Getting in Shape

breakfast shakes

I always struggle with breakfast. I really need something that is grab and go and also something that is filling enough so I'm not starving by lunch time because I really don't get a chance to snack at all in between breakfast and lunch. 

I was thinking about trying a protein shake mix. I thought it would be something I could throw in a water bottle and drink in my car. I have no experience with this. What are your thoughts?  Any you would recommend?  If you don't like them any quick and easy breakfast tips would be a huge help!

Re: breakfast shakes

• I usually make a smoothie with my protein powder. I blend ice, a frozen sliced banana, protein powder, and a mix of regular and chocolate almond milk. It only takes a couple of minutes to blend and is definitely grab and go. :)
  • If I'm going to do a breakfast shake I usually do:

1 banana
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    3/4 C skim milk
    1 Tbsp PB

I blend those together in my Magic Bullet knockoff and I'm good to go.

You'd need more than just protein powder in the mornings.  Just a scoop of protein powder, even mixed with milk just wouldn't be enough nutrients to get you through the morning.

Personally, even having a good, filling breakfast, I still need to eat a mid-morning snack.  Would you be able to do something quick like an apple and a handful of nuts?

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can even make the smoothie the night before.  It may separate a little bit, but you can miz it back up.  I wouldn't recommend making it more than 12 hours in advance though.

Things like carnation instant breakfast aren't a substitute for breakfast, because I think they're not fillling enough.  It makes a nice morning snack though.  yum chocolate. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_breakfast-shakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:55ceae53-77f3-4a2c-9fb6-93f7e068a3b9Post:851a5b94-68b1-4a3f-b04b-6d18ff945898">Re: breakfast shakes</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I'm going to do a breakfast shake I usually do: 1 banana 1 scoop chocolate protein powder 3/4 C skim milk 1 Tbsp PB I blend those together in my Magic Bullet knockoff and I'm good to go. You'd need more than just protein powder in the mornings.  Just a scoop of protein powder, even mixed with milk just wouldn't be enough nutrients to get you through the morning. Personally, even having a good, filling breakfast, I still need to eat a mid-morning snack.  Would you be able to do something quick like an apple and a handful of nuts?
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

Do you make your smoothies the night before or the day of.. I think if I were to start the smoothies I would make mine the night before.. that sounds good with the PB and Chocolate Powder.  I used to get those type of smoothies at my college gym.  I guess any brand protein powder?  Do you get it at a grocery store or a vitamin shop.. I remember it was expensive at CVS and I ended up returning it. until I could research different brands/prices etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I make the same one Raynes does and it's delicious. I do it in the morning. I have the belnder ready to go and it seriously takes 2 minutes to just blend together, while I'm getting a travel mug out of the cupboard. You can even put the protein powder, banana and PB on the counter next to the blender so it's even easier in the morning.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards