Getting in Shape

Shakeology

Hi !!! I am new to this board. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Christine and I am getting married April 5, 2013. I have been lurking a little to see what you all are up to. I have always been trying to lose some weight, but now that I am engaged I reallllly want to lose some of those lbs!!! I am sorry if someone has posted about this before, but I am inquiring to see if anyone has tried shakeology before. I would like to hear some reviews because it is on the pricier side... how does it taste? when did you start seeing results etc?
thanks in advance!
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Shakeology

• i think any program that replaces food exclusively with their drink products is a bad idea.  Sure, you'll probably lose weight if you follow the diet program.  But what happens the second you have to start making your own food choices after you get off it?  Most people gain the weight back because they haven't been TAUGHT how to eat all the time in a healthy, nutritious, and second-nature sorta way.

You've got plenty of time to lose weight.  No need to jump onto the fad diet plans.  My advice:

*Join a free site like SparkPeople or MyFitnessPal (both have apps too) and begin by tracking your caloric and nutrient intake for a week.  You might be surprised where your deficiencies are.

*Start an exercise program.  You don't need to go all out by joining a gym.  Even just walking/running is beneficial.

*Get rid of the crap in your house.  I'm not just talking about obvious junk food like chips and soda.  I'm talking about all the pre-packaged, full of preservatives(high sodium), low nutrient, and frozen crap.  It really isn't that much pricier to buy good, clean, foods. 

*Ask questions here on the GIS board.  Some of these ladies are REALLY knowledgeable about fitness, health concerns, diet, workouts, and just general life.  Use them.  They have been a great help to me on my weight loss journey.

Welcome to the board!
  • AmJam04AmJam04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I agree with PP.

I'm one of "those" people that falls for the convincing advertising of fad diets (lose 12 lbs in a week? DON'T MIND IF I DOOO!!) but I always ended up falling off the band wagon within a week or two, and all the weight I had lost I gained right back (and sometimes more!)

Just try to think of the long term - do you really want to drink these expensive shakes for the rest of your life? Probably not.

Honestly, you just have to buckle down and do it right: Count your calories and exercise. You don't have to make EXTREME changes right away, you can certainly ease yourself into it. Before you know it, it'll be second nature to you to and it'll get easier and you'll be more aware of what's good to eat and how much of it you can stuff in your face.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I use Shakeology and loveeee it. You do not replace all of your food with it LOL.. It is a great snack or meal replacement on the go. I have it for breakfast (i hate cooking in the morning) or as an afternoon snack.

I lost 10 lbs in the first month I was drinking it, my skin cleared up, my engery level increased and my mood has drastically improved..

I really like it because it is all natural and considered a raw food which is unheard of for a nutrition supplement. That is why it is so pricey. You get what you pay for sometimes :) I could go on forever.. I am totally addicted to this stuff but if you have any specific questions etc shoot me a PM!
  • thanks for the advice, you made me feel much better, and more motivated to try it on my own!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I drink Shakeology EVERYDAY! and I LOVE IT!!! What makes Shakeology sooo diferent is because its all natual and it has a ALOT of nutrients in it thats really good for you. So its the best thing that you are putting in your body. It is a HEALTHY meal replacement that does help you loose weight, it does help keep you regular and has somthing in for mental clarity. At least try it, they have a end of the bag guarentee if you don't like the way it makes you feel. And the taste is AMAZING. I am about to host a challenge with Turbo Fire and Shakology. I would LOVE to make a believer out of you.
    Sign up for  a free account so you can log in any workout and track your progress. When I get you information I will be in touch with you.
    Saare
    www.beachbodycoach.com/saarew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards