Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Monday

I'm surprised I'm posting this today!

Friday I got home form work and all I wanted to do was eat everything. I was able to convince myself to just have a yogurt and then I went to the gym. Earlier in the day I went on a walk with co-workers, then at the gym I did 20 minutes on the stairmaster and 35 minutes on the elliptical.

Saturday I dragged my butt out of bed early for body pump, then I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 45 minutes on the treadmill. Later in the day I also went to play disk golf with DH (it was such a beautiful day!).

Yesterday I was sore and not feeling exercise...the only physical activity I got for the day was going to the park with DH and playing some more disk golf (gotta take advantage of the nice days!).

Now you go :)

Re: Workout Accountability: Monday

• Options
    Friday I had quite a few beers and a veggie burger with fries.  Not my proudest moment.  Saturday I didn't eat much during the day and I went to the gym and did elliptical and abs.  We met MIL for dinner and I ate alright, but not great.  Yesterday I ran just shy of 8 miles.  Food wasn't too terrible.

Last week I found myself really becoming too obsessive with the food logging in MFP.  That happened to me last time I tried to use the site.  It goes from good, to obsessive, to bad and I just can't wrap my mind around anything else besides food, and calories, and burning.  I realize I' need to take a break from logging and just eat healthy and make sure I exercise and not get too wrapped up in it.
  • Options
    @Ibarr - You have to do what works for you! Maybe MFP is just something you check in with once or twice a month to remind yourself of portion control and nutrition. If you're not actively trying to lose a large amount of weight then it doesn't necessarily make sense to obsess over the details :)
  • Options
    Exactly Entropic.  I've had some eating issues in the past so the more I scrutinize my diet the more I feel those old tendencies surfacing.  I will definitely still say "on" MFP.  I love the recipes, etc. but I think for now I will log a lot less.  
  • Options
    Good morning!

@lbarr - i've had the same problem in the past, and good for you for stepping back from it for a bit.  it's REALLY hard to recognize when those things can go from helpful to all-consuming.  And congrats on running 8 miles, that's a great accomplishment but it seems like it sort of got lost in your post a little bit so I wanted to say awesome job!

Well, I don't want to even think about eating more for a while.  I've had 3 thanksgivings since Thursday, and have 2 more on actual Thanksgiving day.  And I've definitely eaten more at them than I usually do and have felt stuffed afterwards, though I don't think I'm completely gorging.  Maybe it's because I've gotten used to portion control.  I've tried to counteract it with some activity.  Saturday I ran 7 miles and did pilates.  Sunday I only had time for a 5k, but managed to run it in my best time (25 minutes, despite really tired legs), so at least there was some redeeming quality to my weekend!

Today I packed a healthy lunch and am planning on going for a run after work to enjoy the beautiful weather.  Especially since I'm not planning on running Tues or Wed to rest up for my Turkey Trot on Thursday! 
  • Options
    I'm not sure how this week will play out for me - it's festival week from tomorrow until the following Tuesday night (which is our show). I'm hoping that the extra running around will count for something!

This weekend was full of errands and lacking exercise. Food was okay, but not great. I'm doing better with the gluten thing, and getting used to my limits, so that's something.

Am spending any free moments thinking about the upcoming challenge ... :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks choagie!  Also, I'm glad someone else "understands" because I know some people might look at it as an excuse and it really isn't!
  • Options
    lbarr, I'm the same way. I became obsessed with it. For the past week or so, I've just been 'logging' on an excel spreadsheet with no calories or counting, just being aware of what I'm eating. Like last night, sugar meltdown, so now I'm aware that if I don't eat enough of the good stuff at dinner, my sweet carbs addiction will take over. 

Saturday I taught all morning, so at least I move when I work. Then I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the bike, abs and some arms. I was so sore yesterday and my back was so out of alignment, that I skipped yesterday. Got my back crunched this morning, so I did a light jog, then bike, but no weights so I won't pop my back out again. 
  • Options
    Good evening everyone!

I'm an evening poster now.. just don't have time in the mornings. Ate a healthy breakfast and lunch, which is great. It's great having no time for snacking. I've been so busy every day at my practicum school which is going to be wonderful for my waistline. We were doing fitness circuits in gym with the grade 5's, so I got some real exercise (jump rope, squats, pushups, supermans, bicep curls, etc) in for about 35 minutes and it felt awesome. Plus it was more fun because it was with 10 year olds!

I'm super close to weighing in at less than I've weighed in the last 5 or 6 years. Like, 0.5 pounds close. I'm stoked! Can't wait to get just below 164!

Have a good evening tonight and day tomorrow!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Friday I walked about 2 miles (half uphill) to the dog park, Saturday I walked 3-4 miles and started on mfp.  Even though I went out to lunch and really didn't pay attention to what I was eating beyond what I felt like I eating, I still did well for the day!  (Soup weather is amazingly healthy!)  Sunday I didn't do any real working out, but I did vacuum and shampoo carpets, and hardcore vacuumed all the dog hair out of all four couches.  And every day I did a little yoga work out and lifted some five pound weights while I watched TV.

I just got home from work/running errands, and now I'm getting the motivation up to walk on the treadmill before I snuggle under blankets for the night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards