July 2012 Weddings

PSA: If you still need to order your veil....

I got my veil in the mail yesterday, and it is absolutely stunning.

It is a cathedral length ivory tulle veil with satin ribbon edging. It is super wide and gorgeous.....and it was $18.  The material seriously feels nicer than the $250 veil I tried on in the boutique. 

I took a risk based on some super positive reviews I found on Amazon. I ordered it from Shop Ginger Weddings on Amazon and I couldn't recommend it more! 

Re: PSA: If you still need to order your veil....

• Congrats! Glad it worked out so well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow that's an amazing price, congrats to you!
    Photobucket
  • Shutup! Really?? At that price I might just get one!! I have a veil but now I realize the material is not what I wanted.. too rough and not delicate looking or feel. :( I bought it too quickly
  • I wouldn't lead you astray Nati - I was shocked at how nice it was! $18.99 was the price of mine, this is what I have in "IVORY" (I wasn't sure what the glimmer would be like, and the glimmer is two bucks more haha)
    http://www.amazon.com/Glimmer-Ivory-Cathedral-Wedding-Bridal/dp/B006IJ93CS/ref=sr_1_13?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1334604872&sr=1-13
  • I'm having trouble looking at her entire shop but I'm getting really excited here!! I'm thinking I'm going to sell the one I have.. and buy one of these...!!

• There's one that's scattered with swavorski crystals that I really like but it has a satin edge and I don't like the satin edges on me. So I'm starting to lean towards this one

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-White-Cathedral-Wedding-Bridal/dp/B006HTLHY6/ref=sr_1_3?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1335536507&sr=1-3

It says it's cut/no edge veil. Not too sure about that because I've never seen a no edge veil in person. Has anyone seen/ felt them in person? Thoughts, opinions?
  • I couldn't figure out how to look at the entire Shop Ginger store as well - I just kept searching for Ginger and finding more veil options, haha!

I tried on a no edge veil at the salon. It was gorgeous and more flowy than the satin edge (IMO) since there is less of a distinction at the end of the veil.  I personally like the thin satin edging just because it gives a small border to the veil, whereas the raw edge is just more....I don't even know how to describe it, haha, seamless and edgeless?? that was probably no help at all, it just almost blended in with my dress too much without the edges. 
  • Thanks for sharing this!  I am going to look and see what is available and probably order one today!  Yay!

:)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_psa-if-you-still-need-to-order-your-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1a3f6df3-8b83-4c47-bc6c-d83ba8b8c79ePost:33948cd1-6396-43f7-ac40-b16c110c0969">Re: PSA: If you still need to order your veil....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I couldn't figure out how to look at the entire Shop Ginger store as well - I just kept searching for Ginger and finding more veil options, haha! I tried on a no edge veil at the salon. It was gorgeous and more flowy than the satin edge (IMO) since there is less of a distinction at the end of the veil.  I personally like the thin satin edging just because it gives a small border to the veil, whereas the raw edge is just more....I don't even know how to describe it, haha, seamless and edgeless?? that was probably no help at all, it just almost blended in with my dress too much without the edges. 
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

Haha that makes sense, no worries. The one I have has a simple pencil edge which I do like. I might just get it anyway.. ahh decisions decisions! Either way thanks a ton for posting this!!!
  • Ugh, this makes me FURIOUS.

The bridal salon ordered the wrong veil for me and I paid $125 for it. I am SO ANNOYED. I just spoke with them on the phone and they were like "Well, we ordered the organza trim . . ."  Ok, well my receipt says satin trim, so you ordered the wrong f*cking veil. Not sure how hard it is to order the right veil since it was the one I was WEARING ON MY HEAD . . . Ugh. Sorry that was a massive vent.

I love your veil, Butterfly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One more thing Butterfly, how thick is the satin edge? It's hard to see from her pics online. I'm sorry I know I'm annoying, but I keep going back on forth on these stupid edges. Do you have a pic maybe?
  • you aren't annoying at all, haha!! I did the same thing when I was looking at these - it probably took me about a week to figure out which one I should get!

I don't have a pic since I had to run and hide the veil before my fiance came over last night, hahaha.  It's visible, but not super thick. I would say maybe like 1/2 of an inch?? that is a guess, though. If I remember I will try to take a picture tonight!!
  • I just ordered mine!  I am so excited!  Thanks so much for posting!  I hadnt even thought to look on Amazon!  
  • you are so welcome - I hope your turns out as well as mine did! The shipping wasn't the quickest, but it was worth it for the price! ajmom which one did you order??
  • Awesome, thanks for posting. I can't decide which length veil I want. I'm going to wait until I try my dress on again and try on all of the different styles and then decide and for the price and the quality I will buy one through this lady. :-)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am so glad I can help some of you out!!

I do NOT KNOW what possessed me to search for veils on Amazon, but I am glad that I did!! My bridal boutique lady who I have worked with three times now keeps telling me that the veil is the ONE thing she wouldn't let me buy from her (since even she admitted that the price is marked up like 10x what it should be).

You will have to let me know how your veils turn out! I think it took about 3 weeks to get mine after the day I ordered it (like I said shipping was a bit slow) but it's absolutely worth it!
    Oh, and make sure you take it out of its packaging immediately and hang it up. It came with instructions saying to NOT iron it even though the folding/packaging wrinkled it a little, and that hanging it up would allow the quasi-wrinkles to fall out of it after just a few days. It's hard to actually hang a cathedral length veil, but I sure am trying hahaha!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_psa-if-you-still-need-to-order-your-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1a3f6df3-8b83-4c47-bc6c-d83ba8b8c79ePost:62c3466c-420e-485d-95fb-7bf6ba1260cf">Re: PSA: If you still need to order your veil....</a>:
    [QUOTE]you are so welcome - I hope your turns out as well as mine did! The shipping wasn't the quickest, but it was worth it for the price! ajmom which one did you order??
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

Yeah Ajmom... which one did you order?? lol

Thanks Butterfly.. 1/2 inch isn't too bad. I'm sure I'll end up like you and spend an entire week deciding and thinking about veil edges. Lol good grief... am I really saying these things??? 
  • I just bought mine! I had a compulsive urge and just did it, lol. I figure for the price I'll take the gamble. I got this one:
     http://www.amazon.com/Fingertip-Swarovski-Crystal-Rhinestones-Wedding/dp/B000KJBJE2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1335552119&sr=8-5

I'll let you girls know how it turns out when it arrives :-)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks for the PSA! This will be my back up!

My cousin is supposed to sell me hers...it was $210 new, and she wants me to pay $175 for it : / Is it just me, or is that a bit high?? No, she didn't get to use it for very long because it was too windy and she had to take it off before the ceremony, but she did have it on for a little bit whipping around in that wind, so I still consider it used.

I sucked it up and offered her $150, which is still WAY more than I wanted to pay, and she told me she'd think about it.Undecided
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_psa-if-you-still-need-to-order-your-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1a3f6df3-8b83-4c47-bc6c-d83ba8b8c79ePost:dba1906a-22e7-4d3e-96a9-4188bec778bb">Re: PSA: If you still need to order your veil....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just bought mine! I had a compulsive urge and just did it, lol. I figure for the price I'll take the gamble. I got this one:   <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Fingertip-Swarovski-Crystal-Rhinestones-Wedding/dp/B000KJBJE2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1335552119&sr=8-5" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/Fingertip-Swarovski-Crystal-Rhinestones-Wedding/dp/B000KJBJE2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1335552119&sr=8-5</a> I'll let you girls know how it turns out when it arrives :-)
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

<div>I almost bought that one!  I ended up ordering this one...<a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006K6OCMU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006K6OCMU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00</a></div><div>
    </div><div>I cant wait to get it!  I got it in diamond white glimmer.  :)</div>
  • In Response to Re:PSA: If you still need to order your veil....:[QUOTE]Ugh, this makes me FURIOUS.The bridal salon ordered the wrong veil for me and I paid 125 for it. I am SO ANNOYED. I just spoke with them on the phone and they were like "Well, we ordered the organza trim . . ."nbsp; Ok, well my receipt says satin trim, so you ordered the wrong fcking veil. Not sure how hard it is to order the right veil since it was the one I was WEARING ON MY HEAD . . . Ugh. Sorry that was a massive vent.I love your veil, Butterfly! Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I would be upset too! Are they going to get the right one for you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards