Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

NWR: mortgage brokers

A friend of mine told me she used a broker to get her the best financing offer on her new home. She said he did not charge a fee and it was paid by the lender they selected. Does anyone know a trustworthy broker to recommend? I tried asking her for her's but she keeps putting it off and I'm ready to get the ball rolling. :)

figuring it out as i go Wedding Countdown Ticker image 124 Invited so far!
image 105 (including 4 extra plus ones) Are ready to party!
image 9 Will be missing out!
image 14 Are making me slowy go crazy!
RSVP Date October 15th

Re: NWR: mortgage brokers

• amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a realtor?  If you have a good realtor they can help you with things like that... mine did.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• edited December 2011
    I used Robin Hill with Metrocities Mortgage- I was pleased with her.  (469) 449-9889
  • edited December 2011
    Yea, we are using one of FI's clients as our realator. I know she works w/a particular lendor so I felt like she would be a little biast towards lenders ya know. Thanks for the info Jess, if the realtor doesn't give more options I'll check into your person.
    figuring it out as i go Wedding Countdown Ticker image 124 Invited so far!
    image 105 (including 4 extra plus ones) Are ready to party!
    image 9 Will be missing out!
    image 14 Are making me slowy go crazy!
    RSVP Date October 15th
  • edited December 2011

Hi, I use to work for a mortgage broker and typically they can give you a better deal because they go through several lenders to find the best rate of the day when you want to lock it in.  Typically a 30 day lock is te lowest.  If you try to lock 60 dates out of your closing date it will be a higher rate.  I would think if a fee was waived for your friend it was put back into the rate or hidden somewhere in the closing costs.  You should shop around and get what is called a good faith estimate to compare your closing costs and rates.  Just know the rate at the time they give you this will be approximate due to the market fluxuating everyday.  The main thing is compare those good faith estimates.  Every lender is required by law to provide this to you.  Also don't be afraid to use your realtors mortgage company she may have a deal worked out with them for her customers.  Good luck!

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards