Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Judge my timeline for me?

Yes, I may have been a little bored at work yesterday so I sat down and did this for an hour...

So my DOC had to cancel on me cause she's pregnant and due right about the time of my wedding. Boo! Instead of hiring a new one, I figured between my awesome photog, the contact at the hotel, and Melody, I have plenty of people to make sure everything flows as needed. That being said, I'm on my own for the little things including my day-of timeline. Not that I mind cause this isn't that difficult for me after doing party stuff for 5 years.

I'm more concerned about having enough time in the morning and early afternoon for getting ready and first look/formal pics before our 3pm Ceremony. Any input would be appreciated, especially from the marrieds out there who may have done a first look.

Of course I understand that I may need to bump up hair and makeup if any of the other girls elect to get theirs done, but I am leaving that up to them and not making it a requirement. We are staying at the Magnolia the night before, and will probably have mani/pedi day earlier in the week. Oh, and I promise breakfast has been considered for all of the wedding party :D

10:30am           Hair & makeup begins

11:30am           Photo/Video Arrive Bridesmaids & Bride Getting Ready (allow 15 min)

Noon               Groom and Groomsmen Getting Ready (allow 15 min)

12:30pm           Bride to step into dress

1pm                 First Look Photos of Bride and Groom – location at hotel TBD

Bridesmaids may finish hair and makeup at this time, to be ready for portraits at 1:45pm

1:45pm             Portraits

Bride

Bride with each Bridesmaid

Bride with all Bridesmaids

Bride with Mother

Bride with Father

Groom

Groom with each Groomsman

Groom with all Groomsmen

Groom with Mother

Groom with Mother and Father

Groom with Father

2:30                 Guests begin to arrive

Prelude music begins

2:55                 Bridal Party lines up for processional

3pm                 Groomsmen to Start Ushering

Ceremony begins

3:45pm             Receiving line at ceremony location

4pm                 Cocktails, Cold Apps & Poker begin at Club Level 2 across the street inside Magnolia Hotel

Bride and Groom pose for portraits

Bride & Groom add bride’s parents

Bride & Groom add bride’s parents add siblings

Bride & Groom add groom’s parents

Bride & Groom add groom’s parents add siblings

Wedding Party Photos

4:30pm             Bridal Party Entrance

Bride & Groom’s grand entrance

First Dance

4:45pm             Hot Apps, Mac & Cheese served

5:15pm             Father-daughter/ Mother-son/ Mother-daughter dances

6pm                  Best Man/Maid-of-Honor toast, Bride & groom speak

6:15pm             Cake cutting

7pm                  Bouquet toss & Garter toss

7:50pm             Last dance

7:55pm            PRIVATE LAST DANCE, Guests Prep for Grand Exit

8pm                 Grand Exit

~DFWs Resident Snark~
I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Re: Judge my timeline for me?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Giving it a cursory glance, it looks similar to mine, and my ceremony is at 2:00, so I think you'd be good.  You should definitely check with your hair/makeup person to see how much time they'll want.  I had my regular hairstylist tell me she likes to spend an hour and a half on the bride alone (which seems nuts).

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011

Yeah the girl I am using said to budget an hour for each with her. The makeup taking an hour seems insane to me. My hair taking an hour, not so much, cause it is beyond thick and difficult! 

~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it looks good but I have a couple minor notes you can take or leave. 

I made my timeline then added in an extra 15-20 min on each thing (even though I was already generous with the time) before the ceremony which totaled out to a little over an hour extra.  I am SO glad I did because it took so long to get me into my dress which had us running about 15 min behind.  In the end we ended up having an extra 40ish minutes to kill before the ceremony and that was some of my favorite time.  Matt and I had already seen eachother so us along with the entire bridal party just grabbed a drink and joked around and just had a really good time.

I loved my sunset/ night time pictures and would recommend finding a way to get some.  With the help of Glenn and Chelsea we were able to sneak out for about 15 min and no one noticed.  Four of my top 10 fave pics were taken in that short time frame (like the one in my siggy). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_judge-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:33c93bfc-d4ca-4550-ada7-387e058fe9d3Post:de1edba5-65a8-431a-8144-708cf18bede7">Re: Judge my timeline for me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it looks good but I have a couple minor notes you can take or leave.  I made my timeline then added in an extra 15-20 min on each thing (even though I was already generous with the time) before the ceremony which totaled out to a little over an hour extra.  <strong>I am SO glad I did because it took so long to get me into my dress which had us running about 15 min behind.</strong>  In the end we ended up having an extra 40ish minutes to kill before the ceremony and that was some of my favorite time.  Matt and I had already seen eachother so us along with the entire bridal party just grabbed a drink and joked around and just had a really good time. I loved my sunset/ night time pictures and would recommend finding a way to get some.  With the help of Glenn and Chelsea we were able to sneak out for about 15 min and no one noticed.  Four of my top 10 fave pics were taken in that short time frame (like the one in my siggy). 
    Posted by bobbileighb[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, one of the websites I found yesterday said to budget extra time if your dress is a corset style. Luckily mine just zips up, so unless I have packed on any weight to prevent it zipping, hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. I'll be sure to throw in some extra time though just in case :)
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So my caterer requested that the toasts be after the cake cutting so the guests have a distraction while the servers slice and plate the cake. It worked really well.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just going to judge you.  Is your wedding perfect?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_judge-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:33c93bfc-d4ca-4550-ada7-387e058fe9d3Post:2e5396c0-3d75-4d55-87a9-ad1b4e73eafb">Re: Judge my timeline for me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just going to judge you.  Is your wedding perfect?
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

It is. You gotta problem with that? ;)

Laura, thanks for that I think I will consider that.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks good to me.   The only concern I would have is exactly how ready will you be when photo/video arrive?   If it were me, I would want to make sure that I'm pretty darn put together and just getting the finishing touches.  Is an hour long enough for you?  Maybe have the guys go first so you have an extra half hour?

I think the first look schedule looks fine.   45 minutes is a generous amount of time for the first look/portraits so I think even if you ran a bit behind you will be okay.

ITA about the toasts being after the cake cutting.  Not to distract guests, but to make cake available sooner. :)  ETA:  ...andplusalso, you guys might want to hug, wipe away tears, etc after the toasts without the guests staring at you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards