Getting in Shape

c25k

I've been watching this board as I got engaged in July and have about 50 more pounds to lose before the wedding- November 2012. I've got a little over a year so if I put my mind to it, I might really be able to do it. Who here has lost that kind of weight?

I do want to tell everyone who doesn't think they are a runner, but wants to maybe start that the couch to 5k program is amazing. It's a 9 week program, and I am just about to complete week 7 tomorrow! Week 1, I didn't think I'd make it past day one: 8, 1 minute runs with walks sprinkled in-between. Last night I ran 25 minutes straight... 

I always hated running, but I'm actually enjoying it now. Knowing that I have a scheduled run 3x a week and each week seeing distance and time improvements is just great. I've lost about 7 since I started... which isn't a whole lot- but I feel much, much better. I'm thinking of starting P90x after I complete the program- has anyone on here done it? Or thinking of doing it, etc? I'd love to hear about if you got some results! 

This is my first post on this board- but I will be around a little more often from now on- some accountability is always good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards