Getting in Shape

clean eating...not for me

After trying to eat COMPLETELY clean for a few weeks, I've realized it's not for me. I'd end up frustrated and eating whatever else I was craving (mainly junk foods). I already eat pretty healthy foods, but I was doing better and having more successful weight loss with things that have HFCS (or corn sugar as they're now calling it). I think I'll still make it my goal to AIM towards cleaner foods, but I can't handle it at this point in my life. Kudos to those that can.

Re: clean eating...not for me

• edited November 2010

This whole weight loss journey has been trial and error for me too. What works for one person doesn't always work for the next. I say Kudos to you for trying it! With me I try to comply 90% of the time. For me what I noticed is that for the most part after a few weeks I stopped craving alot of junk food and I starting craving the sweetness of fruit ( I took  that as an added bonus) now don't get me wrong I do have moments when I need a milky way or warm nachos and cheese, I don't deny myself too much but what has happened to me now (since eating clean) is that after I eat junk food sometimes, I don't feel too good afterwards so that has helped me comply alot better too.

• I agree a diet is very personal.  For me, clean eating makes a lot of sense because it's not about counting calories or eating fluff (which means you never get full).

I NEED to feel full, and enjoy my food, or I fall off the wagon.  Clean eating fits the bill, but I'm definitely not perfect (case in point: Thanksgiving pie!).

I say do what works for you LONG-TERM!  Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_clean-eatingnot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:74616625-38d6-41e8-b78a-1bdac55ebf17Post:d72264fc-fc51-45f3-b21f-eb9bde84a2b2">clean eating...not for me</a>:
    [QUOTE]After trying to eat COMPLETELY clean for a few weeks, I've realized it's not for me. I'd end up frustrated and eating whatever else I was craving (mainly junk foods). I already eat pretty healthy foods, but I was doing better and having more successful weight loss with things that have HFCS (or corn sugar as they're now calling it). I think I'll still make it my goal to AIM towards cleaner foods, but I can't handle it at this point in my life. Kudos to those that can.
    Posted by FavoriteOne[/QUOTE]

what is your goal? are you trying to lose weight or you just want to eat better or both?
    You can still lose fat without having to eat clean all the time. Eating clean just means all natural food. obviously no junk food and keeping food  the way nature intended it to be. 

I think for most people eating clean 100% can be a set up. There is absolutely nothing wrong wth having cookies, cakes chips etc. once or twice a week as long as you are not sitting around eating a huge bag of doritos all the time, it's no biggie. You have to balance it out and not make yourself feel like you are not being deprived and this is perhaps why you felt frustrated.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards