Getting in Shape

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?

Has anyone tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? I've heard good things about it, but was wondering if anyone had personal experience with the DVD program. 

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?

• I've been doing it since October. I started doing every other day with cardio on off days, and then right before Thanksgiving I started doing it everyday.

It's tough! I like it because it's short (20 min) but really intense.

As far as results, I know I'm stronger but I haven't seen the change in my appearance that I was hoping to. I know a lot of other ladies have had really good results though.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have never done it as a 30 day program, but I have it and use levels 2 and 3 in a rotation with some other stuff.  It's a kick butt workout in 30 minutes so I use it on days when I don't have a lot of time or when I'm lacking in motivation I can usually talk myself into an "it's only 30 minutes" workout easier than something longer.
  • The workout alone didn't do much for me in the weight loss department (although I did get noticeably stronger and built up my stamina a bit).  Paired with a healthy, lower calorie diet though, it was pretty effective.  You probably won't get "shredded" like the fitness models in the video, but it's a better-than-average workout nonetheless.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • My sister used this, loved the workout, saw great results, and then her knee gave out.  Depending on your starting fitness level, you need to be careful starting an intense routine.  This might be rare, but injuries happen with home workout routines.  Part of the problem was that her knee was bothering her and she kept doing the exercises.  Listen to your body!  Personally, I use more gentle programs and see results, but I know some people need a more intense workout.  
    Know thyself!  Wink

• It's quite high impact, so if you have any foot, ankle, knee, hip, back, etc problems, I wouldn't recommend it (lots of jumping, etc).

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • LOVE IT!! I just started it a couple weeks ago and lost 5 and 1/2 lbs and am still seeing results. My fiance said he can see a huge change in my hips, thighs, and butt. I am bottom heavy so I thought that was great. Definately try it!
  • Got it for christmas... it KILLED me yesterday... and that was even with me cheating... ALOT... still trying to convince myself its a good idea tonight.... so far just waking on the treadmill trying to loosen up my muscles from yesterday
  • I'm loving it so far. I got it from Costco for a great deal since it comes w/ a subscription to Fitness magazine for free. I've lost about 5 lbs since starting it 2-3 weeks ago. It's intense but I love it since it's only about 20 minutes, 30 if you include the 10 minute warm up and cool down period.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards