Getting in Shape

Toning upper back

My wedding is in 2 months and I just had a fitting last weekend.  I'm overall happy with the fit, but not loving the LITTLE bulge it's creating in the back.  I already eat healthy, workout 5 days a week (2 days Bikram Yoga, 2-3 days of running, elliptical), and don't think I need to lose much weight (I'm 5'6'' and 130 pounds).   Does anyone have any suggestions for eliminating the little bit of back fat bulge I currently have in my dress?  I don't know if it's a matter of losing 5 pounds, or more about doing some more strength training. TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Toning upper back

• If you go to a gym, check out the machines. The ones at my gym have pictures that show you what muscles it's working. Doing a row machine may help you
  • I don't have a gym membership- just a yoga membership and elliptical/hand weights at home. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Any easy one to do at home that will work your upper arms/back and shoulders:

Find a solid chair (or couch, lower stairs; something that won't move) and start out by sitting on it.  Move yourself forward so you are resting your palms on the chair or step and your arms are supporting you (think reverse push up) and your legs are out in front of you.  Lower yourself up and down with your arms.  Hard to explain without a visual but it it does a great job and doesn't involve going to a gym! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well with your weights, you can sit straight up, holding your arms straight out in front of you, then pull your arms back til your wrists are in line with your chest. It would be the same as doing a row machine.
  • Thank you for all the tips!  And JuneBug- my seamstress showed me the same thing!  That is my backup plan, but I figured with 2 months to go, I'd try to tackle the actual problem :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards