Getting in Shape

For the first time today I saw myself as the size I am

So I am on my second time on weight watchers and I am currently down 36 bls!  Other than a few times I have always been heavy.  I have always looked in the miror depressed with what I see.  Today I looked in the miror and I actually saw thaht I was smaller I didn't see the person I was 3 months ago.  It really makes me feel good.  

I have a total of 100 lbs to loose give or take.  I know I will not reach that weight by my wedding in october, but I now feel like I will be happy with the way I look in my wedding pictures. 

Also in the last week I have had 2 people contact me on Facebook wanting to learn more about WW and both of them have joined.  That makes me feel so good that I'm inspiring others to get healthy as well.
"Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"

Re: For the first time today I saw myself as the size I am

• Wow! I saw your reply to my post and then your thread. Congratulations on your hard work!  Are you going to a WW place in your town or are you using their on-line program?

~*~ We are just two people who found each other. No more, no less. ~*~ Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest My journey to a better me.
  • I go to WW meetings near my home.  I find that I personally cannot do this myself I need the meetings. 
  • And thank you!  Good luck to you in what you decide to do!
  • This is my second time on WW also and i have about 80 lbs to lose. I know i'm not going to reach my goal for our wedding in october, but I have confidence that I will lose more than i have. I've only been on it for about a month and i've lost approximately 5 lbs. Hearing your story inspires me and helps me believe that I can do this! I think I need to hear something motivating to keep me going. Thank you for sharing this :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit The Nest!
  • Ooh I LOVE your attitude and wish I could learn to think like you.  Even when I lose weight and just recentlyl fit back into my dress perfectly with no alterations I was only happy for a minute.  That is such a downfall that I do not love myself more how I am at this moment.  But I guarantee if I was to gain weight I would spend countless hours downing myself.

Congratulations and you have totally inspired me to be happy with how I am now, not how I will look in 30 pounds..thank you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats! So glad that you are making so much progress and feeling so good about yourself!!!!
  • Congratulations! That must feel incredible!
  • Congrats!!  Thats is a great accomplishment.  Please keep up posted with all of your progress!  I think a few of us out here could use the extra inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's amazing, keep up the good work :)
  • That is SO awesome!!! 

I sent you a PM! : ) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot
  • Aw, congrats! That is so awesome! WW is such a great program, I'm sure you will look beautiful in your wedding dress! 
  • Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment!
    Anniversary
  • congrats! i'm 13 lbs down, another 22 to go! i've been frequently posting on my wall about my weight journey, and I feel like all my friends and family are supporting me. I have also inspired a few of my family members to start losing weight and be more healthy. Makes me feel good that i'm doing good.

started my journey at 211 (size 18) lbs, now at 198(fitting into 16's).. goal is 175 (about a size 12 for me)
    In the confusion we stay with each other, happy to be together, speaking without uttering a single word -Walt Whitman

Rachel & Jared est. November 11, 2006

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker My Weight Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_first-time-today-saw-myself-size-am?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:879a39e7-94c6-400b-8afb-338687deb719Post:139596a7-797f-4aae-b37a-02b085d32a7f">Re: For the first time today I saw myself as the size I am</a>:
    [QUOTE]congrats! i'm 13 lbs down, another 22 to go! i've been frequently posting on my wall about my weight journey, and I feel like all my friends and family are supporting me. I have also inspired a few of my family members to start losing weight and be more healthy. Makes me feel good that i'm doing good. started my journey at 211 (size 18) lbs, now at 198(fitting into 16's).. goal is 175 (about a size 12 for me)
    Posted by whitma87[/QUOTE]

Congratulations!  That's great!  I saw that your wedding is 5 months 1 week away, you sounds like you are getting married the same day as me! october 8th right? 

I'm srue that you'll make it to your goal weight by the wedding!  Good luck with everything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards