Getting in Shape

I don't have as much time as I thought I did.

Today I realized that instead of having until the wedding (May 21) I really only have until March to get down to my goal, because of the dress alterations. David's bridal told me that once I get my dress altered (or, hopefully not altered- it's a little tight in the back, but I'm hoping the weight loss will help that, other than that it's perfect!) I need to stay roughly the same size for the dress to fit. Did anyone lose weight after your alterations, and if so, what was the result? Time to buckle down (literally! Haha.... that was a bad joke. sorry guys :-P)

Re: I don't have as much time as I thought I did.

• I had a similar realization yesterday.  And then of course, I want to eat because of the stress.... (drinking lots of water instead now.)
  • I extended my alterations out.  I had my last dress fitting2 weeks before the wedding.  I stopped trying to lose weightbefore the wedding but ended up losing 3 more lbs from mylast dress fitting.  The dress still fit :)
  • Do you think it is ever possible to just buy something off the rack shortly before and NOT have alterations?  Or are alterations  just a given.  I am in the same boat, only I am getting married in Feb, so just found out i have until Dec.  Oh well, I guess there are a lot worse problems in the world - must keep it in perspective.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards