Getting in Shape

So frustrated right now!

So, I was getting super close to finally breaking back into the 130's. I was 140.2 at my weigh in this week. Just hopped on the scale today to make sure I'm still where I want to be...142.2. Are you friggin' kidding me? I've been working out, chugging water, and keeping with my weight watchers. Although I know it's just water weight, I'm still annoyed as all get out...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

261 Invited image
174 Want to Party image
56 Are Party Poopers image
31 Can't find the mailbox image

Re: So frustrated right now!

• Hi fellow bride! I have the same problem and i am currenly at the same 140... im looking to be 130 but its gonna be a bit of a haul... best thing to do is to ignore the scale especially if u have been working out. Muscle ways a ton more than fat . Concentrate more so on how your clothes are fitting you and leave the number alone. I know it is hard to do this as i have been struggling with this my whole life and at my heaviest in high school i weighed almost 160 (im only 5 ft 3) and at my thinnest i was 112... its a difficult road to keep weight off but i have finally learned to concentrate more on how clothes fit and toning...(ps 112 was way too thin i looked awful... 125-130 is the ideal weight for me) but iod take 135 lol.

try and see that side of it and u will be fine!
    Live.Laugh.Love Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I completely agree with hailey!!! I was also at 140, and in the last month or so managed to get down to 136... I still check my weight daily, but I try to focus more on the appearance of my body - how my clothes are fitting me and so forth. I get really frustrated sometimes when I jump on the scale and it says 140 or more, but you've just gotta keep going. We're all in this with you!!!
  • Hailey, you and I are pretty identical in our goal! The thinnest I've ever been is 135, so my goal is to get back to that point. However, my overall goal is to get down to 130. I'm just frustrated. I just started to work out this week, and since then I've put on the two pounds...*sigh*. It's just annoying.

Thank you girls for the support! :)

261 Invited image
    174 Want to Party image
  • If you're doing Weight Watchers and you just started to workout, make sure you're tracking activity points correctly and eating some of those.  I did WW about 3 years ago and lost 85lbs, I was at a point where I was working out 6 days a week for an hour or more of pretty high intensity and I wasn't losing a thing; so trust me, I understand your frustration.  It's going to take some time and trial and error to figure out how much you can and should eat with working out. 

Good luck!
  • I'm not working out strenously. Walking on the treadmill and lifting. The FI and I walk our dogs on occasion as well. I figure with eating some of my "extra" points for the week, it would cover what I would need to eat for working out.

261 Invited image
    174 Want to Party image
  • been there..done that....this is what i did...taebo..... take out the sweets and meats....for a month....drink more water than a mother....freeFoodfriday.....then next month...dance twice a day....throw that scale away...when you feel your clothes get looser..you are there..good luck
  • Me too, was wavering just above the 130's, but finally broke into it this week.  I was frustrated too because I'm dieting right and was working out a lot. But I can feel stronger muscles developing. So another thing to keep in mind is that yes, muscle is denser than fat, but also new muscle growth (if your new to lifting or working different muscles) requires a lot of water....the new muscle actually soaks up and holds a lot of water, so you may still be losing fat, but getting much fitter.  After a few weeks of consistent effort, my weight finally started dropping on the scale.  Good luck! Just keep working at it :) You will be in the 130s in days.
  • The scale is your enemy!! Stay away from it because it bites.  Judge yourself based on stuff like clothing size.  It's much more rewarding.  Remember that as you work out, you're gaining muscle that you've probably not had before!  I was around 123/125 a few months ago, but when I started weight training I gained weight.  Now I'm around 130.  That's all muscle.  I know how hard it is to lose weight, I'm not some "skinny chick who's probably been thin her whole life!".  I used to weight 198lbs.  Don't judge your progress by that damned scale  ;)  You're exercizing, eating right, and doing what's needed to make yourself healthier....go get it girl!  :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TGozeTGoze member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_so-frustrated-right-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:3b45c6dc-3598-4ee0-a139-56ebcaea758dPost:4dccd076-3311-4775-b79c-9262c088225c">Re: So frustrated right now!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi fellow bride! I have the same problem and i am currenly at the same 140... im looking to be 130 but its gonna be a bit of a haul... best thing to do is to ignore the scale especially if u have been working out. Muscle ways a ton more than fat . Concentrate more so on how your clothes are fitting you and leave the number alone. I know it is hard to do this as i have been struggling with this my whole life and at my heaviest in high school i weighed almost 160 (im only 5 ft 3) and at my thinnest i was 112... its a difficult road to keep weight off but i have finally learned to concentrate more on how clothes fit and toning...(ps 112 was way too thin i looked awful... 125-130 is the ideal weight for me) but iod take 135 lol. try and see that side of it and u will be fine!
    Posted by haileyschwebbs[/QUOTE]

at my heaviest I was 152, Im only 5'2"!!!! I was done to maybe 129, then my fiance became stationed with me again, I ate like he did and now Im back to the stubborn 145!!! I wanna get to like 130/ 125 (I have nice sized chest and booty lol and dont wanna loose it).  But seeing how Im not alone and I will now avoid the dreaded scale and concentrate on the feel and look :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards