Getting in Shape

Fun Things!!

Hey all....

I have an hour left at work and I need to "look" busy so Im posting some random questions!!
What is your work out planned for tonight?
Whats for dinner tonight?
Anything new with wedding plans or in your life? 

My work out planned is the full 60 minutes if week one in C25K... then going to buy a stability ball and use it tonight!!

Dinner for Fi and fam is pulled pork in bbq sauce... I am having a chicken roll up in lettuce leafs

Wedding plans are on hold ... Fi keeps changing his mind on what he wants... (Thought that was my job). I am avoiding my brother and his kids because they have the flu but I miss my niece and nephew! I hope they all get better soon!!!

Fill me in guys!!  

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

Re: Fun Things!!

• Dinner sounds great Nike! My workout is the p90x arm day. Dinner is a big plate of tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta with balsamic. Lunch is always my bigger meal, I don't like big dinners for some reason. My wedding was last year, but I'm working on shower and bach plans for an old friend. It's more stress than fun, and so awkward because I feel like she's completely shut us out of her life with her FI, so its hard to plan when I don't even know what she likes these days. Asked one of her 'new' friends for help, too, and she never responded. C'est la vie.
    Anniversary
  • Oh wow, that is really crappy that she is not even close!! I have a lot of friends like that. I love my Fi but I would love time away with the girls and they seem to have done the samething as well to me. Well, try not to stress too much and have a little fun!! If she doesnt like it, it is kind of her fault for not getting with you or her other friends not having an input.

Your dinner sounds good.... I wish I liked tomatoes that were not cooked!!

• Yay! Questions!

1: Tonight's Workout:

I have my hour long bootcamp with my trainer, which involves lots of pushups, ab work, step ups, squats, mountain climbers, you name it. I do this twice a week now and it really is showing results on my body, even if not on the scale. I am always totally wiped out afterwards.

2: Dinner tonight:

Dinner is either a flounder filet with brussels sprouts and spinach, or chicken with the same. I am planning on buying some quinoa or couscous because I think I need a grain in there (even though I am watching my carbs).

3. New stuff:

Getting my invitations done is so exciting! The wedding is June 1st and I am going back and forth with my invitation designer on little tweaks and things. I am sooo excited with how they are turning out. It all feels so real when you see your names on the invitation! I am also thrilled at what a relatively good deal I got, and I am helping out a small business owner to boot. Yay, Etsy!
    Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kwit,

Moving is a pain!!! We just moved into our rental home in Aug but we love the house and the landlord so we might ask if we can buy the place!! I love it and I am sure you guys will get it done!! I had a job I HATED HATED HATED before I came to my current job but my brother and FI worked at the same place I did so I felt obligated to stay. When I finally got the courage to quit, I felt like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. If you know you do not want to stay, find something where you are moving and stick it out till you find a job closer to your new house... I know you will make the right decision but your right, no job in this economy is terrible!!

I go for a brisk walk on my lunch break but I work in an industrial park now so I am limited

Good luck!

• NY,

I am getting tired just thinking about your work out!!! lol... Good luck!!!!

I love that your invites are almost done!!! YAY!!!! SOO Exciting. I picked out everything I want but FI keeping changing venue options on me so I can do anything. No date either because we want to be flexible with the venue we pick!!

I AM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! YAY!!

• What is your work out planned for tonight? 
    I aready worked out today! I ran 2.5 mile in intervals and started a leg strength circuit that I had to cut short. Normally on Tuesdays I go to spinning in the evening, but I'm running a program until 7 at work tonight and have to miss it.

I'm thinking soup since it's so freaking cold outside. I'll have to stop on my way home, but that's okay. It jus sounds warm and yummy.

I ordered a ton of wedding stuff this week. An earring and necklace set, the loose rock candy to decorate our cake with, a garter set, and our invitations! So that should all start to roll in during the next week or so. Also. FI's BM proposed to my MOH Friday nigh and sooooo excited about them getting engaged!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • What is your work out planned for tonight? 
    None! Going to just relax. Most i'd do is a little time on my bike and some free weights, but that's only if I magically get motivated after work.

No clue! DH and I usually end up figuring it out once we're both home. We should get better at this, because it sometimes leads to not the best choices.

I went to see a mortgage guy today, he explained a LOT of the stuff that I was confused about and things are looking VERY good for getting quickly pre-approved. I also found out from him that my credit score is HIGHER than I thought it was! First round of looking at houses is happening this Thursday - can't wait to get in and see some of them.
  • @Kwith - will your DH have a job in the location you're moving to? If so, and if he will be making enough to comfortably support both of you then quit with no qualms. If he does not have a job lined up already or if it wouldn't be enough for you two to get by on...then definitely see if you can work from home till you're able to find something else.
  • CNF, soup sounds great... That was my lunch. Chicken and rice! Yum!! Im so glad you finished your work out. I wish I was better about getting up and getting it done but I am not a morning person and love doing it at night!!!

Entro, SOO glad you are getting to look into houses!!! YAY!!! I looked for months so the only advice I have for you is be patient and make a list of NEEDS and WANTS!! I cant want to hear more about it.

Hate to cut this short but I have to get ready to close up shop for the day!!

Talk to you all tomorrow on the threads!!

• YAY Entropic! I am always so awed when people buy houses. In my area (NY/NJ suburbs) there isn't anything halfway decent under 400k, and I feel like I'll never have enough for a down payment in my lifetime
    Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Entropic, have fun house hunting! We went pretty untradtiona when we bought our house. Small town wih only about a dozen houses on the market, so we just called the listing agent on a house we liked and asked to see it hat night. He made us go see two more then next day, but we offered, and got, the original house. No fun hunting for us. We're looking to move either back to Syracuse or down to Chattanooga though, so we want to have the legit experience te next tiem around. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • After talking with the mortgage guy, there could potentially be a situation where with an FHA loan I only have to bring $500 to the table at closing...that is INSANE to me!

It looked like all mortgage options are at least possible for my income bracket though, especially with the housing price range we're looking at.

I'm just so flipping excited to get INTO some of the houses. Looking at listings online just doesn't do it for me, i'm such a tactile person.
  • I'm going to jump in on this because I have 10 min to kill before I can leave and I'm bored :)

What is your work out planned for tonight? 
    Swimming with my club tonight- just started back after taking November/December off, and I've missed the water!

FI is cooking since I swim tonight, but probably leftover salad (we made a huge salad to have some "adult" food at our tailgate on Sunday, and we were the only ones who ate it) and a frozen pizza- thin crust and veggie, so not the worst thing ever. 

Kind of in a holding pattern, waiting for the resort wedding coordinator to get back to me on stuff, so I'm amusing myself looking at stuff for my bro's FI who getting married in May. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards