Getting in Shape
Options

Active Exercisers Trying to Lose Some Pounds!

Hey Everyone!I am new to this board and I am already a pretty active runner (training, or should I say am starting training again for my 4th half marathon in January), but I would like to slim down about 15 lbs or so not only for my wedding at the end of July, but for my overall health.  My problem right now is motivation, healthy eating, and cross training, as in I really don't do much, I just run, which I know isn't good.Anyone else in the similar boat or have any suggestions?  We do have a Wii but none of the exercise or active games, I'd be interested in hearing opinions about those.Thanks!Tina

Re: Active Exercisers Trying to Lose Some Pounds!

• Options
    Cross training is SO important.  I have learned this the hardway!  I was primarily running and ended up with a stressfracture in my hip (uck).When I am back to myself and healed, I plan on swimming,biking and running and not feel as though I only have torun to get in running shape for races. Good luck and congrats on your 4th half marathon!
  • Options
    If you're looking for more motivation, instead of doing half marathons, get into triathlons? If it's the competition, or just the goal of doing a "race" that motivates you, find one that requires you to cross train. As for eating healthy, I'm really liking WW, and they have programs for trying to lose and trying to maintain. HTH!
  • Options
    Yoga and weight lifting are great for runners.  I find it really hard to lose weight during peak training, so I would recommend focusing on weight loss after the half.  Obviously, you'll want to eat healthy while you're training, but cutting calories when you're running 40 miles per week is really hard to do.  Good luck!
  • Options
    pilates,pilates,pilates!Then yoga.combined with running you will be so lean.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards