Getting in Shape

Has anyone tried the Beyond Diet?

I saw the beyond diet.  When I was researching diets, I came across this one.  I like how it explained heathy foods and foods that make you store fat. You don't count calories with this diet.  You eat healthy foods.  They have an informaional video that explains how the diet works.  It tells you which foods to eat and which to avoid.  Then is explains that to get the whole diet plan it is $97.  I felt that I got enough information from the free video. I'd buy a book for $20 or less but I felt the $97 is too high.

Has anyone tried this diet? Does it work?

Re: Has anyone tried the Beyond Diet?

• I thought you just started the South Beach Diet?

The Beyond Diet looks like it's just a gluten free diet.  I'm very much against completely cutting out anything without a medical reason.  Most people don't have a medical reason to cut out gluten,a nd while some of the "research" can be convincing, there are many nutrients that people get from products with gluten that require a considerable amount of research to continue getting without eating gluten.  I know this from experience, because I don't eat gluten (for a medical reason). 

I say stick with South Beach if you feel the need to be on a special "diet."

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Oh, ok.  Got it.

Well, I still don't think is the greatest choice.  But I didn't read it terribly closely either.

• i don't dig anything that requires you to pay extra just to eat healthy.  Thank goodness for sites like Sparkpeople.  Heck, I wouldn't even be doing the SBD if I didn't already have a gluten issue.  I'm pretty much approaching it more like a sugar-fast.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_has-anyone-tried-the-beyond-diet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4ebec07b-7b2a-4ff5-a65a-b4a51b2f660aPost:6c6e2493-a682-4998-b1d8-54f5805f37ff">Re: Has anyone tried the Beyond Diet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>i don't dig anything that requires you to pay extra just to eat healthy. </strong> Thank goodness for sites like Sparkpeople.  Heck, I wouldn't even be doing the SBD if I didn't already have a gluten issue.  I'm pretty much approaching it more like a sugar-fast.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this.  I don't understand why you should have to pay for knowledge (which it sounds like you'd be doing for this plan) when it's all out there for free in books at the library and on the internet.  WW I sort of get, because you're paying for support too, but I still think the cost is too high for what it is.

• Beyond Diet actually only costs $47, and that's for the program. The community website (www.beyonddiet.com) is free with your purchase. There's a great support system on the site - other members (as well as coaches who are BD employees) who will answer your questions, share recipes and offer encouragement.
  • Don't diet... Make a lifestyle change! You can always quit diets!
  • For the record, when I refer to my diet.  i'm not referring to a temporary change.  You can not be "on a diet" or "dieting" and still be looking for a healthy diet.

That poor word "diet".  It's gotten a bad rap lately thanks to all the fad and gimicky "diet plans"
  • Beyond Diet is for people who can't or don't want to do the research themselves. Isabel does the research and presents it in the manual and newsletters. If you have any questions about the program or a specific food, you can ask them on beyonddiet.com and get answers from other members, as well as Isabel and her coaches. It's a great community website that centers around a program that is focused on changing the way you eat for life, as opposed to just losing weight.
  • I see the plan includes a metabolictype test, which is great. Dr. Mercola www.mercola.com is an advocate of this type of diet. All the research can be timeconsuming confusing, especially when getting into the nittygritty nutritional factors of each every fruit vegetable you plan to consume! There's nothing wrong with paying someone who has already done this work for advice support. Also, you may have heard of Eat Right For Your Type. I highly recommend it. I actually lost 15 lbs by eating foods from my HB list which it tells you not to do, but I'm sure I wasn't the only one to test the theory! over a 23 week period. And I felt more energetic AND happy yes, happy than I had in years. Being healthy will do that for you! So, don't be afraid to pay somebody for the right information that will help set you up on the path to health happiness. If you stop to "reinvent the wheel" with all the research it will take to DIY, more likely than not, you'll delay, then become discouraged /or frustrated, or even more likely, you'll find something else needing your attention never finish the research! Just go for it! She's only charging 47 now offers back...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards