Getting in Shape

Couch to 5K Week 5!

I'm a lurker, but I really wanted to share this because I was so happy!

My FI and I have been doing the C25K program. Today was the dreaded week 5 day 3. I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but we both finished it! It got a little mentally tough halfway through, but once I pushed through that I was fine.

I think that it seems more scarey than it actually is and its more of a mental push than you'd think. So thanks to everyone for the motivation!

We have a 5k scheduled next Sunday. It is a fun run at the county fair with "fun stops" like doing down the giant slide or playing a carnival game. So we're going to try to jog all the way through and stopping only at the "fun stops"!

Re: Couch to 5K Week 5!

• Ohhh I am on Week 2 day 1 and I am SCARED!!!  I often wonder how I'm even going to get through 90 seconds- way to go. That is great!!!  Hopefully I am right there with you in 3 weeks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • abbiecorwinabbiecorwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I too am on week 5 (and have just started lurking)! Friday is my day 3, and I am looking forward to it. I remember the feeling when I finished my first 5 minute run. It was like, "wow! I can actually do this!". I acutally jumped in the air with joy. I have several 5k's planned when the time comes, and have even figured out how to run part of the way home from work. (It's an hour subway ride for me here in the city.) I did day 2 yesterday in the rain, just to prove I could do it. 

How is it running with your fiance? Mine is so much more physically fit than I am, I don't think it would work for me. But he is really supportive when I am done. He has recently started calling me his "little marathoner," which I have decided to take in a non-patronizing way. 
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 invitedimage
    118 accept with pleasureimage
    35 decline with regretsimage
    4 are driving me crazyimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards