Options

Valentines Day 2012 Challenge!!

Re: Valentines Day 2012 Challenge!!

• Options
    USERNAME: that one girl
    Starting Weight:  (if comfortable saying): 214
    Goal Weight: (if comfortable saying): 150 overall, 200 for challenge
    Amount of pounds you want to lose: 14
    What you'll do to achieve this goal: Count calories using myfitnesspal, walk at work on breaks, do Zumba!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

You said we will post our results weekly...any certain day? I will def need some good recipes. We are both trying to loose.

• Options
    *******************I HAVE A QUESTION?****************************************************
    So I work out with my personal trainer 3 times per week and he tells me to never go off of weight because as you work out you gain muscle which makes you weigh more. My goal is to actually gain 15lbs of muscle. I am trying to lose inches, I am guessing everyone else is to? Does it make sense to say your goal weight? Isn't everyone going more for a goal look or size? Just wondering?
  • Options
    USERNAME: 2012FutureMrsB
    Starting Weight:  (if comfortable saying): 200
    Goal Weight: (if comfortable saying): 185
    Amount of pounds you want to lose: 15
    What you'll do to achieve this goal: workout 3-4 times a week for 1 hr. each time, eat heathly - cut back on calories, carbs, fats, and sugar
  • Options
    For the ladies look for recipes, check out
    http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/healthy-meals/400-calorie-dinners-00000000027141/index.html
    Be sure to check the amount of servings on the recipe! It's no use to cook a meal at 350 calories and then eat three servings :P
    My personal favorite is:
    http://fatsecret.com/recipes/collections/nutrition/low-calorie/300-400-calorie/Default.aspx
    It has a lot of vegetarian recipes, which is great for me. I just made a blackbean-garlic broccolli recipe from here last night. It was pretty good! Next time I'd half teh water though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    USERNAME: NMAmato
    Starting Weight: 134
    Goal Weight:125 (wedding is Feb. 25!)
    Amount of pounds you want to lose: 9
    What you'll do to achieve that goal: cardio/weights 5 days/week, healthy diet, cutting out soda

Went to my dress fitting and it takes 2 people to get me zipped in :( Main goal is to fit into the dress easily (only one person zipping!) and lose a little more after the wedding for the honeymoon cruise (in June)
  • Options
    USERNAME: annie912
    Starting Weight:  (if comfortable saying): 173 (gulp, gained more than 10 lbs since fall)
    Goal Weight: (if comfortable saying): 150/163 for this challenge
    Amount of pounds you want to lose: 23/10 for this challenge
    What you'll do to achieve this goal: running, swimming, yoga, going to try some group classes at the Y (time permitting) and stop eating cr@p!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Is it too late to join??

USERNAME: Allijae
    Starting Weight:  (if comfortable saying): 150
    Goal Weight: (if comfortable saying): Overall: 130. V-day: 140
    Amount of pounds you want to lose: Overall: 20. V-day: 10
    What you'll do to achieve this goal:
    Cardio: Spinning and running
    Resistance: body weight workouts, body pump
    Eating: 4-5 meals per day, more cooking, limit alchohol and sugar
    Track everything on SparkPeople.com
    **30Day shred on busy days**
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • Options

I'm new to The Knot (just got engaged 12/25/11), and I'm glad some one started this. I want to lose some weight and I really needed the motivation! Wish me luck!! ;)

USERNAME:  ajzmommy
    Starting Weight:  (if comfortable saying):  186
    Goal Weight: (if comfortable saying):  170
    Amount of pounds you want to lose: 16
    What you'll do to achieve this goal: Healthier Diet, Replacing all drinks with water/tea, more physical activity, taking the stairs at work, parking farther away.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    USERNAME: athomas1128
    Starting Weight:  (if comfortable saying): 345
    Goal Weight: (if comfortable saying): Overall 175, for this 325.
    Amount of pounds you want to lose: Overall around 170, for this 20.
    What you'll do to achieve this goal:Zumba on Xbox 360 3 times a week, swimming 2 times a week, reducing soda to one serving per day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    USERNAME: Lele1202 Starting Weight (if comfortable saying): 150 Goal Weight (if comfortable saying): 140 for this challenge but 130 overall Amount of pounds you want to lose: 10 What you'll do to achieve this goal: Log everything I eat on Sparkpeople and eat 1550 calories or less daily, eat more fruits and veggies, stop drinking soda, stop eating candy and junk food, exercise at least 30 minutes 3 times per week on the elliptical :)
  • Options
    USERNAME: Beckster5551
    Starting Weight:  (if comfortable saying): 248
    Goal Weight: (if comfortable saying): 170 total (for this 220)
    Amount of pounds you want to lose: 78 total, 28 for this challenge
    What you'll do to achieve this goal: Yoga everyday after work and maybe getting back into P90x. I also plan on eating Paleo 80%, hopefully get to 100% by the end of the challenge. 
  • Options
    Username : Puzzlepieces07 Starting weight : 160 Goal weight : overall 145 for the challenge 152 Lbs to lose: 8 What I will do: exercise 4 times a week, count my calories, drink lots of water and make healthy choices!
  • Options
    USERNAME: lizziemc1775
    Starting Weight:  (if comfortable saying): 200
    Goal Weight: (if comfortable saying): Total: 150 / V-Day: 190
    Amount of pounds you want to lose: Total: 50 / V-Day: 10
    What you'll do to achieve this goal: Track food on Weight Watchers, drink more water and less Diet Coke, complete 30 Day Shred and supplement with Zumba for Kinect
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_valentines-day-2012-challenge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bc710b06-552e-409c-b0c7-b81fed00dd35Post:4a57eec6-ed87-4138-ba41-d9e6f0277321">Re: Valentines Day 2012 Challenge!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies, wow what a great response. Got my workout done this am. Did a lot of cardio and strenght training. Gonna have oatmeal and two boil egg(white) only for breakfast. Have to go in the grocery store and buy fruits and snacks. I know we don't start the challenge until January but I have been working out for a minute now. No big results because I have been horrible with my eating. Hope everyone has an awesome day!
    Posted by twissy94[/QUOTE]

Yay for a great day! =]
    I love this man.

Photobucket

Can vacation be now please? Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_valentines-day-2012-challenge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bc710b06-552e-409c-b0c7-b81fed00dd35Post:65dc252e-1e75-4058-8edf-4a75f39fbabb">Re: Valentines Day 2012 Challenge!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You said we will post our results weekly...any certain day? I will def need some good recipes. We are both trying to loose.
    Posted by Jbarnettej[/QUOTE]

I'll be updating the list every Sunday. However, if anyone wants to post before Sunday they're more than welcome to.
    I love this man.

Photobucket

• Options
    Thank you for the recipe links Invol , I put the links in the recipe link post so it'll be easier to find.

Happy New Year everybody! Now our challenge has officially started so good luck everyone! I hope that everyone here will reach their goals. Ladies, we are going to look so hot on Valentine's Day! =]
    I love this man.

Photobucket

• Options
    USERNAME: EmilyalmostD
    Starting Weight:  (if comfortable saying): 198
    Goal Weight: (if comfortable saying): Total: 140 / V-Day: 188
    Amount of pounds you want to lose: Total: 48 / V-Day: 10
    What you'll do to achieve this goal: Track calories on SparkPeople, eat more fruits and vegetables and less junk, and walk/jog 4x/week.
  • Options
    USERNAME: crb2013
    Starting Weight: (if comfortable saying): 166
    Goal Weight: (if comfortable saying): Overall, 135, but for this, 155
    Amount of pounds you want to lose: 11 pounds
    What you'll do to achieve this goal: I plan on going to the gym at least 3 times per week. On days I can't make it to the gym, I plan to do at home workouts. Currently I own Fit Into Your Jeans By Friday by Kim Kardashian but I want to get Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_valentines-day-2012-challenge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:bc710b06-552e-409c-b0c7-b81fed00dd35Post:004ff365-5482-41ee-aa63-b73cc6d92707">Re: Valentines Day 2012 Challenge!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]EXERCISES: Free at home workout videos :: <a href="http://www.bodyrock.tv/category/daily-workouts/all-workouts/" rel="nofollow">http://www.bodyrock.tv/category/daily-workouts/all-workouts/</a> 30 Day Shread Level 1 :: <a href="http://www.4shared.com/video/S0SfqmX7/30_Day_Shred_-_Level_1m4vff.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.4shared.com/video/S0SfqmX7/30_Day_Shred_-_Level_1m4vff.html</a> List of at home workout links :: <a href="http://healthy-is-sexy.tumblr.com/post/11603294987/you-will-only-regret-the-workouts-you-dont-do" rel="nofollow">http://healthy-is-sexy.tumblr.com/post/11603294987/you-will-only-regret-the-workouts-you-dont-do</a> [/QUOTE]

For the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - Do I do Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days, and Level 3 for 10 days?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Username: lyssalou89 Starting weight: 130 Goal weight: 115 Amount of pounds want to lose: 15 overall, 5 for this challenge What youll do to achieve this goal: No soda, veggies with dinner more often, training for the Run Like a Diva half marathon in May by running at least 20-30 miles a week, Pilates for 30 minutes every morning for toning!
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

It is back to work for me today after being off since the 23rd of December, I am not liking it. Got my workout done this am and let me say it was freezing for South FL standards. Had oatmeal and a banana for breakfast and brought a huge salad with hummus for lunch. Still need to go grocery shopping(im a slacker) for more snack selections.

Hope everyone is on track and wish everyone much success!
  • Options

Soo.. I've been walking everymorning and night for 45 min with my Fiance. But then I woke up this morning and its like 35 degrees. (this may not be a shock for you northerners, but I'm a FL girl!!) So I think I'm going to have to do something else to get my exercise in. On the plus side I had oatmeal and hot tea for breakfast and a banana and kiwi for snack. I brought my lunch to work and although its meat and mashed potatoes, its a very healty portion. I've been in the bathroom a lot because of all the water so my deskmates are laughing at me. Dieting at work is DEF going be a challenge. Hope everyone else is doing just as good! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_valentines-day-2012-challenge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:bc710b06-552e-409c-b0c7-b81fed00dd35Post:ebb76250-5ab3-4d78-aee8-2a8648a5b7a5">Re: Valentines Day 2012 Challenge!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Soo.. I've been walking everymorning and night for 45 min with my Fiance. But then I woke up this morning and its like 35 degrees. (this may not be a shock for you northerners, but I'm a FL girl!!) Posted by ajzmommy[/QUOTE]

Ajzmommy, isn't it crazy! I am in South Florida(Broward County) and when I went to the track this morning I was like woah! I hear that tomorrow is going to be even colder. Try doing a DVD those are quite effective if you push yourself.  GL
  • Options
    I'm from so Florida and just moved to ny and am jealous of you girls - I woke up this morning to take my dogs for a jog and it was insanely cold- like teens with wind chill - my jog did not last long at all. Tonight I will have to do something to make up for it - hopefully the Jillian Michaels DVD I was supposed to start yesterday! Ajzmommy - I have been in the bathroom so many times today from all the water it's getting embrassing! I've started coming up with errands in other depts I need to do just to get me out to the bathrooms so people don't notice!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ate in a very healthy fashion the past two days. I didn't workout in full blast yesterday, but today I did P90X core synergistics.

Im glad everyone is enjoying the challenge and is doing well so far. lets keep it up ladies. :)
    I love this man.

Photobucket

• Options
    Today I went to the gym and did the arc trainer machine for 30 minutes - burnt 252 calories. Then I went downstairs and did some of the weight machines (mainly the arm ones) for about 15 minutes. But I did 3 reps of 10 on each machine. Tomorrow B and I are going back to the gym together!
  • Options
    Had a really rough night at work last night, so I was able to get in a lot of exercise that way. Haven't been tracking all of my meals on MyFitnessPal, but I think tomorrow will be a better day. Just have to get by butt to the store to stock up on healthy food and snacks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Happy Hump day ladies! Insanely cold this morning for South florida, I went to the track anyway in 44 degree weather. So proud of myself for that, it would have been easy to stay all snuggled up in bed. But I am going hard this year. I am having a side salad, steak and a baked potato for lunch, banana for a snack and lots of water.. Still need to get my bootie to the store.

Get it done ladies!!

• Options
    I have been really really great with my foods this week - bought almost every vegetable in the grocery store on Sunday and have ben having big salads for lunch and diner with just some fresh lemon juice on top and sometimes a sprinkle of evoo with some tofu or black beans and my water intake has been crazy, but I can't find my real exercise motivation - I'm a little tired and almost feel like I'm detoxing from all the bad foods and alcohol over the past few weeks. Also torridhare I friended you on myfitness pal :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards