Getting in Shape

Two Weeks Left -- HELP!

So I have 2 weeks left until the big day... I still think I look too 'puffy' in my face and my upper arms are still huge :( ... I know you can't tell your body where to shed, but HELP! I'm drinking lots of water... doing exercise tapes every night... any other advice?  TIA!!

Re: Two Weeks Left -- HELP!

• Eliminate salt and extra sugars from your diet. You can pick up a copy of Jillian Michaels' "Making the Cut" at Barnes and Noble. It has a 7 day no salt eating plan (it has a disclaimer to NOT do it for MORE than 7 days), as well as tips on how to get rid of water weight (sitting in a sauna, etc.). Good luck!
  • add lemon juice to your water, it helps rid your system of excess sugar/salt and water weight. Plus, I think it is delicious.
    Do some extra cardio, and I read some where that on the day of your wedding you should do a bunch of arm exercises with small 5 lbs weights for 10 minutes and it'll make your arms look more toned on your wedding day! (I think it was an article on the knot somewhere)
  • My GF did the Jillian Michaels 7 day thing with amazing results, but you must not do it for longer and you must know it's not permanent, like any quick push to lose weight, but it should last thru your honeymoon. I just wouldn't do anything like that the week before your wedding. start it now so you don't have to worry about it those last few days, when your stress levels are likely to be higher.
  • btw I have a true Hollywood make up trick for you that's good for the day of, but you will want to try it sooner to make sure you have no reactions.

Keep some preparation H gel in the frig, and apply it to puffy eyes. Pro make up artist use this for those Hollywood actors that like to party and drink which leads to bloating and puffy eyes. Apply it carefully so you don't get it in your eyes, and you don't need much. It's an anti-inflammatory that works quickly. It's one of the tricks I learned from the $15k makeup school I went to in Hollywood.

Good Luck!!!  
  • Cantaloupe and bananas also help your body purge water because of the potassium in them (just don't over do it with the potassium).  And drinking a moderate amount of green tea might help too.  None of this is permanent, but if you have excess water weight, these act as natural diuretics.

I agree with laying low on the sodium (don't eat out if you can help it).

One reason why people lose a lot of weight in the first few weeks of a fruit diet is that they lose a lot of water weight.  I wouldn't recommend this (eating only fruit) but I would recommend making sure that you have fruit in the house so that when you have a sugar craving in the next two weeks, you can eat fruit instead of junk.  That may help too if you are retaining water.

If you don't already do push-ups, start tonight.  That might help you even though it is only two weeks.

• Try dips, pushups and pullups. Cut out sugar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards