Getting in Shape
Options

Need some insight

I am getting very frustrated. I kept going up & down for weeks because I wasnt staying on points. This week I have been staying on points and trying my hardest. I added more protein and more fruits & veggies. Cut out regular soda. I am so frustrated. My scale said that I lost 3 lbs this week. Till this morning when it said I gained 2 lbs. I know it still says I lost 1 lb from my last WI last week but how could I gain 2 lbs overnight?

I know I shouldnt weigh everyday but it makes me so frustrated. I busted my butt working out this week. I took a rest day yesterday because my body needed it.  I am just getting frustrated. Needed to vent. If I sound like a baby and need to toughen up or quit whining then feel free to tell me. Its just frustrating.
Photobucket

Re: Need some insight

• Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Dude, do you read the stuff we post? 

Inless you ate 8000 calories yesterday, the 2lbs is probably just water retention.  What did you eat yesterday?
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hwrd2beHwrd2be member
    First Comment

I do read the posts. I just needed to vent. I am so frustrated.

B- bagel thin w/ sugar free jam, coffee, oatmeal w/raisins
    S- Watermelon
    L-Grill chicken burger on sandwhich thin & broccoli w/dip
    D- Oven baked chicken, stuffing, carrots, roll

I could give up some of the carbs I know. Its a big improvement from last week. I didnt drink as much water yesterday so its a little frustrating to me.

Photobucket
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Stop weighing yourself everyday. I know I sound mean saying this, but youve been around long enough to know all of this stuff - you know how to eat, you know how you should be working out, you know not to weigh yourself everyday, you know how this general weight loss stuff works. You just seem to blank on it more often than not.

You need to buck up.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Ive already told you you eat too much carbs. Your breakfast was ALL carbs. There was nothing nutritionally beneficial in that breakfast.
  • Options
    Hwrd2beHwrd2be member
    First Comment
    I know its just frustrating. I mainly do oatmeal for breakfast because with anything else I end up starving an hour later. Thats why I wanted to do WW and not atkins. I have a hard time giving up my carbs. I just figured this was a big improvement than last week.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    *sigh* hwrd the reason you are hungry after is because all you eat are carbs and it doesnt fill you like something high in fiber or protein will. I dont know why you ask for advice if you never take the advice you are given.
  • Options
    Hwrd2beHwrd2be member
    First Comment
    No, if I eat what I have written then I am fine till like 11am. If I eat eggs or yogurt or something like that then I am starving an hour later.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    It's baffling to me that eating bagel thins doesn't make you feel deprived.  If I can't have the real thing, I don't want it.   And I have eaten a lot of WW food in my life thanks to my mom, but I have always found all of it unsatisfying. 

Also, to piggyback on what one PP said, I know a lot of people on here use WW and many have been successful, so while I don't necessarily have a problem with it, you can't completely disregard nutrition.
  • Options
    Its hard when you reach a point you cannot seem to lose anymore.  At 32 I have to work twice as hard to lose half as much, and that is frustrating.  I am not overweight by any means, but I am trying to get in phenomenol shape for my wedding.  It is very hard and takes a lot of hard work and dedication.  What I do is workout 5-6 days a weeks for 1- 1.5 hours a day, doing equal weight training and cardio.  I alos try to eat as sensibly as possible and drink lots of water.  One mistake a lot of people make is drinking their calories, meaning you mentioned you just cut out soda.  To really maximize weight loss you need to be drinking plenty of water, and not much else.  I drink skim milk bc I love dairy, but I don't drink anything else.  You alos have to know your limits though and occasionally reward yourself.  I do this by allowing myself to have an alcoholic beverage or two on the weekends.  My Dr. even told me to allow myselkf to splurge sometimes, not mening eat 10 oreao, but if you really are starving and you are at a party with oreso, let yourself have an oreo.  Then maybe do some extra cardio.  It is a constant struggle though.  I only weigh myself about once per month.  I have seen only about a 4 pound weight loss in the last 3.5 months, but what I have seen is a huge difference in the way I feel and how toned my body looks.  Remember muscle weighs more than fat and you could also be gaining muscle if you have been working out a lot, and muscle burns fat!!  You do have to combine both nutritiona nd working out though, you can't just do one and think that will work, bc it probably won't!!

Good luck!!!
  • Options

I don't follow GIS religiously, but in this post, it sounds like you're confusing carbs and fiber.

Instead of a bagel (which is just bad for you) have a slice of whole grain toast with a tablespoon on peanut butter and a piece of fruit.

And for lunch...broccoli with dip.  This is just too obvious.

Photobucket
  • Options
    amberh0515amberh0515 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_need-insight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:16548f42-a6f1-4072-896f-b1ba943529d0Post:07c2246f-1fbc-4a0e-b3c7-c69470caa913">Re: Need some insight</a>:
    [QUOTE] what one PP said, I know a lot of people on here use WW and many have been successful, so while I don't necessarily have a problem with it, you can't completely disregard nutrition.
    Posted by heidi1068[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You can manipulate the system by eating junk and staying within points, although you won't always get the best results.  I try my best to stay away from processed food.
    Sparkpeople is also a great source to track carbs, fats, and calories.
  • Options
    I'm a bagel addict too, but I make homemade ones with whole wheat flour. They're way more filling than anything you can buy at the store. If I eat half of one with a bit of lite cream cheese, an egg, and some fruit, I'm all set until lunchtime. For the oatmeal, you could throw in some flax seed or wheat germ to make it a little better for you. And if you're not already, using quick cooking oats (the kind in the cardboard canister) and mixing in some spices for flavor is better than instant oatmeal.

Also, watermelon has a really high water content so it isn't the most nutritious fruit out there. If you're only going to eat fruit once a day, I would stay away from that in favor of something like kiwi, bananas, cherries, or berries that have more vitamins and antioxidants.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_need-insight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:16548f42-a6f1-4072-896f-b1ba943529d0Post:2f78d714-c2e9-4cb0-868f-21bb9cc7d0cf">Re: Need some insight</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need some insight : Agreed. You can manipulate the system by eating junk and staying within points, although you won't always get the best results.  I try my best to stay away from processed food. Sparkpeople is also a great source to<strong> track carbs, fats, and calories.
    </strong>Posted by hook0515[/QUOTE]

I think tracking calories and macronutrients is one of the most integral ways to maintain a healthy BALANCED diet. You know exactly how much of what is going in and it gives you a more complete picture of your nutrition.
  • Options
    Nebb, how do you track that? That's something I would definitely look into doing.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm a huge support of tracking macronutrients.  I'm getting my mom into it right now.

I track my food on the Daily Plate (or MyPlate, or whatever they're calling it now) and I use the pie chart to see where I'm at, because I aim for a ratio, instead of actual numbers.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards