Getting in Shape

Juice fast?

Hey everyone! I've always wanted to try juicing but haven't gotten around to it yet. My question, has anyone ever tried a juice fast? what was your experience? results?

Re: Juice fast?

• Well, considering I can't have fructose.. I'm pretty sure a juice fast would kill me. 

I do like juicing, though. It's a much better way to enjoy juices without getting the prepackaged crap from the store. 

"fasting" however, is kinda bs. Your body cleanses itself all the time. How about eating 100% clean for a month? That would be better for your body and help your bod rid itself of any gunk you've let build up. Go with organic, non GMO, non prepackaged foods (nuts, seeds, fruits, veggies, eggs and meat if you can get them RIGHT FROM THE SOURCE (ie go to the farm), and raw milk or make your own). 

It's how you should probably be eating anyway. Your liver and kidneys don't need your help with detoxing, so what's HONESTLY the point of a juice fast for you? Why do you want to try it?
  • I don't think any of my co-workers or loved ones would want to be around me if I were to try anything that included the word "fast."

Also, what PP said.  It isn't healthy and won't work for permanent weight loss. 

I've had to learn this lesson several times in my life: there is no such thing as an easy fix.  The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat a healthy diet and exercise more. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A group of my former co-workers do juice fasts every so often. They post disgusting Facebook updates the whole week (I think it's a week) that they do it. I always thought they were healthy and envied their self control.

When I moved in August, I started working from home and thought it was a great time to finally try it myself. I started doing some research, and it actually talked me out of it. First of all, you are much better off eating the fruits and veggies whole. When you juice you miss out on the carbs, fiber, and protein. Second, it is not a sustainable diet so when you are done and go back to your regular eating habits, you are just going to gain the weight back. I'd much rather come up with a nutritional plan I could stick with on a regular basis. Third, most of the weight you lose is water weight and muscle. Fourth, I don't think I'd have the energy for the gym.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_juice-fast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:35f10bc5-4030-4758-8508-442e528fd80aPost:274156e7-67f3-4e54-b65c-622cdcafc862">Juice fast?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone! I've always wanted to try juicing but haven't gotten around to it yet. My question, has anyone ever tried a juice fast? what was your experience? results?
    Posted by shaygray88[/QUOTE]
    Please don't do this. Two years ago; I lost about 60 Lbs. by doing a no carb high protein diet and working out, well suddenly, i began to gain my weight back regardless of eating healthy and working out so I tried the "reboot" juice fast diet and it did nothing for me. I then scheduled an appt with my Dr. and found out I had Hypothyroidism which she thinks was caused by the raw Kale, Spinach, Broccoli, etc.(Goitrogens) consumption.
  • thanks ladies! I learned a lot from you guys!
  • I've never done a juice fast, but I do have a juicer and use it every morning and have my breakfast juice. We absolutely love it! It's fun to try out new and different combinations! Since I started having a juice every morning I feel so much better and I have so much more energy! I eat a normal healthy lunch and dinner though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards