Getting in Shape

I let myself go - now I'm ready to return - sort of?

I swam 3 miles a day all through jr high and high school. I had rock hard abs and was stronger than most of the boys I knew.

Now I am out of shape. VERY out of shape. Lack of exercise last year (I can blaim working 40 hours a week while taking 4 grad classes, right?) really caught up with me - I gained 20 pounds!- as did my affection for wine and cheese!

School ended a month ago, so now I work a normal 8:30-5 schedule.

I've cut down on wine during the week and have had more time to make healthy dinners (less ordering pizza).

FI and I have looked into joining a gym. I used to like going to the gym, but now I'm anxious. I'm anxious about people noticing I get winded after 5 minutes of using the eliptical. I probably won't even know how to use the weight equipment anymore.

I want to tone, and maybe lose an inch or 2 off the waist/hips/thigh region (well wait, how do I keep the cleavage?)...I am not concerned with being a size 0 again - I already donated all those clothes! I don't weigh myself, I will be measuring those key areas.

Has anyone else ever taken an "extended vacation" from working out? How can I ease into this?
September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards