Getting in Shape

HELP- only 5 weeks or so until my first dress fitting...

Hi Everyone,
I am getting married in Mid January 2013 and the clock is ticking!!
My first dress fitting is the first week of Dec. and I am NOT happy with my laziness up until this point.  Just recently, I joined WW online and have been eating healthier overall.  I haven't weighed myself but I know that my clothes (mainly pants) are a little looser. 
I haven't exercised in MONTHS...was going to the gym but stopped due to other circumstances.
I eat vegetables and lean meats every night for dinner and I TRY to limit my calorie intake all day long.  Not gonna lie, its not easy.  I have a BIG sweet tooth...trying to limit all fried foods (dont ask about yesterday.. lol..), and my sugar intake. 
Is there anyway that I can lose about 10 lbs before then in a healthy way?!?!?!?
I would love to lose about 30 overall but I will be happy with 10 for now.  Any suggestions??

Thanks so much..
God is Faithful!

Re: HELP- only 5 weeks or so until my first dress fitting...

• Read the stickies at the top of the board - there are great suggestions there.

Realistically 10lbs in 5 weeks is doable but not probable. If you're not actually counting your calories, start now (myfitnesspal.com or sparkpeople.com) and start getting in extra activity as much as you can (even if it's not exercise, even just parking further in the parking lot at the grocery store can help).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_help-only-5-weeks-or-so-until-my-first-dress-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:1a9ef1ea-e749-4fbf-80d7-9867f9f3d05fPost:364e2de9-4eaa-434a-82f8-5d1a34aad9fb">Re: HELP- only 5 weeks or so until my first dress fitting...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do not aim for 30.<strong> To lose 30 in 5 weeks would mean you are losing 6 pounds week, which is sooo bad for your body</strong>. Eating healthy is your #1 priority. It sounds like you are doing that for the most part. Keep that up. Make sure you aren't going over your daily points. If you do, make sure not to use all of your weekly allowance. On WW You can expect to lose 2 pounds a week safely for the first few weeks. Once you adjust, it will slow down. If you can exercise, a walk, a run, a swim, a DVD, anything - then add that in! That will speed along the process.
    Posted by xcalygrl[/QUOTE]

Agreed. 30 pounds (of actual body mass, not water weight)<strong> is not possible</strong> in 5 weeks. You would need to make a 3000 calorie deficit per day which just isn't possible. But 10 pounds totally is doable!!

Like someone mentioned, going below a NET of 1200 calories per day will be counterproductive, but if you stay at or near 1200/day with some sort of activity (walks, work out DVD, whatever) a few times a week, that will put you at ~1000 deficit per day = 2 pounds per week = 10 pounds truly gone by the fitting. Wam bam thank you ma'am.
  • LOL!!  thank you all...  : )  Much appreciated!  I didnt mean I wanted to lose 30 lbs BEFORE the wedding or my fitting, just in general (when that goal can be reached)...but I am realistic that 10 is reachable before then.  The Holidays will be TOUGH OMG!!!!!!  LOL...totally didnt think much about those...oh boy...but I can do this!  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens Me!"  Phil 4:13
    God is Faithful!
  • s-aries8990s-aries8990 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_help-only-5-weeks-or-so-until-my-first-dress-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:1a9ef1ea-e749-4fbf-80d7-9867f9f3d05fPost:f1424edd-f45f-4510-a8cd-4554d75fa139">Re: HELP- only 5 weeks or so until my first dress fitting...</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL!!  thank you all...  : )  Much appreciated!  I didnt mean I wanted to lose 30 lbs BEFORE the wedding or my fitting, just in general (when that goal can be reached)...but I am realistic that 10 is reachable before then.  The Holidays will be TOUGH OMG!!!!!!  LOL...totally didnt think much about those...oh boy...but I can do this!  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens Me!"  Phil 4:13
    Posted by WonderfulSavior[/QUOTE]

Good luck!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards