Getting in Shape

Favorite workout routine

Just curious what keeps all of us going in the gym. Certain routines? Equipment? Classes? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Favorite workout routine

• My favorite routine for cardio is the treadmill for 20 minutes on an incline than elliptical for 20 - 30 depending on my asthma. 
    Weights - I do 2 sets on the shoulder press machine break 2 sets on the chest press machine break than repeat. Than i switch to 2 sets on the butter fly machine break and 2 sets on the seated row machine break and repeat.
    And I do crunches on my own floor at home... gym mats creep me out I never see anyone clean them after they use them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My routine is never the same day to day - but GENERALLY I do 15 minutes on the rower keeping my s/m at a certain rate and trying to hit a specific amount of meters in 15 minutes (2700+), then I do either 15 minutes of walking/running intervals or 15 minutes of intervals on a recumbent bike. I will then do weights - depending on the day a combo of shoulders, chest, back, or arms, or abs and lower body. Then I do 15 minutes on a spin bike, alternating speed and resistance, occasionally getting out of seat depending on my knee.
  • I am a cardio junkie.  Running outside and the elliptical (preferably the one with the tv attached) are my favorites!
  • I don't go to the gym.  I love running outside.  I just got a treadmill for Christmas so I can run when it is nasty out.  I also walk a couple miles a day with the dog.  I was only supposed to be dog sitting for a couple weeks during hunting season but my Dad hyrt his knee so he can't walk her.  I enjoy our walks.  Once in a while I'll do the 30 day shred or biggest loser bootcamp but I get bored quick with vidoes.
  • I usually go to class because I'm super unmotivated on my own!  (Or I go with my FMIL...she whips me into shape!)  But my favorite class is cardio kickboxing.  I'm currently going to spinning class at 6:30 every morning though.  Yuck!  But it's basically all the free time I have. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.
  • Although I didn't start from "on the couch", Couch to 5K has been awesome!  I always wanted to be a runner, but didn't really know a strategy to start.  Now I do and its been easy!  I do it on the treadmill, but you can road run or track run, too.  Its been great and I can FEEL it working! 

http://www.c25k.com/
  • My favorite workout is running either outside or on a track 1-2 miles a day.  I actually don't really enjoy doing it all that much, but I've found that it's really the most effective way to lose weight/tone up.  Ive seen more improvement in 3 months of running 1-2 miles/day than I did in a year of using the treadmill for 30 minutes a day.
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My FI and I are doing yoga and cardio from FIT TV when we can't be outside walking our dog.  I enjoy running so when the weather gets above 30 my dog and I are doing 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week.  Then when I get home from the run I will do some light weight lifting.  Winter is hard though but the goal keeps me going....  
    Anniversary Vacation
  • I've seen the most results when I switch up my routine.  I try and go to the gym 4 times a week.  I do a spinning class 1-2 times a week, a pilates class once a week, and then make sure I get in my arm and leg routines that a trainer showed me when I was working out with a trainer.  I also switch up my cardio with the tredmill (running on intervals), stair machine, and elliptical.  I definitely recommend taking classes.  It keeps you motivated!
  • My FI and I have the Biggest Loser Bootcamp Video, the WIi active, and for Christmas my Aunt got me a Cardio Dance Program for the Wii. I also have started Yoga. Yoga is interesting...
  • What's the 30 day shed?  Also, any ideas for at-home exercises that are quick and easy? I'm looking to tone up my arms and lose about 20 pounds....
  • My FI got me the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and I am loving it.  I got into a bad car accident the day before Christmas Eve and it has really helped with my back, and I have already lost a pound.  I watched myself very closely at Christmas with all the baking and chocolates and all the carbs. Ridiculous! But I have been doing great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just about anything outside.  I love to run, swim, bike, ski, roller-blade (great for keeping up my skiing muscles in the summer), scuba dive, and hike.

Since I'm in Minnesota, the bitter cold winters do keep me inside some days.  So, I do have an iron gym.  I do pull ups and when I'm "up", tuck my knees into my chest.  It works the back, arms, abs, etc.  Then I'll do a few lifting my legs straight out, so they are parallel to the floor.
  • IT IS AMAZING. You won't understand just how amazing Jillian Michaels is until you do her 30 day shred... look it up on Amazon or Overstock and read all the reviews. If you have the will to do it, you'll be looking at a different you in a month!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards