Getting in Shape

I need you girls!!

Whether I workout every day and eat right, or whether I eat junk food and dont work out.  I am not seeing any number changes on the scale....In this little stubborn brain of mine I keep thinking "What is the use" ugh!! I am now lacking motivation and flat out don't feel good! I need someone to kick my a$$ in gear and push me! Any ideas or tips to on how to get out of a slump? I am so frustrated!

Re: I need you girls!!

• Ugh I know how you feel I cant really help much.I am asking the same ??
  • Hey are you from MI?I saw your e-pics, Tigers fans,Woot!
  • I think consistency is the key.  How long are your stretches of eating right and working out vs. eating junk food and not.  You may be cancelling out all your efforts.  For me, I felt like I would never lose weight, like I would be the only one in the history of the world to not lose weight.  But, I came to realize that it was truly just going to be a matter of time and being consistent.I know that I would lose more weight if I managed my eating better - okay, that was more of an observation.
  • You know what you need to do... go through those fabulously filled kitchen cabinets of yours and take out your cookies, yours chips and any comfort food you know you run to after a hard day of work! Start there then write yourself a shopping list: strawberries, grapes, apples, melon, kettlecorn popcorn. All fantastic snack foods that can satisfy your sweet tooth and your stomach. If you realize it's the middle of the day and your craving that unhealthy snack cut up an apple and dip it in peanut butter! Promise you best snack ever!! And kettlecorn 100 calories for a whole bag! What's better then that and who says you have to finish the whole bag?As for excerising tell your man to get up off the couch and go for a walk with you... Not only will it be exercise but it's pretty romantic too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you have too many "bad" days, you could be canceling out the effects of the "good" ones. I'm having a similar problem where the scale has slowed down to a snail's pace or stopped moving all together.  I think what I'm going to do is find other goals that are not weight related.  I'd like to run a 5k in May.  I'm in a kickboxing class, and I'd like to be able to hold the plank for 5 min. (My instructor is hardcore... she reminds me of Jillian! Haha.)Health and fitness is not just a number on a scale (hard to remember, I know).  I need to tell myself this every day.  I think it's the only way I'm going to be able to make this a lifestyle, rather than a diet.
  • I think that switching up your workout routine will help too. Your body gets used to doing the same things all the time so you have to mix it up to keep your body on it's toes. I used to just do the elliptical for 30-40 minutes a night but noticed after a while that it wasn't working as well and I was getting bored. Now I do more of a circuit training. 15 minutes on elliptical, 15 minutes of weights, 15 minutes on bike, and then 15 minutes on treadmil. It's an hour workout but goes by really quick.
  • mandanyrdreams- I live near Midland.... I am a HUGE baseball fan! FI and I have season tickets for the past 3 years!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards