Getting in Shape
Options

My experience with waist cinchers

I figured I'd share this with everybody since I've spent so much time and money 'researching' these things.

I'm a heavy girl and I'm also lazy so I'll do anything I can to get out of exercising haha.

I've purchased many different kinds of waist cinchers, corsets, or "sucker-inners" as I like to call them. I've purchased the cheap ones from walmart, and expensive ones from online and I will post the ones I've had the best luck with on here.

But first before I get into the sucker-inners I want to mention 'full bodystockings'.

I wear one of these - http://www.dancewearsolutions.com/vi...under_i t_all under any thing that shows a lot of leg or that is tight on me. This would be great for someone with a tight fitting wedding dress. It helps smooth everything out from the rolls from your bra to your butt and thighs. It's comfortable and makes a big difference!! Famous actress who have bodies you would kill over wear these types of undergarments to enhance their look.

They make all different kinds so I'm sure you'll be able to find one that works well with your dress, outfit, whatever.

Okay on to the sucker-inners...

The *BEST* one I've found so far is called 'The Squeem'. I got mine off e-bay for much less than any retailer. Not only does this do a good job of sucking my tummy in, it also helps you loose weight if you were it often. it works kind of like a body wrap.

The only issues I've had is that sometimes it will roll up and be very careful to eat and drink SLOWLY. It also makes you not as hungry. I've found that is pretty comfortable and I've worn it for *many* hours straight.

I have yet to find a cincher that works well over my legs/thighs/butt. They always roll up or are so tight they just squeeze the fat and make me look worse. SQUEEM makes some but I haven't purchased any yet - they may work better the kinds of I've used.

Now as far as corsets go I've only ever been able to afford the ones with plastic boning and my fat always seems to push the boning out of place and I look ridiculous. I've never had the money to afford a corset with METAL boning but I've tried one on before and HOLLY COW do they slim your waist!! It's insane!! You literally have to adjust your body to them and slowly tighten them over time or else they can shift your organs haha.

Anyway, if you would like to know let me know or if you have any experience with great sucker-inners, etc please share!

Re: My experience with waist cinchers

• Options
    All this money you spend on diet pills and waist cinchers, why don' t you just buy a gym membership?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Um yeah.  I use diet and exercise to slim down my waist/legs/boobs/whatever.  Because for me, it's not just about looking good (which I do, thankyouverymuch) but being healthy.  Living a long life with my husband.  Being able to play with my (future) children.

And not being able to eat because it's so tight?  Yeah, not my idea of fun.

And it's lose weight.  Not loose weight.  Wearing a corset is not a recommended weight loss method.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Like Raynes said, I actually do something to slim down my body, rather than contorting it into spandex and corsets to hide my fat.

If you are unhappy with the way your body looks au natural.....then maybe it's time to start exercising.
  • Options

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    Ouchies. This and the diet pills are crazy and will ruin your health even more than being overweight...
  • Options
    "You literally have to adjust your body to them and slowly tighten them over time or else they can shift your organs haha."

Shift your organs?  Seriously?  Like your mesentaries will cease to exist and all the organs that are held in place will just start floating all over inside you? 

Wow... I really don't even know what else to say...
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Yes this is how you will be treated if you try and promote quick fixes and not hard work and healthy nutrition. Promoting crap like that completely undermines everything we stand for on this board so it is not welcome.
  • Options
    Thanks Heidi! I reread. I'd missed that sentence. I've heard they help you lose weight as well, but I doubt it's much, or very healthy for that matter.

I meant the Spanx, not a corset. (My Mexican friends often use the same word for both) My English seems to be going fast haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lorita--I wasn't sure...FI is Mexican and my FMIL has corsets.  And a machine that is supposed to shake the fat right off of you.  So while I try not to stereotype the whole country (none of my Mexican friends from before or after meeting FI have the same weightloss ideas that she does) nothing would surprise me.  :)
  • Options
    Aaah, yes, the fat-shaking machines. I have seen many :)

The most popular weight-loss things here in Mexico are probably the shakes and herbal teas. One Mexican friend got me on a "birdseed shake" diet for about a week, which supposedly helps the metabolism. All is did was make me have to pee a lot haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It says on the instructions for the Squeem cincher to only wear it a few hours a day. I'm all about being comfy so I only wear it for special occasions :P I wear the spanx whenever I wear something tight fitting or shows leg, it also helps smooth out bra and panty 'bumps' It's the same kind of thing figure skaters and dancers wear under their outfits.

The steel boned corsets can be dangerous if they aren't worn correctly. If worn regularly they begin to 'shape' your body. I know back in the day women wore them all of the time to shape themselves but you don't see if very often. I'm sure they are okay to wear for short periods of time but I'm not sure about the health effects when wearing them on a daily basis.

I make costumes and a lot of people I know in this field will wear steel boned corsets for their costumes .

The 'regular' corsets - like the ones found at David's Bridal are VERY safe and comfortable for the most part. They won't stuck you in as much as the steel boned ones but they do make you feel better about your figure and enhance your look
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_experience-waist-cinchers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:86fc4236-f41e-4337-8410-bf02142cb9c4Post:f119360c-f24f-4194-b771-a8092231f5ba">Re: My experience with waist cinchers</a>:
    [QUOTE] One Mexican friend got me on a "birdseed shake" diet for about a week, which supposedly helps the metabolism. All is did was make me have to pee a lot haha.
    Posted by loritajean[/QUOTE]

hehehe very interesting! I'd never heard of that before. I guess all that peeing could help get rid of water weight? Did the shakes taste like birdseed?
  • Options
    @knotporscha - Please retire this thread. It is over 3 years old and this random newbie just posted insulting the old posters.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards