Getting in Shape

Football Tailgate Food

Since football season is officially under way - what are ways you make sure you stay in check (healthy) during tailgating - while still having fun of course :-)

Any good treats you bring up too? Let's hear em!! 

204 image Ready to party with us!
84 image Will be Dancing the night away!
20 image Won't be having any fun
100 image Got Lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Football Tailgate Food

• Chili can be a healthy but tasty tailgating choice, if you put some thought into the recipe.  For drinks, a strong Bloody Mary will last for a while, so you'll drink fewer of them than, say, light beers. 

Okay, now I miss tailgating desperately!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • There's always the old fall back of fruit and veggie dips! Though as cliche as they may be, I love them! No way to bet fresh fruits and veggies Smile I have a great recipe for Asian flavored turkey meatballs too. I made them for a party at my house a few weeks ago, made them bite sized and used a teriyaki dipping sauce. They were a hit.

Love the chili idea too!
  • Tailgating and the food that comes along with it are my weakness in the fall. Like PP said, veggies/fruit platters are always nice but there's nothin like some chips, bbq, and beer! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Veggie or turkey burgers on a whole wheat bun! Yum! I prefer them to hamburgers now. Grilled chicken wings are good too, just use something else besides barbeque sauce.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards