Getting in Shape

30 day shred

I'm sure someone has asked this before... but who has done the JIllian Michaels 30 day shred? Can you tell me a bit about your experience?  did you see results?

Re: 30 day shred

• I just did level one on Saturday and I think I'm just getting back to normal. I thought I was in shape, going to the gym a lot, etc but I guess I was wrong. I was so incredible sore. Make sure you stretch A LOT!! It's a great workout though, I wore my HRM when I did it and I was shocked with how many calories I burned in 20 minutes.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I absolutely can't stand that woman...but I'm going to start 30 Day Shred today...
    GL to you!
  • deadutopia I can't stand Jillian either! I got her "yoga meltdown" dvd, and stopped after 15 minutes when she started saying "who's your daddy?"...ugh.  I herniated my L5-S1 3 years ago and despite physical therapy I lost a lot of muscle tone...I'm 5'3" and 112 lbs but flabby as all get out, and it sucks. I have heard good things about the 30 day shred, so I'd like to try it...if only I could mute it the whole time :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_30-day-shred-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:893d9cbd-9aec-4e5c-8a9a-a440ee72dd69Post:1e905f27-4d3f-4bae-b7c6-a54d9a1324d5">Re: 30 day shred</a>:
    [QUOTE]deadutopia I can't stand Jillian either! I got her "yoga meltdown" dvd, and stopped after 15 minutes when she started saying "who's your daddy?"...ugh.  I herniated my L5-S1 3 years ago and despite physical therapy I lost a lot of muscle tone...I'm 5'3" and 112 lbs but flabby as all get out, and it sucks. I have heard good things about the 30 day shred, so I'd like to try it..<strong>.if only I could mute it the whole time </strong>:)
    Posted by jujub423[/QUOTE]

I did the first two days of each level listening to her to learn the cues, and then muted her and played my own music.  MUCH more enjoyable!
  • I did level 1 for the first time on Thursday. My calves hurt so much I couldn't go up and down stairs until Sunday. I think I pulled a calve muscle. I used a foam roller on my quads/t-band/hamstring immediately after working out. They weren't sore at all, so I'd recommend it.

I did level 1 again today, but wore running shoes instead of doing it bare foot. It was much easier on my legs/calves this time.

As a guide, I consider myself an average level of fitness, I just finished a month of 3X week at Curves to ease myself back into fitness following a knee injury.
  • I totally agree with PP about muting her and playing music instead once you get the routine down.

I'm on my last day of level 2 and I can't wait for level 3. It's a great workout that gets me dripping sweat in only 20-25 mins but it gets BORING! I feel it's a good workout to get you going and it's easy to turn on and workout real quick, but it doesn't replace a gym workout.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards