July 2012 Weddings
Options

Lingerie

I don't want this to sound like I'm a perv. (lol nice start huh?) but I really don't know what to buy lingerie-wise for my wedding night and I'm wondering what you girls are buying or doing for yours. 
I ask because I'm really not imaginative when it comes to lingerie.  I wear a typical nude or black bra and bikini cotton underwear, that's it that's all.  For sleep I wear cotton pj bottoms and a tank top or t-shirt, sexy huh?
I want something 'sexy" for our wedding night or something for our honeymoon but i just can't convince myself to get dressed up in something uncomfortable even if it'll be on for a number of minutes Wink.  Sorry I'm all about comfort.
I've been scouring lingerie stores (at least online) and just don't know what to get so I need your help ladies.. what are you doing and send me in some sort of direction

. Anniversary aandt image

Re: Lingerie

• Options
    I figure I'll shop like I'm shopping for a swim suit. Something flattering, revealing but not too revealing... I suggest you go try some stuff on. I'm much like you, I dress comfortably but on occasion I do get some sexy stuff. I can't go and pick something super sexy off the rack, I have to try a couple things on first to feel comfortable.
  • Options
    I am in the same boat as you Madison. I don't own anything sexier than some lacy VS underwear. I think the semi annual VS sale is in June so I plan to go and poke around there. I know I'm going to have to try a bunch of stuff on to figure out what looks good, but I think I'll have a hard time taking the whole thing seriously when I'm in the dressing room. I think I'm kind of a prude lol.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I would definitely go and try stuff on if you're worried about comfort. Most of the associates at the better lingerie stores are extremely helpful and are trained to not make you feel uncomfortable. I plan on buying a bunch of stuff closer to the wedding in case I loose weight. Do you have an idea of what your FI is into? That might be a good place to start. And don't worry too much- like you said it wont be on you for very long!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I usually go to a local sex store, pick up an outfit right off the rack and add some fishnets. I also seen some cute stuff at Burlington coat factory. Have you tried yandy.com?
  • Options
    I'm rather prudish but I do have SOME lingerie.

In general, I have found that babydoll style lingerie does tend to be more comfortable because it's flowy, rather than constricting. Most guys like black lingerie, but I plan on getting something white. If you want SUPER high end, La Perla has gorgeous stuff. Otherwise, Victoria's Secret has pretty stuff too. http://www.victoriassecret.com/sleepwear/sexy-lingerie

And you're right; it doesn't stay on very long :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you're looking for comfort I think you should look in to a teddy and a thong. Like this http://m.yandy.com/HotPinkBabydollandThong.php
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012

I recieved a pretty hot lingerie number at my early bridal shower so I think I'll just use that. However I'd really like to get this one (LINK) FI has expressed that he likes garters haha. I doubt it would look half as good on me, but the picture is super cute! Maybe that's what I really like most about it hahaha

As for things you might be more comfortable in, why don't you go for a cute babydoll? Babydolls, to me, have a pretty wide range of looks. There are very sexy ones and there are less revealing ones that lean more towards the cute side. I like VS best because they have a pretty good variety if you want something a little more safe. Are you looking for only white or blue? Or the color doesn't matter? PP's suggestion is also very good. Find out what your FI likes.

I really hope this doesn't make you feel uncomfortable, cuz I just want to help lol but here are a few that I think might be give you a little direction.. and that look comfy :)

LINK
    LINK
    LINK
    LINK
    LINK VS Babydolls

HTH!! :)

Edited.. one of my links was screwed up

• Options
    edited March 2012
    It's really not as uncomfortable as you might think!! I love lingerie and I don't own anything that I would say was 'uncomfortable'. Trying some stuff on might make you change your mind. And I agree with dawn, finding out what your FI likes would probably be a good place to start.

My FI and I both like garters with stockings so I'm planning on wearing something like this:

Although, now that I think about it, I don't know if I plan on changing that hard the night of the wedding and I most definitely will not wear stockings outside in July so I might wear something simpler like this below for the wedding night, and save something like what I posted above for the honeymoon. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ahh Meagan! I love your last two links! I've seen them before and they are definitely in my list of faves!
  • Options
    Thanks Nati! I LOVE looking at all this stuff. 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have always heard that you will never make it into your lingerie on your wedding night lol so I'm really not that concerned. I can't get out of my dress by myself and I know FI isn't going to help me undress and then let me redress!

I will be picking stuff for our honeymoon though. I have no idea what just yet :)
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • Options
    I love the babydoll idea they are very comfortable. But you would want to put that on after, not underneath your dress. I wont be wearing a bra with my dress, but I plan on wearing something simple like this (LINK) under my dress. And I agree that stockings in July aren't going to happen but I think that garters are just as sexy without stockings. I've done that lots of times (I love lingerie).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nati, i saw your 1st link and was thinking of that one too. I think I like it because of the colors as well lol.
    Oh and I did ask FI what he likes and his response was "I don't know.. you never wear lingerie so I have no clue'... D'oh!
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    No lingerie for me the night of the wedding.  As for the honeymoon though, I'm sure I'll pick a few things up.  I actually own quite a bit already since FI likes to buy it for me (ironic, since we're waiting until the wedding for sex).  Sometimes I'll humor him and sleep in it, but I'm sure he'll be excited for me to actually wear it for...other reasons.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    My FI loves me to dress up in lingerie for him. He requests it at least once a week, so I have a pretty huge supply of sexy bras, garters, stockings etc. already. I think I'll probably pick up a few new things for the honeymoon, but pretty much stick to my usual type of lingerie.

I'm not a fan of teddies. They seem a bit impractical to me, and aren't very comfortable. I do like corsets with matching undies though, so I might do something like that for honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just yesterday I bought a soft and sheer pink babydoll shirt with satin trim from Target for about $7. It may not be wedding night material, but it's sexy and sweet.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ooooh thanks for the link to yandy.com! I've never been to that site and I found a bunch of cute, affordable stuff! I hate spending a ton on lingerie since it stays on like 2 minutes lol I also found a coupon code, for anyone interested. Enter "FACEBOOK" for 10% off :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    My aunt bought me a beautiful (and tasteful) ivory silk nightie and matching robe for my shower. I plan on wearing that on my wedding night and bringing it along on my honeymoon :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am being myself - because he is choosing to marry me because I'm me right?

Our reception ends at 4:00pm - and so we will have some time between the wedding and the "wedding night' and unfortunately - FI wants to spend that time with our OOT guests...soo..I don't plan anything special for the wedding night.

So for the honeymoon - just some nice chemises - and then my usual sleeping garb - panties (I'll spice those up a little) and a tank top. It always drives FI insane anyway.

Neither of us are big into all the extras like garters and stocking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards