Getting in Shape

How often do you weigh yourself?

Just wondering...

How often does everyone weigh themselves?

I have to try to resist the urge to weigh every single day because I know you weight fluctuates. :)

Who weighs everyday? Who weights once a week? Once a month?

Sarah

Re: How often do you weigh yourself?

• i weigh myself every Saturday morning,i like seeing a big drop rather then a little drop in weight each day.
  • I usually do every Friday, that way I've been working out all week and have hopefully maintained. I actually haven't in a while and I don't like to right before my period, so probably won't for another week.

August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hardly ever weigh myself. i used to be obsessive. but now we don't have a scale (just the wii) so when I feel like it (like every 3 months) ill hope on that and see what it says although I dont think its extremely accurate.
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• Once a week, at the same time of day. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I weigh my self a lot during the week- but it only "counts" on Friday mornings when I first wake up.

Sometimes I'll weigh myself on Thursday night and then again on Friday morning and I'll have lost 3 lbs during the night! I know this is a normal thing to happen, but it still amazes me! Haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2010
    I weigh myself once a week at home and once a week at the gym - different scales, different times of day. It gives me a more accurate picture of my true weight.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Once a week also - usually Wednesday mornings (my late day at work so I'm home by myself - Fi is supportive but doesn't understand the need).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Everyday...sometimes 2x a day.  But it only counts on Saturday mornings.  I have gotten to where I can guess my weight before I even get on the scale.  I just like to know how much its changing...probably a bit obsessive, but it helps me keep control of the weight if extra lbs are sneaking in.
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Once a week, usually Wednesday mornings, though I'm experimenting right now with weighing in the morning after a big workout.  I think the water retention in my muscles might have been effecting it.  Not sure.  Will see tomorrow!

I do my body fat% once a month-ish.  When I hit the end of a stage in NROL4W, and measurements at the same time.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i do friday and monday mornings - as soon as i'm out of the shower, which is after i run. i take off a pound for wet hair (it makes me feel better lol), and the before/after weekend timing helps to either 1. keep me really motivated for the weekend, or 2. make me feel like sh!t for what i ate that weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I weigh myself everyday I go to the gym, right before I work out. I know thats a lot, but...
  • i don't like weighing myself.  too many factors come into play, the big one being that i become obsessive about it & too hard on myself.  ;)

currently, i'm a strict follower of the "how are the dresses & jeans lookin'?" method.  

Keep Moving Forward
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_weigh-yourself-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:5dc12d1a-4e4f-4809-8e11-d65ee350bdacPost:3ee8f969-fceb-46d4-8bde-68973972ea88">Re: How often do you weigh yourself?</a>:
    [QUOTE] currently, i'm a strict follower of the "how are the dresses & jeans lookin'?" method.    
    Posted by finalgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I LOVE this method! :)  A number is just a number, it's how you look that matters! Although the number scares me right now...I've lost 3 lbs this week though! :)  </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I weigh myself nude every sunday morning before i have eaten. I do not weigh myself the week before or during my period cause i get really bloated.
  • I weigh myself everyday.  Mostly just to give myself motivation for the day. fluctuations in weight dont bother me, its just become a part of my daily routine. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • everyday. first thing i do is get up go to the restroom get naked and stand on the scale.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_weigh-yourself-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:5dc12d1a-4e4f-4809-8e11-d65ee350bdacPost:3ee8f969-fceb-46d4-8bde-68973972ea88">Re: How often do you weigh yourself?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i don't like weighing myself.  too many factors come into play, the big one being that i become obsessive about it & too hard on myself.  ;) currently, i'm a strict follower of the "how are the dresses & jeans lookin'?" method.    
    Posted by finalgirl[/QUOTE]

Same here! I'll weigh myself about once every 2 months out of curiosity, or when I go to the doctor's. However, because it can fluctuate so much just during even one day, I'd rather go by how my clothes fit. Also, there's the whole 'muscle weighs more than fat'. Instead of weighing myself, I tend to either try on my "skinny jeans" and take my measurements every week or 2.  

And I've maintained my 30lb weight loss for 2 years without weighing myself very often! :-D
  • Approximately 20 times/day.  At a minimum, when I first wake up, naked and before and after every "meal".  But I'm not really a good person to ask, since obviously, I have completely lost my mind.
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I weigh usually every morning.  If I see that I've lost  kilo, I don't "count it" until I see it at least two days in a row. 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I'm a bit obsessive about it. I weigh myself everyday. I try to steal away time to weigh myself at work --usually a couple times. I know I shouldn't but I do. FI says we're not going to own a scale once we're married until we're older -he's confident we'll be able to remain healthy without a scale involved and he's fully aware of my obsessiveness about it - which is why he's insistant on this.  For my own sanity ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards