Getting in Shape
Options

Vent: I hate getting sick!

I am fairly certain I have strep throat, I obviously have to wait to see a doctor (they open at 9) to be sure but I know what it feels like and this happens every year (teacher!)...this is the second time in a month that I am sick and everytime I get sick I can't work out as much as I need to/want to...I always feel like I am taking two steps backwards...and now I have to watch the hockey game at home alone because I think FSIL would kill me if I came over to watch it with FI's family and got her two sons sick!  

k, end of vent...:)

Re: Vent: I hate getting sick!

• Options
    Yup, getting sick sucks.   After my weekend of snowboarding/partying/staying up too late last weekend I've been sick all week.  It's starting to be gone, but the cough is still bugging me.  I ended up staying home on, um, Tuesday?  Wednesday?  and made myself go to the gym in the afternoon.  It actually made me feel better, which was nice.

Strep throat is something I'm very familiar with though, and that sucks.  Hopefully your symptoms are clear enough that they'll give you a scrip today without have to wait for the results of the swab!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a really bad cold a couple weeks ago and spent about 4 days lounging around and sleeping a lot. Once I was still not feeling my best but didn't feel like I was going to die anymore, I started working out again, and I was better about a day later! I really think the exercise helped my recovery because it got my body temperature up (do it yourself fever ;-)) and got my blood pumping. Again, I didn't do it when I was at my sickest.. you absolutely need your rest. But maybe when you're feeling 80%+, give a n easy workout a try?
  • Options
    I used to get strep alllll the time and the immediate test would ALWAYS come back negative and then like the next day they would call me and be like, Yep, you have a bad case of strep...so hopefully even if that does happen they'll go ahead and give you the medicine for it! (or you can suggest that they do this!)

I hope you feel better! Just make sure you're not eating really unhealthy foods to make you feel better because it'll make you feel worse in the long run (I feel that way anyways!)

• Options
    I hear you on that one! I have been coughing for a week now! Since my lungs are tight and I'm coughing pretty badly, I haven't been working out at all and my eating has been pretty crap too. When I have been eating, I have just been eating whatever is there and available. Luckily I am not eating enough calories to make up for all the energy I'm expending coughing so I am still losing...plus I am getting a little ab workout from it. LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards