Getting in Shape

Becoming Obsessed!

Ok, so my wedding is only 36 days away and I am becoming utterly obsessed with shedding 5 lbs. My problem is that I am absolutely not a dieter, I believe in moderation! But then I feel that I need to cut things out to lose weight quickly. And then I never stick to it. My fiance and I went on Atkins. He lost 15 pounds in two weeks, and I lost 1. I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse, and probably don't get enough calories in a day, but haven't figured out how to solve it. I also try to workout as much as possible but I just feel like nothing is working! My dress is a drop waist and my only real insecurity is my tummy flab. HELP!

Re: Becoming Obsessed!

• I could help more if I had more information, but one way you could try to consume more calories that are portable and easy to keep near you at the hospital is protein shakes with either milk or water. I personally like the chocolate flavored myofusion.
    You could also try to bring nuts...

I'm sure you're already aware, but make sure you're netting at least 1200 calories a day -- and being a nurse and running around for 12 hrs probably burns off a lot of calories, so do what you can to meet this goal!

I'm sure staying hydrated and making sure you're getting sufficient nutrients will help keep your body at its most efficient, so supplement any area where you may be lacking!

Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• If all else fails -- Spanx :)

In all seriousness, don't try to crash diet, especially if you've already had your final fitting. Just focus on maintaining a healthy weight and feeling good. I drink Slim Fast shakes for a quick breakfast alot, but if you need to just get some calories, they're easy and full of protein and fiber. I think they're 180-190 calories each and really yummy.
  • I'm confused... You claim you're "not a dieter" but you're on Atkins?! That doesn't add up to me..
    It's not about dietING, it's about switching your diet to a healthful one. 
    1. how much are you working out? 
    2. How many calories are you getting in a day? (if you're food loggin.. if you're not, that's the first thing most of us will suggest you start doing) 
  • if you think you're not getting enough, you're probably not.
    A couple weeks ago I felt like I hit a plateau, I started to actually eat a little more and now I notice the weight flying off. I still make mostly healthy choices, just take in more calories (I try and not go below 1300/1400). Hope that helps!
  • 5 pounds PROBABLY isn't going to make that much of a difference in your physical appearance.  Your weight already fluxuates 2-4 lbs each day anyways...just eat healthy and exercise and enjoy your day!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would just go the dehydration route.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards