Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Thursday

Friday is so.close.

I ran 4 miles yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the weather.  The sun came back out and it was nice and breezy instead of windy.  I'm feeling a little sore today because I'm an idiot and completely forgot to stretch afterwards.  When I got home I just immediately started cooking dinner instead of stretching.
Oops!

Tonight I'm lifting and doing the elliptical.  I think I'm on track to increase my weights for this routine tonight, we'll see.

How did everyone else do? 
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday

• Yesterday I went to gym and did elliptical and lifted...need to swithc it up a little...sounds like u r doing great Jude! STretch next time!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Morning!

Way to go ladies.  I am taking today off, but might bike if I get bored tonight.  Tomorrow AM will be a weight day.
    Anniversary
  • Nice job :)

Last night we went to the gym and I really wasn't in the mood to run, so I switched up my interval training on the treadmill a bit.  I used a 10 min time for each "circuit."  First 5 minutes were warmup/recovery, 5-7 minutes was running at a 9 min pace at a 6% incline, then 7-8 minutes 8% incline with speed dropped to 10 minute pace then 30 seconds at a 9%.  At the 8 and a half minute mark I went back to zero incline and sprinted until I reached 11 minutes then repeated again once I hit 15 minutes (recovery for 4 min at a 9 pace).  I only did this for 3 miles but I worked up quite the sweat and burned a lot of calories.  I want to start incorporating this into my normal running schedule.  I did abs last night as well.
  • I just want to say that for the first time ever, last night I ran a mile!

This is a big deal because I have severe asthma and working out has been helping it improve. After my regular workout I decided to try running, and when I got to the half mile mark which is usually where I have to quit, I felt great! SO I ran another half! When I got done I ran all the way up the stairs to tell everyone. I know it doesnt seem like a big deal to some people, but I was so excited and it shows me that my working out is really starting to improve my health, breathing wise. :)

Hope everyone has a great Thursday, keep up the good work...I am new on here so sorry to barge into your conversation!
  • PLarson, that's awesome!  It definitely is a great feeling when you improve your distance :)  That's how it always works for me.  I get to that point where I've run to before and if I still feel great I push myself to go further.  Congrats and you aren't barging in!  I look forward to posts from you in the future.
  • PLarson - Awesome job! Congrats on your accomplishment! lbarr - your treadmill work out sounds intense!

This morning I went to spin class. I have tomorrow off so I should be able to get a good long work out in the morning. Saturday will probably be a rest day for me as I will be at services for my great-grandmother. Then hopefully I can pick it up again Sunday!

Nice job everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congrats PL-that's awesome!
    Anniversary
  • PLarson - that is AWESOME!!!  Way to go!  

Last night we took the dogs for a 2-mile walk at a brisk pace.  This morning I just lifted chest & triceps.  My proud moment was actually needing a spotter when I bench pressed today!  Up until now I've lifted just the bar, but I just started putting weight on it & feeling like I need someone by just in case I can't make it.  It was a nice feeling, even though the spotter didn't have to help me at all.

No cardio this morning since I had to be at work super early.  Tonight I'll get some cardio in.  
  • I got 60 minutes of light cardio in on my bike last night. I felt better yesterday and I feel great today so I'm gonna do a gym night tonight.
  • PLarson- Way to go!  Such a great feeling!

My last two nights have been great gym and eating wise.  Tuesday, I did 45 minutes of elliptical and 35 minutes weightlifting.  A lot of abs, so they were sore yesterday...a good sore.  Last night, I did 35 minutes on the treadmill with intervals.  I actually made it through the interval portion without having to stop and walk, so I was super excited!  And then I did 35 minutes on the recumbant bike.

Ibarr--I thought my intervals were going well until I saw yours!  That's an awesome workout!!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Plarson: Way to push yourself, that's awesome!  Feel free to jump in and post, that's what this thread is for!

lbarr: Sounds like an awesome workout! 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was a pretty good workout!  I'm just nervous because I only did half of what that road race is and from what I'm thinking a little over half the road race is some pretty nasty hills.  I pray that I can make it through!
  • Great job everyone!

I got in an hour swim this morning where I pushed to swim 2,500meters. Warmed up with a 500 meter (20 lap) swim; then alternated a 50m freestyle sprint with a 50m recovery kick totaling 500m; then did a 200m swim where I sprinted for 25m and then recovered for 25m; switched to a 200m pull only (which turned my arms to jello!); then did a 500m swim for time and knocked off a full 2 minutes from my time last month; I then did a 200m kick alternating each 25m with a sprint then 25m recovery; switched up strokes to a 200m moderate swim alternating freestyle for 25m and breast stroke for 25m; then did a 200m cool down.

I have to say I struggled a little with this one and felt "heavier" than normal and have felt bloated the past few days. I really dislike my workouts during this PMS stage... the scale hasn't budged either... but I won't focus on that too much this week. I just need to be consistent with the workouts and diet because this is usually where I tend to fall off the wagon.

I'm feeling ambitious enough to do spin tonight. If not, then I'll spin tomorrow morning.

lbarr: I love your workout! I'm going to have to try that one!

Plarson: Congrats on your accomplishment! It always feels great when you push yourself beyond what you originally thought you could do. Keep up the running progress!
    imageimage

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• frances - Yours sounds impossible to me!  I am not a swimmer at all and wish I was.  What a great workout!

Nice job to everyone that is keeping it up :)  
  • Excellent work everyone!! 

I finally had a good run this week! 4 miles at one of the fastest paces I've done yet! I did get caught in 40degree rain so that was extra motivation to run fast and get my ass home!! 
  • thanks for the encouragment everyone, you really made a difference in my motivation!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards