July 2012 Weddings

Deciding on a florist

Hey gals. So I've met with two florists so far. The first one is a one-woman shop who is relatively new to the business. I met with her and she was really nice and her quote was much lower than I expected. I met with a second florist, just for a price comparison. It is a mother-daughter team and I felt really comfortable with them and, on top of that, they have great reviews and a lot of experience. BUT, their quote was twice as much (which I can negotiate/change).

My question is this;

Do I give my business to the new lady to help her out or the mother-daughter team who I felt more comfortable with?

Thanks, ladies!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Deciding on a florist

• If money isn't an issue, I would go with the one that makes you feel most comfortable. I met with 4 different florists and I didn't go with the most or least expensive one, but the one that "got" what I was looking for the most. I liked her ideas the best and we just clicked.
    Photobucket
  • I would go with who you felt the most comfortable with. Unless you rather save money then that's the way to go, you should always "click" with the person you are doing business with.
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • I had a very similar issue! 
    One was a recommendation from my grandma, and one was a well known business. 
    It will come down to comfort, as said with the PP, but also who will be better able to give you what you want. For me, the newer business told me different things (like flower availability etc) than the well-established business, and because of the smaller size, less able to do what I was thinking I wanted, whereas the more experienced florist even enhanced my "vision" it a little bit. 
    But it is soo heartbreaking to tell a small business you arent choosing them. 
    It all comes down to what you want your flowers to look like. I wish you luck in trying to decide!!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    If you can ask for some refferals from the "new" florist and ask to see some pictures of her work from past weddings and events she's done.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • If money is not an issue then go with the one you felt more comfortable with.  If not you can also keep looking around if the newer lady and you didn't click.  I picked all my vendors based on our interactions and not just the cheapest or the most reputable in most cases.

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_deciding-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1913a063-9ccc-4872-bea4-17e0e5b39741Post:a4a80a05-b289-452e-9520-4cbd251eb600">Re: Deciding on a florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you can ask for some refferals from the "new" florist and ask to see some pictures of her work from past weddings and events she's done.
    Posted by Madisonpenny[/QUOTE]

I agree. I would see if the "new" florist has enough experience. I don't think the idea of her having a new business should deter you. I've seen a few people who used new or unestablished vendors. They saved alot money and recieve the same quality of work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards