Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Dress Wrinkles?

Question, I got my dress in.

Fits beautifully (right now). I know I will have to get a bustle put in, and if I lose more weight (which has been hard, stress eating!) I'll have to get it taken in a little.

But there are a lot of wrinkles in the train and the parts of the dress that were bunched up in shipping.

I don't want to just take it to a cleaners... I have a fear of them ruining my dress. It has beading and lace.   When I take it to get fitted, would they get the wrinkles out?  Or what options do I have. Advice?

Re: Dress Wrinkles?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dress-wrinkles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:228f7e88-b673-401d-a6e3-709063247323Post:74ad0421-fa3a-475b-b167-634d078f7fe4">Dress Wrinkles?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question, I got my dress in. Fits beautifully (right now). I know I will have to get a bustle put in, and if I lose more weight (which has been hard, stress eating!) I'll have to get it taken in a little. But there are a lot of wrinkles in the train and the parts of the dress that were bunched up in shipping. I don't want to just take it to a cleaners... I have a fear of them ruining my dress. It has beading and lace.   When I take it to get fitted, would they get the wrinkles out?  Or what options do I have. Advice?
    Posted by fergus80[/QUOTE]
    I used Becky Fowler for alterations, and she steamed my dress before she gave it back to me.  Totally agree on taking it to just any cleaners.  You could call Pinstripes, that's who I used to clean my dress after the wedding, but I know Bill does a lot of cleaning and pressing prior to as well.  He specializes in wedding gowns.
  • Options
    I also had mine pressed by Becky two days before my wedding.  If you have a place at home where you can hang it and lay the train out over a chair, that is what I did once I got to my hotel room to keep it from wrinkling before the wedding. 
  • Options
    Thank you!  I will be making an appointment with Becky as well, so yey! I wan't sure if she would do that or not, and I wanted to know my options. 

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards