[/QUOTE]

This is THE most precious dress ever!! Love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-79?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:21f0b4be-ebee-4fb5-9542-1a1610eb1ed9Post:b760e3b1-1009-44b5-8f5e-53a4b97dbf6a">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : This is THE most precious dress ever!! Love it!
    Posted by Katy Lanza[/QUOTE]

Thank You!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-79?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:21f0b4be-ebee-4fb5-9542-1a1610eb1ed9Post:2dbd3e76-5ef5-4ad6-a8c8-b9c4b941064b">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH!  I paid off the reception venue today.  And that hurt.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE].

Not looking forward to this!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

And a blanket congratulations to everyones AW's!

And Nancylusk, I have a vistaprint acct we just did everything SO. LATE. I didn't want to wait even longer to wait for those to come in. I will def. be ordering them for invites, though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards