Getting in Shape

Anyone up for a Valentines Day challenge?

I was thinking about a challenge between a few knotties starting January 1st, 2012 until February 14th, 2012.

Everyone could set their own goal (ex. lose 5 pounds, exercise 3x a week, etc) and we can hold each other accountable on this board. If anyone is interested/has any ideas let me know. =]
I love this man.

Photobucket

Can vacation be now please? Vacation

Re: Anyone up for a Valentines Day challenge?

• I'm totally game!  The Summer Challenge kept me accountable (even though my thyroid was totally wonky and I didn't lose hardly any weight) and I would love that again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Let's do it.

My goal between 01/01/2012 and 02/14/2012:  :   Lose 10 lbs
  • That sounds like a grey idea! I have been slacking these past few weeks (nothing overboard but not as great as I could be doing) and that will give me the motivation to get back on track. My goal is to work out for at least an hour a day, four days a week minimum.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd be on board for that! I too did the Summer Challenge and that kept me going sometimes! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Me too!

My goal: 15 pounds!
    Soon to be Mrs. Roberts :)Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• I'd love to do this!  My goal would be to regularly go to the gym at least 3x per week while trying to get my mileage up for a half (I'm switching to one in warmer weather instead of February because my asthma is awful in the winter).
  • I'm in.  Goal:  8 lbs.
  • I usually just lurk here, but I'll take this challenge!

Goal between 01/01/12 and 02/14/12 is to lose 1/2 inch off measurements. Don't care about the pounds, but want to shave off a couple inches here and there.
  • I am new to this board but I am up for the challenge! I want to at least lose 5 lbs. in a month. Once I hit that goal I will increase my goal!
    Photobucket
  • I'm up for it!!  I have my dress fitting right after that, so it's perfect timing!  My goal:  10 lbs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds great! No point in starting before Christmas with all the tasty treats! I'll have to think of a goal or two and let you all know! Smile
  • annie912annie912 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a lurker here, but will jump in as well. The challenge ends shortly before my training will start for my marathon and I need to lose some weight before then. Ideally I'd like to lose 20 pounds but I'd settle for 10 before training starts. I'm a bit of a penguin and pretty sure that losing some of the extra weight will make me at least a bit faster.

Lose 10 pounds
    run 4 times a week
    swim once a week
    yoga once a week
    strength training twice a week
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i usally dont post but just read this borad but i am so in i want to lose 15lbs and work out at least 3omins a day 4days a weeks
    image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
  • Another lurker here, but game! My goal for that period is 10 lbs and to work out 3x or more per week.

Great idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ok, my goal is to try to go to the gym 3x/week and to try to get down it 142 (the weight I was when I graduated high school).  Getting down to 146 would be a more realistic goal for me though (the weight I was when I went to prom).

Good luck guys!

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I'm a lurker also, been waiting for a challange.
    My goal will be 12lbs. Can't wait :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also welcome the accountability factor, so I would love to participate in this challenge.

My goals are:
    Lose 10 pounds
    Cardio Exercise 3x a week
    Strength Train 3x a week
    Bonus goal:  Don't over-do it with food or drink on my birthday (January 11th!)

Thanks for rallying us together, torrieshere!

• MrsReynolds12MrsReynolds12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also a lurker but down to commit to working out 3x a week. My second e-session is the 20th so that will be great timing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want in! I want to exercize for at least 40 minutes a day three times a week. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm definitely up for this challenge! My goal is to lose 10 lbs. Good luck everybody!
  • DianaL616DianaL616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in! My goals: Follow 15k training plan for race on March 3rd Lift heavy 2x week Lose 5 lbs
    Photobucket
  • I'm in!  I'll set a goal of 15 pounds by Valentine's Day.  I decided to set an initial goal of 15 pounds, at which time I can reward myself with an iPod shuffle.  Working out with my regular iPod (a 120 GB monster!) is a drag!

A brief intro... I'm new to this board, but I've been around TK for nearly a year.  I have been overweight as long as I can remember.  I have been unmotivated to really take charge of my weight/health in the past, but I am truly at a point where I feel dedicated to my goals.  FI is at his heaviest and wanting to be healthier as well, so we are going to hold each other accountable.  We signed up for a membership at a wonderful YMCA through the company I work for, which starts January 1st.  We went grocery shopping last night and our cart was half full by the time we left the produce aisle - I'm sad to say that was a huge departure for us, but I am proud and excited for our healthy future.

I'm happy to have you ladies around for the support and great ideas!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Yet another lurker here but I am in for this challenge!

My goal: go to gym at least 4x a week and begin training for a 5K (eventually lead to training for a half marathon I want to do in June). 
  • OK, I'll join you. My wedding's Feb 19th.

I need to lose these last 4 pounds, and I'll do it by running three days a week for 40 minutes and cutting down my salty foods while upping my lean protein and veggies.

Thanks for the idea!
  • another lurker, but its about time i start holding myself accountable. 2 goals - work out 3 days a week, and to fit back into my "skinny jeans". I cant give a number because i believe in losing inches vs pounds :-)
  • Hi I am a lurker too, (you ladies have great advice) :) 

Goal 1: work out 3x a week combo of cardio and strength
    Goal 2: lose 5 lbs and at least 1/2 inch off measurements
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LurkieLoo here...

With 5 months to go once January comes... I need to step it up and get motivated!

Goals:
    *Cardio 3-4 times a week
    *At least three sets of pushups everyday (3 sets of 10 or 3 declining sets -12,10,8, etc)
    *Get my mother to workout with me
    *Drink more water

Thanks for the challenge! Look forward to using this board for support! Never done it this way before!
  • RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I normally lurk on this board, but if nobody minds, I'd like to get in on this ... I tried by myself a while back, but fell off the wagon at Thanksgiving.

My goals:

*either drop 10lbs or 1 pants' size
    *exercise at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week (Assorted workout DVDs, including Zumba and 30DS)
    *Do at least 30 minutes of yoga a week
    *get back in the habit of consuming fruits and veggies on a daily basis

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• I'll join in for this one, though I need to start now (takes a lot of time for me to lose weight). Fortunately, I'll be working through the holidays so there won't be extra food laying around. 

My goal by Feb. 14th: to lose 10lbs. My naturally thin FI just started Karate again and he's already looking more in shape. And I'm trying to hold out on another dress fitting until I lose more weight, so now's the time! Now let's see if I'll actually get off the couch this AM and Shred (30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels is my workout choice).

Good luck everyone, let's do this!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards