Getting in Shape
Options

Arms!!!

Okay ladies!!! I've been poking around the knot for a while now. I am getting married in October and REALLY trying to work on my arms. Does anyone have a good arms routine?!?!?! Thanks!

Re: Arms!!!

• Options
    What kind of work are we talking? 
    You can't spot reduce, but you can build muscle.. so if you're talking about needs to work on muscle definition for your already-thin arms, then that's doable. 
    If you're looking to slim them down, then cardio cardio and more cardio. 
    BodyStep really helped me lose arm fat, yoga and lifting helped scupt more... But like I said, we don't know what your starting point is.. So not sure what direction to point you in! 
  • Options
    Weight lifting will help you build lean muscle while burning more fat, defining your arms. (With weight loss alone, your arms might srink, but not lose the jiggle or really look that much healthier) Use light weights, between 3 - 5 pounds, and lift upper body 3 - 4 times a week. Also, try push ups and planks. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    As for a routine, I'm not sure what you have access to, but on my upper body days here is what I do (note, the wights are high on some since I have been doing weight lifting for a long time, I started out at about 5 lbs for each exercise in the beginning and built up):

• Machines:
    • Chest press machine (15 lbs): holding the horizontal bars for 5 sets of 12 repetitions, then holding the vertical bars for 5 sets of 12. 
    • Bicep curl machine (20 lbs): 5 sets of 12. 
    • Lateral pull down machine (25  - 30 lbs):  5 sets of 12. 
    • Free weights:
    • Hammer curls (5 lbs) combined with alternating leg lunges, 3 sets of 12
    • Lateral pull-ups (5 lbs) combined with squats, 3 sets of 12
    • Tricep kick backs (5lbs) I do both arms simultaneously, 3 sets of 12
    • Rowing pull backs (5lbs) combined with squats, 3 sets of 12
    • Tricep lifts (5 lbs) 3 sets of 12
    • Cardio
    • On the treadmill, 15 minutes of intervals. Start 90 seconds high speed, 90 seconds walk, 90 seconds high speed, 90 seconds walk, repeat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards